The SSX Booster Program

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

The SSX Booster Program

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Lavo
Hello there ladies and gents, most of you know me as that dude whose posting up all those fancy guides for you. Well, we got something else now. And it's going to ran a bit of money! Really, three nations (Isileth, Messiah, and Seher Wachter) will be getting a total of 6 Million each (they were chosen because they're the only ones in SSX with a trade set). Because I currently have full slots and because it seems he has pending Tech Deals, Isileth will get his first aid shipment in 2 days. Now, this aid comes at a price, that you follow a guide on how to spend it all.

1) 5 days after you get your first aid shipment, collect taxes. Don't pay bills yet.
2) Right after you collect, switch to Capitalism (unless you already have it as your government).
3) Now pay your bills and don't collect taxes for the next 15 days.
4) Don't forget to accept the second aid shipment (will arrive 10 days after the first one).
5) By now, you should all be "15 days inactive" in CN (as in, you haven't collected taxes for 15 days). Pay your bills and then pour all of the money you have into Infrastructure, but remember to keep some left over money so you can by soldiers to make sure you have at least 20% of your citizen count in soldiers and so that you can buy some land so your population density per mile isn't too high (you cab check this by seeing if your population density per mile isn't red in your "Private Nation Messages" on your "View My Nation" page).
5a) All of you, do not go over 1000 Infra (or any Infra Jump for that matter). Stop buying Infra once you get to 999.99 Infra/right before a jump. Once you get to that point, read the Infra Jumps/Infra Calc part of my guide, and then use the Infra calculator to see if you can buy 200-300 Infra. If you can, buy more Infra. If you can't, then use the remaining money to buy some good improvements if you can.
6) After you've bought all that Infra, bit of land and troops, switch your government to Democracy (but if your people want Capitalism or a Republic, switch to those instead).
7) Buy some Improvements and enjoy your large boost!

If any of your three has some Tech Deals going on/pending, please tell me about them so I can post some more exactly guidelines for you.
Last edited by Lavo on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:12 pm

W11chter
Proceeding as instructed. I appreciate the help. Shall I understand this as grace or do you want some kind of repayment?
"Wenn der Herr die Stadt nicht bewacht, wacht der W11chter vergebens" (Psalm 127:1).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 am

Kon
Thanks for the hand, Lavo! It's much appreciated! :D
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:44 am

Inquisitor
Lucky guys :)

Hey wait, I thought you said I was getting it :)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:50 am

Lavo
The only "repayment" I would ask of is to help out SSXers in the future when/if they need it. :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:04 am

Messiah
Fantastic!

I am onboard and happy to repay the generosity at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 am

Isileth
Aye this should put is in a position to be able to send aid from within the alliance in the future which should be a great help. Thanks for the support!

Re: The SSX Booster Program

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Messiah
Lavo wrote:Hello there ladies and gents, most of you know me as that dude whose posting up all those fancy guides for you. Well, we got something else now. And it's going to ran a bit of money! Really, three nations (Isileth, Messiah, and Seher Wachter) will be getting a total of 6 Million each (they were chosen because they're the only ones in SSX with a trade set). Because I currently have full slots and because it seems he has pending Tech Deals, Isileth will get his first aid shipment in 2 days. Now, this aid comes at a price, that you follow a guide on how to spend it all.

1) 5 days after you get your first aid shipment, collect taxes. Don't pay bills yet.
So business as usual for the first five days. Collect and pay bills normally?
2) Right after you collect, switch to Capitalism (unless you already have it as your government).
3) Now pay your bills and don't collect taxes for the next 15 days.
4) Don't forget to accept the second aid shipment (will arrive 10 days after the first one).
5) By now, you should all be "15 days inactive" in CN (as in, you haven't collected taxes for 15 days). Pay your bills and then pour all of the money you have into Infrastructure, but remember to keep some left over money so you can by soldiers to make sure you have at least 20% of your citizen count in soldiers and so that you can buy some land so your population density per mile isn't too high (you cab check this by seeing if your population density per mile isn't red in your "Private Nation Messages" on your "View My Nation" page).
5a) Isileth, do not go over 1000 Infra. Stop buying Infra once you get to 999.99 Infra.
6) After you've bought all that Infra, bit of land and troops, switch your government to Democracy (but if your people want Capitalism or a Republic, switch to those instead).
7) Buy some Improvements and enjoy your large boost!

If any of your three has some Tech Deals going on/pending, please tell me about them so I can post some more exactly guidelines for you.
I am in a temporarily suspended tech deal. It is a 3 slot deal cycling every 10 days. I will be resuming it as soon as possible. Any special instructions?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:47 am

Lavo
Isileth wrote:Aye this should put is in a position to be able to send aid from within the alliance in the future which should be a great help. Thanks for the support!
That's the idea. ;)
Messiah wrote:So business as usual for the first five days. Collect and pay bills normally?

I am in a temporarily suspended tech deal. It is a 3 slot deal cycling every 10 days. I will be resuming it as soon as possible. Any special instructions?
1) Nope. Don't pay bills. Just collect taxes, nothing else.
2) Make sure to send out the Tech as needed (and save cash as needed), and use the "profits" from the deal with the aid I'm sending you.

I also updated point 5a. All of you should read it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Messiah
Ok, I understand the procedure, but not really the reasoning. What happens to a nation that doesn't pay bills and what is the benefit? I know you can earn interest on uncollected taxes. Is there a benefit to inactivity, or is activity determined only by collection of taxes?

Where should I park my tax rate for this process?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Lavo
Messiah wrote:Ok, I understand the procedure, but not really the reasoning. What happens to a nation that doesn't pay bills and what is the benefit? I know you can earn interest on uncollected taxes. Is there a benefit to inactivity, or is activity determined only by collection of taxes?

Where should I park my tax rate for this process?
The benefit is you pay slightly less in bills on improvements with Capitalism then Democracy. It's not a large benefit, but it is still beneficial, and thus you should do it. As for a tax rate, it should probably be at 28%. Check the "Tax Rate" part of my guide which tells you how to figure out the best tax rate for you.

And Isileth, I apologize but your shipment will be a little late. My trades are still in the gutter, and I need to pay bills before aiding you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Isileth
Meh I just got attacked and thrown into Anarchy so be a few days till I can switch back.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Messiah
Collected taxes, switched to capitalism and paid bills.

Isileth, who attacked you? Had you not secured peace yet?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Isileth
Was someone outside the war raiding me, pretty pointless if you ask me. Was a tech raid and I had 30 tech. He stole 2.4 overall yet lost a bunch of soldiers and tanks. Cant see it being worth it.

Sent a pm to him however so should get peace.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:50 am

Kon
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Although I didn't have time to check the forums yesterday, I did see the war screen and PM'd Valhalla about it. I think it's all been resolved, as it seems he's declared peace now. Good to know you came out on top. :)
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:47 am

Lavo
You an update, do not spend the money until you are 16 days inactive (aka, 11 days after you get the second aid shipment). The reason is that I will be sending you all another 3 Mil when you are 15 days inactive (thus bringing up the total of cash per participant to 9 Mil).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 pm

Messiah
Got it, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:17 pm

Messiah
I am so excited! It is like waiting for Christmas! The rest of the aid should be coming today and then I can go shopping! 15 days seems like an eternity.

Lavo is Santa Claus.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:19 am

Lavo
Updated 5a. Messiah should be spending and then collecting tomorrow, Wachter once his trades are fixed (or is 18 days inactive). Wachter won't be able to buy as much Infra as the other two, but will collect a lot more taxes wise. Be sure to have your Tax Rate set to 28% as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Messiah
Wow, its fun to spend someone else's money. Thanks!

I've got my infrastructure to 999.99, military to 20%, plenty of land and a little tech. Built 3 schools, 2 banks, 2 universities, 1 foreign ministry, and 1 harbor. What is next. I used a jump calculator at Mrfixit, and it said I need $750k to make the jump to 1000? Can this be correct? It seems low. Is there another calculator I can use to confirm the results?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 pm

Isileth
Yeah I could also do with a little bit of clarification on the infra jump calculator.

The one I used came up showing I needed $3mil compared to the $1mil suggested.

*edit*

Never mind managed to grab Lavo on irc and clear a few things up.

What is next?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:12 pm

Messiah
Okay, I spent my very generous aid from Lavo (thanks a lot!), collected a bunch of taxes, spent that and made the infra jump to around 1300. I am collecting $375k/day after expenses.

I feel like I should start saving money for aid to the alliance and in case of future conflict. Should I beef up my military (when surrender temrs expire) and pay the maintenance? Should I keep growing infrastructure? Should I start selling tech again?

What is my next objective?

BTW Isileth, it cost me around 5 million to make the jump from 999.99 to 1300 (including military, land and improvement expenses). The calculator was way off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:02 pm

Isileth
Well I wasn't calculating any sort of land or improvement cost into it, and millitary is minimal cost with just soldiers.

But even then I should still have plenty to cover it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:43 pm

W11chter
I really botched it. :(
"Wenn der Herr die Stadt nicht bewacht, wacht der W11chter vergebens" (Psalm 127:1).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:01 am

Isileth
Ok just completed my jump and it went a lot better than expected.

Got to 1.6k infra and making 400k after bills

A big thanks to Lavo for the aid and an even bigger thanks for spending hours repeating your instructions till we finally understood what was going on :)

Return to “Cyber Nations”