Desktop Thread 2011

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Desktop Thread 2011

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Mechanus wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Mechanus wrote:So here's my new desktop for my new machine:
Where is the Taskbar? The lack of any stable foundation to the desktop makes me fear for the future. Or for the past. Or for my personal future relying heavily on the past. Seriously though, looks good :)
I have my taskbar set to auto-hide so it keeps the desktop clean like you see it above. I've been using auto-hide ever since I can remember. If you look at my other desktop pic you'll see the same thing.
I honestly think that if I did not have my taskbar, I would rage and/or go mad. Too big a staple of the PC for me to abandon it - but each to their own :)

Also, I forgot that I hadn't yet posted up a pic of my Windows 7 desktop - since I ultimately decided against emulating XP for now. Not much different to my XP one though!

"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Whizbang
Anubis wrote: I honestly think that if I did not have my taskbar, I would rage and/or go mad. Too big a staple of the PC for me to abandon it - but each to their own :)
You do know that when you move your cursor down to the bottom of the screen the auto-hide taskbar pops up, rignt? :p
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:17 am

Stracius
Mechanus wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Mechanus wrote:So here's my new desktop for my new machine:
Where is the Taskbar? The lack of any stable foundation to the desktop makes me fear for the future. Or for the past. Or for my personal future relying heavily on the past. Seriously though, looks good :)
I have my taskbar set to auto-hide so it keeps the desktop clean like you see it above. I've been using auto-hide ever since I can remember. If you look at my other desktop pic you'll see the same thing.
^

If I'm not using it, it's wasting time or space - I'm not a fan of clutter. Alt+tab works great to access the various programs that I'm running, for the rest the cursor can be quickly moved down to the bottom of my screen to bring up the taskbar from its hiding spot. That way I don't see the toe-thumb on my monitor until I feel like revealing it to switch between windows. Hell, after moving to win7 I've found I can alt+tab & use the cursor to quickly select a program without having to use that abomination popping up from the bottom/side of my screen. It's been a slow yet steady progress of weaning myself from using the taskbar at all; especially so when I'm running programs that only show up in the system tray rather than the bar (i.e. Teamspeak RC2).
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:59 pm

M.Steiner
Love your new desktop Mech. Much sleeker than your old one if you don't mind me saying. :thumb:

I've changed mine again since :p
(Clicky)
I usually leave my taskbar visible but I have Rainlendar set to auto-hide. Just have to mouse over it for it to appear.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “General Discussions”