Anyone else watching televised crack? (Lost)

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Anyone else watching televised crack? (Lost)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:21 am

Reaps
Just saw the season 2 premiere, wondering if anyone else is keeping up with what is probably the best thing to be shown on tv in the history of the universe. Anyone watching this?
Still here

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:04 pm

Inquisitor
Just my wife.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:48 pm

winbrian
I watched a few... boring ^^

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:38 pm

SSX-Biggie
Reaps you know I loves ya, but Lost this season is awful and frustrating. The first episode of this 2nd season was ok, but the second episode was the SAME damn thing as the FIRST episode, shot with different camera angles; NO PROGRESSION IN THE STORY!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was SO frustrated (in case you couldn't tell).

Desperate Housewives, on the other hand, is DEFINITELY worth watching!

MILFland = Wisteria Lane.

-bigs
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:54 pm

Reaps
lost is definitely frustrating, but you can't expect all the answers from the first two episodes of a 22 episode run. it's unfolding well - im liking all the subplots, and its too late to get away from anyway.

At least prison break will only have a one season run... i hope. That show can cause anxiety problems at the end of an episode :(
Still here

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:58 pm

Kon
I <3 Prison Break! Lost puts me to sleep. Desperate Housewives is like a primetime soap opera, which just should never, ever, ever happen!
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:22 pm

SSX-Biggie
Kahn wrote:Desperate Housewives is like a primetime soap opera, which just should never, ever, ever happen!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

DH RULES!

I'll be giving Lost another chance this week, if it doesn't pique my interest by then, it never will.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:25 am

BlackDove
Didn't give Lost a chance, looked boring to me though.

Seen whole first season of DH, and the first epi of second season, second I've yet to see, third airs next Sunday heh.

DH is really really good, as far as storytelling ability goes, and it's rather interesting, managed to wheel me back in with the start of this second season, and it really needed to because I almost couldn't be arsed to see it.

Powerful really. Also, the fact that Eva is so god damn hot helps alot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:27 am

SSX-Biggie
BlackDove wrote:Didn't give Lost a chance, looked boring to me though.

Seen whole first season of DH, and the first epi of second season, second I've yet to see, third airs next Sunday heh.

DH is really really good, as far as storytelling ability goes, and it's rather interesting, managed to wheel me back in with the start of this second season, and it really needed to because I almost couldn't be arsed to see it.

Powerful really. Also, the fact that Eva is so god damn hot helps alot.
Gotta agree with BD fully on this one.

I'm more of a Teri Hatcher fan myself... that MILFy awkwardness is sexy.

Lost is getting its final shot tonight with me. I'll let you know if I'll still be watching or not.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:38 pm

BlackDove
Hatcher was more than fine when she was young, but too old for my tastes I'm afraid.

The daughter though. Always an eye pleaser, and I'll keep it at that since she's only 15 years old.

Eva is what carries the show for me though... visually speaking.

Though none of it would work if not for the story, and the way it is told, its pace even. Cherry knows his stuff. Rather impressive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:42 pm

Reaps
Desparate housewives isn't very good imo.. its just not very clever. high production values and hot women can't hide that.

lost is definitely keeping me guessing, and its definitely clever. It also looks fantastic. That said, im more concerned with whats going to happen to phillip schofield in Prison break than whats going to happen to Jin in lost. Prison break is fantastic...

new lost episode tonight though :D

p.s I'm not disparaging Desparate housewives, im sure it has some sort of appeal, i just don't see it. Not saying its a bad show - visually its fantastic. high production values can really help a weaker storyline.
Still here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:15 pm

SSX-Hawk
my mom and sister are obsessed with Lost. me on the other hand, gotta go with Desperate Housewives. unfortunately i've only seen the very first episode of the first season :( but that was enough to get me hooked :thumb:
In exile a home has been found.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:16 pm

BlackDove
Reaps wrote:high production values can really help a weaker storyline.
Storyline's pretty good, and mildly complex. Fact you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

But then again, these things aren't for everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:41 pm

Ozone
Mmmm. Well, in UK land Lost is still in first season and I'm diggin it. Still trying to figure out whats the scoop though. Seems all these individual stories have majorly good and bad parts (e.g. The Iraqui soldier who killed prisoners but let the girl get away for love). So, here's my scoop - I reckon they didn't survive the crash and they're in purgatory awaiting assignment to above or below. Also suits the polar bear as animals go to Purgatory.

Or, more simply, they could be stuck on an island that used to be a government experiment base.

And, um, yeah, my vote is DEFINITELY with Terri Hatcher (then again, I'm old).
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Reaps
Ozone wrote:Mmmm. Well, in UK land Lost is still in first season and I'm diggin it. Still trying to figure out whats the scoop though. Seems all these individual stories have majorly good and bad parts (e.g. The Iraqui soldier who killed prisoners but let the girl get away for love). So, here's my scoop - I reckon they didn't survive the crash and they're in purgatory awaiting assignment to above or below. Also suits the polar bear as animals go to Purgatory.

Or, more simply, they could be stuck on an island that used to be a government experiment base.

And, um, yeah, my vote is DEFINITELY with Terri Hatcher (then again, I'm old).
Lost's writer came out a while ago and said its none of the obvious things - they aren't in purgatory and there aren't any dinosaurs.

as for Desperate housewives, i wasn't saying its plot was weak, i was making a more general point. I saw the first episode and it really didn't grip me. It seemed like a soap opera plus a little bit more. 24 was the same - really didn't grip me. lost did, prison break did, the west wing did. Its the sign of a good show if it can grab you in the first episode. It also depends on the person though and i reckon im just not the sort of person desperate housewives is aimed at :)
Still here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:10 pm

Ozone
No, wasn't being critical at all. I LOVED Sin City, most of my buds thought it blew. Like DH due to all the murder plot twists and speculation (what child's bones were in the box? Oooohhhhh), lost just has me curious. Guess thats my thing. Bit of mystery with some red herrings and I'm in.

But, to veer off the point, possibly the greatest TV epic EVER was the first 4 seasons of Babylon 5.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:37 pm

Reaps
never watched that. i'm currently working my way through the firefly dvd with a mate, and its really good - a wild west/space epic series. reminds me kinda of heinleins early futurehistory series universe. a slightly lawless space beyond the reaches of earth
Still here

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:29 pm

Ozone
Firefly series is brilliant!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:25 pm

BlackDove
I am so resisiting another 5 hour a day timesink in order to see that...

Must resist some more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:50 pm

Reaps
BlackDove wrote:I am so resisiting another 5 hour a day timesink in order to see that...

Must resist some more.
Theres only 14 episodes - the first is 2 hours the rest are 45 minutes, so it's not a big commitment. I'm just watching through so i can enjoy serenity slightly more. that said, the movie is apparently stand-alone.
Still here

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:41 am

SSX-Biggie
Just watched last episode of Lost on my DVR. I'm giving it up. Too frustrating. :(
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:07 pm

Reaps
that was a weak episode, didn't move too much forward, didn't raise too many new questions, nor did it explain much that we didn't already know. Still, i'm in, and i'm not giving up after one unsatisfying episode. Better TV tonight anyway, Champs League! Arsenal vs Sparta Prague :D
Still here

Return to “General Discussions”