Worried

Moderator: Global Moderators

Worried

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:44 am

Eolas
This is not a flaming or accusing thread but a genuine note of concern. Guys i have to admit that lately I have been worried by some of the things I am seeing in the guild:

1. People 'abusing' others or getting 'abused' over loot.

This has been now well addressed by the mods.

2. Tempers flying during raids due to whipes and classes being publicly told off.

Only Raid Leaders should to this imho and this only to the Class Leader or Member leading the Class during the raid. The latter should then address this with his/her fellow class members in channel chat or individual whispers.

3. Members selectively being online to attend certain instances (BWL, MC) but not so when AQ40 is on leading to lack of raid progress.

Here I am not referring to those who are excused because of IRL commitments (such as work or family) but to those who knowingly decide not to log when AQ40 is on. Afaik SSX is not a raiding guild either. I look forward to seeing Naxxrammas but not at the expense of the friendly guild spirit.

5. Members leaving one guild PVP raid for another.

6. Tempers flying in the forum (see "Some thoughts" thread)

7. People leaving the guild.

I am not questioning their motives or criticising their decision - just stating a fact. Neither am I referring to those who took a break or moved to other games.

8. Members ignored in guild chat (e.g. Hi's, NN, questions, etc. go unacknowledged)

Now I know that the old/new mods and CLs love the guild, are committed and do a lot of work for all us members and they should be commended and most of all supported in all they do. After all they are doing it in their free time when they are after all playing a game not a job. Mods I know that these issues (and probably others I am not aware of) are worrying you too and I implore you to continue addressing them, as I know you have with the loot issue. The above issues are definitely not your fault directly or indirectly - rather they are due to attitudes and gaming principles of some members that need to be challenged and addressed. Please do not take this as criticism - I understand that things are easier said than done.

I (and I encourage all other members to do likewise) went over the SSX principles again http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... .php?t=875 and http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/forums ... php?t=1551 and I reminded myself what the guild I am part of stands for - mainly friendship and enjoying the game together (in a nutshell). This read helps puts matters more into perspective and all of us should be asking "Is this the guild I want to be part of?"

If the answer is in the affirmative then let us check our attitudes and be more respectful and friendly to other members, pull our socks up and move ahead. Being in this guild is not only about WoW or gaming but also reflects who you are and what you stand for as a person.

I did not post this in anger or resentment towards anyone in particular - I am just worried that the guild I have grown so fond of during the past 7 months or so is not at all in good health lately. Having said that, most members are pleasant, friendly and helpful. Finally, I excuse myself for the length of this post.
"Do unto others what you have them do to you" - Jesus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:18 am

Dodotorpedo
We're constantly looking at problems like this and trying to find solutions, the main problem is is that it's hard to conjure something up that works and doesn't give any negative side effects.
This read helps puts matters more into perspective and all of us should be asking "Is this the guild I want to be part of?"
It would be nice if people did this, the way WoW end-game is designed isn't very good for relationships between people and maybe this will make people rethink their past actions and use it to improve for the future.

This thread delivers :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:34 am

Drongnel
I totally agree with what Eolas has said here but atm for me at least it's too hot to sit in front of the pc all night, i'm spending the eve's out with my gf (and actually outside for once, i even have the beggining of a tan, turns out i'm not a vampire after all) then once it's cooled down a bit (ie about 22:00 game time) then lv'ling her main & my alt (actually nice to do something a bit different, i mean i really love my hunter but after a year it stops being a challenge except AQ40 which i do love & do want to do more of, but mage gagnome's pwn too and it's actually fun lvl'lling) ;D , now i don't know for how many other people the heat is being a serious issue but trying to play at 20:00 game time atm i feel i'm gonna pass out on my keyboard. hopefully when the heat eases off we will find more people online again.

(edited cause my spelling is pants)
Last edited by Drongnel on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I Thought what i'd do is i'd pretend to be one of those deaf-mutes'

Drongnel 60 Dorf hunter (Miner/Engineer)
Ank 38 Gnome mage (Engineer/Tailor)
Dinkl 38 Gnome rogue (Skinner/Leatherworker)
Tamburlaine 22 Dorf Pally (Miner/Blacksmith)
Fayed 20 Nelf Drood (Enchanter/Skinner)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:00 pm

Arche
I think this has left a bitter taste in all our mouths. Actions against people who blatently go accusing people should be made.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:36 am

QuantumDelta
unless there has been more people leaving then those announced on the forums, I actually think SSX has one of the lowest "membership turnovers" on outland/bladefist.
"Then, to hide their frailty, they hurt those who are kind.
I whisper farewell to this ugly world and dance nimbly with brilliant wings of red."

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”