2014 Game Releases

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: 2014 Game Releases

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:03 pm

M.Steiner
Final Fantasy III coming to Steam!
More details here.

Wasn't expecting any more steam releases besides 7 & 8 tbh so this is quite a nice surprise indeed. Hope there's more to come!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:18 pm

M.Steiner
As pointed out by BD on IRC a few moments ago:
Releasing later this year on November 18th/20th.
More info here.

Roll on E3 and the Ubisoft conference!
<censored> yeah :D

(The Division delayed to 2015 too)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:02 pm

SL33PY
that's what they said about watchdogs last year around this time, so who's willing to take this bet "it'll arrive end of may 2015"

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:41 pm

M.Steiner
Doubt it, have some hope!
They must be far enough along with this already and feel pretty confident to be announcing the date now I would say, and we already knew it was being developed. Probably trying to create some buzz around it in the lead up to E3 where we'll get to see and hear lots more. Watch Dogs will already be out by then, The Division is now scheduled for next year (which I was kinda expecting anyway, same with MGSV even though they're both on my list) so it's gonna be Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 4 this year.

Incidentally, Watch Dogs went gold yesterday so no more delays lol :p

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:47 am

SL33PY
I got this akward feeling that they are milking Far Cry, since when did they switch to yearly releases?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:22 pm

M.Steiner
It has actually been 2 years since FC3 was released but yeah, I wouldn't like to see them milk the series either :)
If Watch Dogs is successful for them (and it is has already become the most pre-ordered new IP for them and the second highest pre-ordered game in Ubi history apparently), I do think we'll be seeing a lot more WD games. Maybe not quite as often as they turn out Assassin's Creed every year but often enough. BD is of the opinion that they'll probably alternate between Watch Dogs and The Division. He's already been bang on with a 2014 release for FC4 and The Division being delayed into next so he could be right.

Looking forward to seeing FC4 at E3 anyhow. If they're aiming for Nov I'd expect a stage demo but I'd be happy with a gameplay trailer instead if not.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:07 pm

M.Steiner
One week today and we can finally play Watch Dogs! So excite :D
IGN will be streaming the game for an hour on Thursday btw.

When do you think the Ubi store will start processing our orders, Sl33py?. Been a while since I ordered anything from them.
Anny decide to order from the Ubi store as well btw? Or get the deluxe I linked you to on GMG for the same price as the standard edition from Amazon? :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'm currently still getting the standard from Amazon, because I tend to trust Amazon more than other places. Not completely made my mind up yet though, so we'll see what I end up with!

Definitely looking forward to the game either way! :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:04 am

SL33PY
6 moar days :thumb:

I haven't heard anything of ubisoft yet so I'm just waiting. It all depends on the shipment location I guess. Since I ordered it trough their webshop... in my own language (kind of) I expect them to send the package to Europe before sending it to my home. So it's possible that the items are all in stock and ready to be shipped.

At least, that's how I would do it if I would have to release the most anticipated new ip ever :D

dual gtx760 + two full hd monitors + dedsec + season pass + clothes from the ubi store (hoody, mask and cap) = total emergance \o/

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I'm currently still getting the standard from Amazon, because I tend to trust Amazon more than other places. Not completely made my mind up yet though, so we'll see what I end up with!
If you're unsure about buying from GMG I could always buy the digital deluxe for you and PM you the Uplay code(s) come release?. I'd offer with the Uplay exclusive edition too but since that's physical it won't be as easy as giving you a code to register heh. (To cover the cost you could gift me some things on my steam wishlist, paypal, PSN voucher, WildStar game card etc. Whatever you want.)

£36 for the digital deluxe (with the 20% off voucher from GMG) which gets you the game plus all 3 mission packs you get with the Dedsec edition (Palace, Signature Shot & Breakthrough packs), as well as the outfit packs for Club Justice, White Hat & Blume Agent.
The £35 standard on Amazon UK won't have any of those missions and they're not offering any pre-order promotions on Watch Dogs either (it's not listed amongst their other pre-order offers anyway) so that'll come with nothing but the game itself going by that. Amazon US on the other hand has the signature shot mission as a pre-order bonus but only for digital on PC, not physical.

Anyway, gimme a yell if you need mate. Whilst you'd be getting digital over physical with that edition there's a lot of extra content there for the difference of just £1 :)
I wouldn't worry about GMG though. Outside of the big sales I buy from GMG far more than I do with Steam directly and have even traded in some console games with them too a couple of times. Always been great and their prices are usually the best around :thumb:
SL33PY wrote:dual gtx760 + two full hd monitors + dedsec + season pass + clothes from the ubi store (hoody, mask and cap) = total emergance \o/
:D

No movement on my Uplay exclusive edition just yet but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Hoping they dispatch it in enough time to make sure it gets here for release, as I don't think we'll be receiving any mail on the monday either.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:00 pm

M.Steiner
Dear M.Steiner,

Thank you for ordering from Ubisoft on 31 March 2014. The following product(s) have shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product Name: Watch_Dogs - Uplay Exclusive Edition
Qty Ordered: 1
Qty Shipped: 1
Speak of the devil!
weeee :D

(UPS tracking link isn't live yet so I can't see where it's coming from just yet)

Also:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Also:
Already confirmed as GOTY!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:12 pm

M.Steiner
Hey Anny, didn't realise when I made the post above (offering to get the digital deluxe on GMG for you) but Amazon UK have it as well actually. It is a few quid more though. - £39.99 as opposed to £36 from GMG. Still, just a fiver more than standard for the extra stuff if you're not cool with GMG. My offer is still there though :thumb:
Anubis wrote:Already confirmed as GOTY!
What about our beloved Watch Dogs?! :p
Does look sick though I'll agree!. Wasn't so fond of Arkham Origins so glad that this one is back in the hands of Rocksteady. Can't wait.

My projected GOTY has changed quite a bit since the beginning of the year what with The Witcher 3 and The Division being delayed. I also don't see us getting MGSV or Mirror's Edge 2 this year either unfortunately and they would have been strong contenders for GOTY too. For me at least.

I expect my list to look something like:
- Watch Dogs
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Far Cry 4
- Assassin's Creed Unity
- WildStar

Followed by South Park (and Transistor/The Evil Within/Batman/Driveclub/Destiny etc etc may come into the above too depending how those turn out).
Still lots of games to look forward to this year despite the delays. Watch Dogs is still my most anticipated (since TW3 was moved), no doubt about that!.
5 days to go. Tracking info still not live though....

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Hey Anny, didn't realise when I made the post above (offering to get the digital deluxe on GMG for you) but Amazon UK have it as well actually. It is a few quid more though. - £39.99 as opposed to £36 from GMG. Still, just a fiver more than standard for the extra stuff if you're not cool with GMG. My offer is still there though :thumb:
Argh. No idea how I missed that. Thanks for the link mate! Absolutely despise not having a boxed copy though, so I'll have to mull it over - tis why I haven't taken you up on your offer too (<3 for making it though).

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:34 pm

M.Steiner
No probs mate :)
Not sure how I managed to miss it either tbh lol.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:59 am

SL33PY
my watch dogs order is now "Being processed"... excitement levels building :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:52 am

M.Steiner
Not long now! :D

I'm slighty worried atm though. My order was supposed to have been dispatched on Wed (as quoted above) but the UPS tracking link I was given in the e-mail still doesn't seem to be working. Do UPS not have the parcel yet??
>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.
Yet I received a UPS tracking link for something else I'd ordered earlier this week and the link I got with that was working straight away and giving me updates. Was dispatched from Germany and arrived in the UK yesterday. I should get it today...
hmm. Just want Watch Dogs here for Tue. Gonna be really <censored> annoyed if it isn't.

Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:15 am

SoulSeeker
http://www.twitch.tv/sseawolf streaming watchdogs on twitch gfx look good :)

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:20 am

M.Steiner
Is this your stream or just one you've found? ^^
Watching some now either way! :)

Watched a couple of live streams yesterday evening from Gamespot and IGN. The GS guy was painful to watch at times as he must've attempted this ctOS place at least 3 times, kept getting owned lol. The IGN guys were a lot of fun though and knew the mechanics well. I'll have a look and see if there's a working archive link for it so you guys can check it out too. Will report back soon....

[Edit]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJuLJqvVxLk
http://www.twitch.tv/ignlive/b/531144600

Though neither seem to have saved all of it for some reason oO

:lol:

[Edit: I have split the last few Watch Dogs posts off (including my impressions of it) and created a thread for it here instead.]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:09 pm

M.Steiner
Annnd another game has been delayed into 2015 :(
This time it's Arkham Knight.

Why announce the game so soon with a release date and then delay just a couple months later? Jesus.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Annnd another game has been delayed into 2015 :(
This time it's Arkham Knight.

Why announce the game so soon with a release date and then delay just a couple months later? Jesus.
Boooooo.

At least GOTY 2015 is already confirmed though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:24 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:At least GOTY 2015 is already confirmed though.
The Witcher 3 and MGSV are already way up front for me and who knows what else we'll be getting next year :p

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:42 pm

M.Steiner
Such a massive improvement in some areas. Looks incredible :D

Going to pre-order the PS4 version and trade-in my PS3 copy methinks, since I reckon I'll get a better mix of performance and graphics on my PS4 than I will on my PC now. More so if the PC version is anywhere near as demanding as GTA IV was on PC. Plus Watch Dogs didn't run too hot for me either if I'm honest...
@BlackDove • My GPU barely run the game on medium
Will triple-dip with the PC version during a steam sale as well if I'm still able to upgrade next year but will have to see on that. As such I'll probably end up getting a couple other multiplatform games for PS4 too. I can probably get away with FC4 on PC since 3 ran quite well for me but my PC struggled with Black Flag at times and I don't like my chances with AC Unity. Not looking like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:47 am

Kon
I had no idea Far Cry 4 was dropping so soon. I saw the trailer at E3 and just assumed it was set for 2015. Then again, I also thought Far Cry 3 was a lot more recent than it is. :lol:

The trailer and the villain seemed more interesting than the last game, but I've always been on the fence with Far Cry. I think I'd rather just keep playing Just Cause 2 and wait for Mad Max.

My most-anticipated of 2014 is still Dreamfall Chapters, which we recently learned has now entered beta. Hopefully this means they can stick to their November target date. The first batch of finished Kickstarter projects we've seen have been somewhat of a mixed bag, but I do believe that Ragnar Thornquist and the team will deliver a compelling, if somewhat short, experience.

I've stayed away from this video myself as I don't want any spoilers until release, but here's a presentation featuring the first 8-9 minutes of the game and a developer Q&A.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:18 am

SL33PY
I have steered clear of it for quiet some time... but dragon age inquisition is positioning itself more and more right up my radar. I think I'll have no choice but to put in hundreds of gaming hours into it :)

Return to “General Discussions”