Epic Arcs

Moderators: EvE Moderators, Global Moderators

Epic Arcs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:52 am

Thunderbird
This is an interesting feature, though not much different from the typical storyline missions...though a LOT longer.

I just completed The Blood Stained Stars...which was 52 missions long (there were two branching points...it's possible other choices may change the length). I got no less than THREE new faction missions during the arc.

The arc started with a mission from my L2 agent, which was more like a L1 mission (and from what I've read, the mission is identical regardless of who it comes from). It contained a drop item that had a clue that lead to the arc. In the one I did, there was a note about needing access to all empires...which was quite accurate, as I found myself in all 4 empire areas during the missions (at least I had the Diplomacy skill, or I would have been fried by the Caldari). I don't know if that applies to all arcs.

There are no special rewards, or LP rewards. The ISK reward started at 100k per mission, though it steadily went up, with the last few missions at 250k per mission.

The agents used are for epic arcs only, and will not offer missions if you don't have a current offer from them. However, they are labeled as level 1 quality 0. You are able to get missions from each of the agents you are assigned to go to, even if your standings are below -2 with their faction (though in that case, they tend to give you the "we hate you" messages).

The difficulty of the arc I was started at L1 difficulty, though a couple were nasty (I saw a lot of help requests for Burning Down the Hive, which is one mission where some of the drones scram and web). The missions for each arc are fixed, and will always have the same systems...at least the encounter ones were (and they're all in the same system as the agent giving the mission).

(EDIT)Almost forgot to note: the offers do not expire, nor do the missions. Though there are bonus rewards that will expire. But you can take a break at any time during the arc and return to it when you're ready. I don't recommend doing this with an active mission, since who knows what downtime may do to it ;).

Re: Epic Arcs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Ozany
Thank you for the update. I have yet to do missions in the new expansion, too busy with the wormhole activities. EPIC sounds pretty cool. I know that I still have full access to empire, though not sure for how long with caldari and amarr since I can't run missions for them anymore hehe. Diplomacy 5 and they are at -2.03 with skills.

Keep up the Intel, let us know about any more EPICs you come across. :thumb:

Ozany

Re: Epic Arcs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:20 am

Thunderbird
You will be able to get missions from any agent you are sent to in the epic arc, regardless of standing. I'm at -3.3 with Caldari and -2.4 with Amarr, and was able to get and complete their missions (though the Caldari agent kept making comments about my poor standing, thus making me never see the complete mission, just the shorter version in the journal). The only issue one can run into would be if they are -5 or below, in which case they'd be KOS ;).

Return to “EvE Online”