A great kill tonight!

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

A great kill tonight!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 am

SSX-Killjoy
http://ssx.griefwatch.net/index.php?p=details&kill=132

Tonight was an interesting night in EVE. Earlier in the day the patching had been extended out until the early afternoon on the West Coast. As if that wasn't irritating enough, our nice section of W-space only had wormholes, and one of those connected to an occupied neighboring W-space. Any other day and that would have been the end of the story. It isn't safe to do much in an occupied W-space, and there wasn't much to do in ours.

However, upon the early evening login, I was contacted by Stracius that there was a huntable target next door and did I want to help in the hunt. I accepted, and not long after that Winbrian logged in. He also accepted the invitation to go hunting and we all saddled up in our battlecruisers and set out to see what we could get. Stracious and Winbrian had their Drakes, and I was running in my Hurricane. Hopefully we would be ready for anything.

We stage at the Sirius (our W-space location) wormhole connecting to the next door W-space and prepare. Strac informs us that an Abaddon (an Amarr Battleship, which is the next step above a Battlecruiser) is on the other side. We fearlessly agree to venture on, and so jump through the wh. We are presented with the target in front of us, and then we wait. 5........ 4...... 3........ 2....... 1.. Attack!

The assault begins with Winbrian and Stracius bombarding the battleship with heavy missles (Stracius using upgraded level 2 missles) and me scrambling the drive and engines of the ship so he can't run or move very fast, and then provided my own fire on the ship. Our combined firepower ate through the shields, armor and finally the hull of the battleship in a mere few minutes. Finally we were provided the reward we desired, a wrecked battleship hull.

Our first team kill! An impressive feat considering where we were two months ago.
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

Re: A great kill tonight!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:00 am

SSX-Killjoy
* The Fallout *

Shortly after the kill, a second Abaddon shows up and we begin the attack on it. However I myself had to disengage due to to taking damage to my armor during the first engagement, so I was not able to participate immediately. So the Abaddon focuses on Stracius' ship and unfortunately manages to get Strac low on shields before I can get back to help out. Even when I do return the Abaddon runs and eventually runs out of range of our warp scramblers; finally making his jump back to his POS (Player Owned Station) to recover.

Ozany logged in sometime during the battle with the first battleship and the second one, so we got him in on the fun as well. However, apparently we had made such an impression on those in the W-space that they wouldn't come out and challenge us. Oh sure they switched to some covert operation style ships, namely a Helios and Cheetah. The best part was getting to see Ozany's new Flycatcher in action. Even if we didn't get to use it to it's full potential.

Finally at the end, they came to us and begged us to leave their system. We obliged and have a do not enter policy on next door neighbor, although that policy expires when their wormhole goes pop. I wonder what will be in the next one...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Stracius
Nice summation there, and I didn't know about that site with the pics. Cool. They could use a better shot for the hurricane, but oh well.

The Abaddon was set up for pure DPS, and had no defensive capabilities whatsoever, which is why he went down so fast (and a poor setup at that, according to Oz). I suspect the second ship was similarly configured, as he was able to fry my shields completely and force me to retreat (props to the pilot for that, my ship's quite a decent shield tank). We might've been able to take him out too, but I foolishly forgot to swap my regular combat drones with ECM Jamming drones. Oh well, lessons learned.

All in all, it was a fun fight :)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:12 am

Ozany
I was looking around the killboard admin controls, and found a news article setup. So, I posted a little news blog per say about how are pilots are coming into their own and being involved in armed conflicts for their first time victoriously. I called it first blood, couldn't resist. Feel free to read and post comments if you desire. :thumb:
Ozany

P.S. I am not a writer, so if any wish to take over this job or just desires to send in potential articles, we can posibly setup a thread in here for posting and then I will just cut and paste it into the news columns.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:59 am

Stracius
News, not bad. It was so short that I almost didn't even notice it, heh. I also just now noticed the Awards section, and saw that Winbrian won "biggest griefer" of the month :lol: . I wonder how that award is determined... Oh well, way to go Win! (not that he checks the forums frequently)
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Ozany
Biggest griefer, from what I can tell, is determine by the killboard based on industrial and mining ship kills (I think). Anyways, it was short and to the point, like I said, I am not a writer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 am

SSX-Killjoy
That's cool about the news. I really should look around the admin on that site.. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:34 pm

SSX-Andy
Grats on the kill.

Haven't dabbled much in PvP yet myself, getting my manufacturing skills up at the moment. Me and my friend bought our own POS not long ago, so have to get that baby going to get the investment back.

Would be fun to venture into the low-sec areas soon. The ol' CNR is mainly collecting spacedust in the hangar at the moment.

Return to “EvE Online”