War and Peace: The Full Story

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

War and Peace: The Full Story

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 am

Kon
Okay, where to begin? I will try to make this as short as possible because it is really convoluted.

Yesterday afternoon, it was reported that IAA member Tropical was attacked by WFF. WFF said they were helping VA, and that Tropical had aided someone who was going rogue on VA. VA said that Doch had cleared the attack, as Tropical was not on the IAA roster. Chim got on and went to set the record straight with VA, and get reparations for the damage to Tropical. VA wouldn't back off, and sent a second person to attack Tropical. Chim ordered the alliance to go to DEFCON 3, and war looked possible. Eventually, Chim got the upper hand in the talks and Erix of VA started to back down, but then Chim backed down entirely and agreed that Tropical should pay $3 million and 50 tech to VA. People were angry.

Meanwhile, Anubis, Mechanus, and myself were mildly amused when we found that Xiph of the CN alliance GOD is also a moderator on a fanfic forum Noobis frequents. We decided the only thing we could do in this situation is to post about it on the CN forums. Xiph was very unhappy and demanded I be expelled from IAA and perma-ZI'd for exposing his other hobbies to CN.

Chim initially said no to perma-ZI, but was going to allow them to ZI me in order to prevent a war between the two major power blocs. MercyFallout was so mad about this purely political decision that he proposed a Vote of No Confidence on Chim, and ordered the alliance to DEFCON 2. Most of the people on IRC supported him. Chim told me that he was still going to expel me and then resign, so I asked NV for protection, which they granted. When I told IAA that I was now protected by NV, Chim suddenly changed his mind and said that the alliance was going to war. Voodoo, the new Emperor, seemed happy with this decision.

It was only later that night, after everyone else had gone to sleep, that Voodoo and Chim got together with Xiph to reach a final agreement. When I got on today, I was told by Voodoo that not only was I to make an apology (a reasonable request), but also that 3 IAA members were to attack me for one round of war (8 days). Furious, I posted my apology, which was accepted by Xiph, and went off to NV. Before NV could process my membership application, GOD had attacked me.

I think GOD plans to let me go after this round is over, at which point I will be officially welcome into NV. I am doing well against my opponent, and am optimistic about my eventual victory, unless he decides to use his nukes. Zeph says he also plans to apply at NV. He too has witnessed the whole fiasco over the last two days. So that is where we are now.

You do not have to, of course, but I suggest the rest of you migrate over to NV as well. They have proven to be much more stalwart companions during this time of trial. Much moreso than our current alliance mates. And for that, I thank them greatly.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: War and Peace: The Full Story

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:13 pm

Cyphon88
What did you actually post about the fanfic, as I assume the thread was deleted?

Edit: never mind, just read the apology thread.

Have to say, life has been alot more entertaining/horrifying/facepalming since I came over to mzx.gaming server.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Cyphon88 wrote:Have to say, life has been alot more entertaining/horrifying/facepalming since I came over to mzx.gaming server.
We aim to please :p

Seriously though, we can give you the details on IRC later if you like. Here is not the place to repost that, especially since the situation with GOD is still ongoing.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:52 pm

Whizbang
All that needs to be known is that Kahn brought joy to the hearts and smiles to the faces of millions of children across the globe, almost started a world war, and I saw myself banned from the game. If that doesn't wrap up a bender of a weekend, I don't know what does. :thumb:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm

Kon
It seems one of my GOD opponents was afraid of losing and nuked me, although I was not a nuclear-capable nation. That changed quickly, as I spent the rest of my warchest on a Manhattan Project, bought some nukes, and hit him right back. Now I shall "turtle" myself from the other guy's attacks and pester him as much as I can for the duration of the war.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Voodoo Nova
Kahn. You are my friend. You know how I work and you know what I believe. That's all I can really say.

:wub:

Also, I really need to visit this place more often. Should keep me in touch with why I play this game. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 am

Kon
I know. You did what you thought had to be done as a leader. I hold no ill will against you there. I just disagree with your decision. It would be nice if you stopped by now and again. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:59 am

Jericho78
NV here we come. That's a no-brainer. What you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Inquisitor
All this becasue some douchebag likes a kids book and is too embarrassed? Screw them.

I left the IAA and changed my alliance back to SSX until someone tells me why I should care about any of these dumbasses.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Vince Glortho
So my question is: how long will we be at Nueva Vida before Kahn causes an international incident and we all get nuked? Not saying its a bad thing, I just want to know how much cash to keep in my warchest.

I'll start packing. I assume they know we are coming? Is anyone not going?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:23 am

Stracius
Inquisitor wrote:All this becasue some douchebag likes a kids book and is too embarrassed? Screw them.

I left the IAA and changed my alliance back to SSX until someone tells me why I should care about any of these dumbasses.

That was more or less my thought, except my reaction would've been more along the line of "Screw you you little [insert creative harry potter explicitives here], one hot war comin' right up!"

I suspect I wouldn't last very long that way, but I really have no time, patience, or use for politics in games. Still, it was quite entertaining to read about.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:30 pm

M.Steiner
Maybe I'm not understanding everything as I don't know all the details but I don't get why people are taking the piss out of this Xiph guy for writing Harry Potter fanfiction and going to lengths to make that known to others in CN when I'm assuming one of you must have been reading that stuff in the first place (though not necessarily his) to even know he wrote it? oO. Orrr is it more a case of the fanfic which he writes is embarrassing enough to spark all of this rather than the fact it's based on Harry Potter? People must be either really bored or take things way too seriously if something like this can lead to wars and public apologies lol :confused:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Jericho78
Vince Glortho wrote:So my question is: how long will we be at Nueva Vida before Kahn causes an international incident and we all get nuked? Not saying its a bad thing, I just want to know how much cash to keep in my warchest.

I'll start packing. I assume they know we are coming? Is anyone not going?
I've already packed, just waiting for some company.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Kon
SSX-MS wrote:People must be either really bored or take things way too seriously if something like this can lead to wars and public apologies lol :confused:
You've certainly hit the nail on the head there.

I have already achieved peace, but had to sell all of my infra. I am now in NV, and as soon as the sanction against me is lifted, NV will be giving me $15 million every 10 days until I am back at full size. Easily the classiest side in this whole situation.

To apply, post an application in this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Vince Glortho
Ok, I applied.

Viva Nueva Vida!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:04 am

Jericho78
Hmm, what about my trades? I guess I have to get a new one? LOL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:14 am

Kon
No, you can keep your current trades. Nueva Vida is still a Blue Team alliance. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:57 am

Jericho78
Phew, thanks Kahn... LOL Well, I've applied. We should have done this 2 months ago. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Theoroshia
Not that I actively play CN anymore, but I guess it sucks when your supposed allies screw you over. Kind of makes me remember a situation from a few months ago...

:P

But seriously, good luck with NV. Sounds like the usual CN to me, back stabbing politics and 14 year olds raging about their supremacy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Whizbang
Theoroshia wrote:Not that I actively play CN anymore, but I guess it sucks when your supposed allies screw you over. Kind of makes me remember a situation from a few months ago...

:P

But seriously, good luck with NV. Sounds like the usual CN to me, back stabbing politics and 14 year olds raging about their supremacy.
Except for the fact that GLOF was played by Veneke and his troop of sycophants. Shame that 'supposed' allies went to lengths to cause the situation in the first place. :p

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:00 am

Theoroshia
Regardless of what happened, whether Veneke was some massively awesome super evil lord of espionage or whether GLOF just over-reacted huge amounts of over-reaction, GLoF betrayed the terms of the treaty agreement. We can dispute who was right or who was wrong all the rest of our lives, but GLoF made no (serious) effort to cancel the treaty and wait the required time before the treaty officially was over. I only mentioned this because, from my perspective, I can understand how it feels to have your allies not have your back; I was not referring to GLoF, but to Nexus, who urged us to make peace with GLoF.

EDIT: Anywho, I don't mean to detract from you guys; I was just browsing all the sub-forums and thought I'd draw a parallel between your experience(s) and my own. Good luck, like I said.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Whizbang
I'm just yankin yer chain, Theo. I haven't played CN since my account was banned. Lighten up a bit as it's only pixels and silly intarwebz. :shaking:

<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:04 am

Theoroshia
I thought ye were, I just didn't want to start something serious on the SSX forums ^.^

Return to “Cyber Nations”