We got a youtube & twitch channel

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

We got a youtube & twitch channel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:09 pm

SL33PY
Go figure, all of a sudden, poof we got one. Only thing we need now is content.

So I'm looking for us as a group to make some vids about the little things and the big things alike.

We have this quarterly update with anime that you guys want to watch, why not make it a small review video and dump it on youtube. All you need is your scrappy laptop cam, 20 minutes of your time and some bandwidth to upload the result.

I hear that nowadays you can record your gaming trough nVidia tools directly without overhead :nervous: how awesome is that?!

So think about the topics that you could, would and want to bring and we'll start posting some of our own stuff on our youtube channel.

Next to our community's premium content we'll link our youtube channel to other interesting channels of the games that we are looking forward too, or are currently playing.

Edit 1: When back on in Eve-O (I hear the war drums will soon sound again) I'll be posting some fleet vids to keep the masses and you entertained (I too have nVidia cards, so it should be damn easy to make some vids to pump out to youtube)

Edit 2: M-S I'll need some overlays to cover up some parts of my screen since some info on it must stay secret... it's how EveO is :)

Edit 3: Added Twitch into the title so we can keep both of those under the one thread! - MS

Re: We got a youtube channel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:48 pm

M.Steiner
My digital copy of Driveclub will unlock on Friday so I'm planning to record a few races with that if I can, then try and upload them overnight one day. Once I've had a few trial runs to get to grips with it ofc!
I'll look into recording some of my PC gameplay at some point in the near future too. Filesizes will be much larger due to the resolution & settings I run at on PC which would in turn be harder on my internet connection, so I'll start with the PS4 sharing for the time being and see how I go with that. I lack any video editing software too and haven't used any in years so I'd have to figure all of that out once I aquired some as well.

and yep, Nvidia have ShadowPlay which is available through their GeForce Experience app. Tis pretty sweet. (Must have a 600 series card or above iirc)

(Also, got a screenshot example of one of these overlays SL33PY? and a size?)

[Edit: Oh. One last thing!. Our youtube url is currently https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf91c2 ... -vM8k778AA, we can however change that to a custom one if we want. /shatteredstarexiles? /shatteredstargaming?. any other suggestions?. Once you make a custom url you can't change it apparantly so...]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:26 pm

SL33PY
to start we need some google code on our homepage so we can have a custom url for the g+ page

Next to that we need to see if "ShatteredStarExiles" is still available as youtube channel shortlink if not we'll have to be a bit creative (as with twitter)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:to start we need some google code on our homepage so we can have a custom url for the g+ page

Next to that we need to see if "ShatteredStarExiles" is still available as youtube channel shortlink if not we'll have to be a bit creative (as with twitter)
Send me the code and I can do that for you.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:45 pm

SL33PY
i sent it to anubis@shatteredstar.org earlier today

btw the overlay thingy check eve online video's all over youtube

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Oh, didn't realise it was that code! I'll take care of that alongside the social icons next week :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:30 am

SL33PY
I also need one of you to connect our twitter account to our fb page (check google for how to's) my facebook is connected to my own twitter and it doesn't let me do it :smack:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:38 am

M.Steiner
Our YouTube channel has its first video! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:53 am

SL33PY
great work!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:47 am

M.Steiner
I'll see if I can get another vid uploaded later on today sometime!
Still had to wait until nobody was using the net here before I could upload but the filesizes are much, much friendly coming off of the PS4 due to them saving as 720p. As that 3 minute PS4 vid had a smaller filesize than ShadowPlay pumped out for a 40 second clip of ultra 1080p (and downsampled) gameplay from PC heh. (Will still try PC as well sometime but yeah, PS4 will be doable at least :))

It's a great looking game as well, that's for sure. It's a little hard to get decent pictures from it when you're in the middle of a race (and photo mode hasn't been patched in just yet) but I'll see if I can share some pics later as well - both here and through our Twitter page.
(I'll have a see about a video overlay for you later too SL33PY. Will keep ya posted :thumb:)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:54 pm

M.Steiner
Second vid :)

Question for you Anny. If I use the "embed" feature on YouTube will dumping the code from that on the main site news system make them show up on our front page as well? Might do that later as well if so!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
Second vid :)

Question for you Anny. If I use the "embed" feature on YouTube will dumping the code from that on the main site news system make them show up on our front page as well? Might do that later as well if so!
Should do dude! Pretty sure it'll work :)

And a huge thumbs up for the vids!

Re: We got a youtube & twitch channel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:15 pm

M.Steiner
And yep the embed code works, just did a quick test. I can easily edit the video size to 1078x607 to nicely fit that middle content area too which is nice :)
I noticed earlier today that the vids I have been uploading all have a black border around them and that the image wasn't filling the entire screen like intended. A little odd since it doesn't look like that on my TV and I've never encountered it with shared content from other games before, as such I didn't pick up on it until after the fact. I've had a fiddle about with the display area under settings though so the issue should be fixed for any future vids I upload.
When I come to record and upload my next vid I'll stick that up on the main page in a news post too :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:08 am

M.Steiner
Latest vid and with fixed display area:
Using my Shattered Star paint job and emblem! (A proper vid of that will be coming next - when their online systems aren't messing about) [Edit: Vid added as promised. Badge design has been tweaked slightly.)

SL33PY - Anny has linked Twitter to our existing Facebook profile too so no need to go making another one dude. When I uploaded this vid YouTube automatically shared it to Google+, tweeted it for me and then Twitter shared it to Facebook. Automatically shared across all of our sites just from pressing "publish". Very clever!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:29 pm

SL33PY
urm, I made john smith, he linked his fb account to twitter yesterday :)
M.Steiner wrote: SL33PY - Anny has linked Twitter to our existing Facebook profile too so no need to go making another one dude. When I uploaded this vid YouTube automatically shared it to Google+, tweeted it for me and then Twitter shared it to Facebook. Automatically shared across all of our sites just from pressing "publish". Very clever!
That was my outset from the start :) If you want to be noticed nowadays you need to let the whole world know trough as many services as possible.

Also did my first broadcast on twitch yesterday, the vid quality is meh on live stream, but it also records locally and that's full hd qual and I can get it to upload to youtube without a hitch twitch also notifies the world on twitter etc that there is a broadcast which is nice too

I seem to be able to add more people to the twitch broadcast roster, so if anyone feels up to the task and provide our channel with some more content, that'd be great and I'll give you the necessary access rights

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:10 pm

M.Steiner
New Twitch overlay for you, SL33PY (and anyone else who decides to make use of it)
StreamOverlayNewFull.jpg
StreamOverlayNewFull.jpg (784.07 KiB) Viewed 18269 times

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 pm

M.Steiner
New video!
Will be putting another one up shortly so keep your eye out. I'll edit it in when it's up ;)
[Edit: Added]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:32 am

M.Steiner
I've got another vid like this ready to go up as well but it may have to wait a day or so since this one has just taken me around 7½ hrs to upload. Longer if you count the processing time... Not to worry though!, hope you guys enjoy :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:11 am

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:
I've got another vid like this ready to go up as well but it may have to wait a day or so since this one has just taken me around 7½ hrs to upload. Longer if you count the processing time... Not to worry though!, hope you guys enjoy :)
Niiiiiice! That is an amazing video mate :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:42 pm

M.Steiner
Glad it was worth the upload then! :D. I attached the wrong thumbnail image to the vid originally (meant for the second vid) but changed it over as soon as I noticed. The embedded vid over on Twitter still seems to be showing the old thumbnail though for some reason, whereas everywhere else appears to have updated. Seems to have been posted twice to Facebook (maybe when I edited the vid) so sorry if that spammed any of you. Twitter might just take a little longer to sync up I guess but not to worry.
The second vid is even better btw so stay tuned for that. Hoping to leave that uploading either overnight tonight or sometime tomorrow but here's another Driveclub vid for the time being! :)
(Video is processing atm but shouldn't take long)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:17 am

SL33PY
I had another small eve o session on twitch yesterday, small roam, we went after some MOA(the alliance or corp-) in a Moa fleet (ship type) and got some kills :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:31 am

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:I had another small eve o session on twitch yesterday, small roam, we went after some MOA(the alliance or corp-) in a Moa fleet (ship type) and got some kills :thumb:
Missed your stream as we had guests at the time but I see it has been added to the past broadcasts archive. Will be sure to tune in next time ;)

Also, my second (edit: and third) Lords of the Fallen vid as promised:
Spent yesterday late evening making an intro for it as well!, of which I had to follow a tutorial as I didn't know wtf I was doing haha. Wanted to do something a little flashier with particle effects initially (and tried following a tutorial for that first) but kept getting lost so... managed to do this one instead. Hope it turned out ok. Does the sound work with it ok too? or maybe better without? I erm, borrowed it from Black Flag heh. Thinking I may attach this intro to all of my future vids :)
Got a third LOTF vid ready and coming soon™ btw :thumb: [Edit: Added. The HD versions should pop up soon]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:53 am

M.Steiner
:)

Return to “General Discussions”