As you will all be aware by now BioWare recently started opening up transfers from select lower-population "origin" servers to new "destination" servers in order to help populate the servers and give players a chance to play on a more active one.
As of last night Bloodworthy has now become one of 20 EU-PvP origin servers open to transfers to Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Players are now free to transfer from Bloodworthy over to ToFN free of charge.
Rather than making us a destination server which would have helped our population by bringing new folk in, by becoming an origin server they've only made matters worse for us as our population will only get lower. That is, unless, they merge servers like ours once they have finished with the transfer process however we cannot guarantee this.
Do we stay put regardless?. Our server could be pretty much dead within the next day or two if too many players leave. Those of us who pvp or join random flashpoints will find it much harder (or even impossible) to find groups and join warzone queues.
Wait and see how things go?. It's a fact that our population WILL drop even further from this. We could wait and see by how much but we run the risk of missing our opportunity to transfer by doing this. There's also the hope that BioWare may later merge our server with another one once the transfers are over so that servers like ours haven't been permanently left worse off than they were before. We cannot guarantee this though as they haven't announced future plans.
Do we leave for Tomb of Freedon Nadd?. If we transfer even for guilds it is a manual process. There is no automatic procedure in place for migrating guilds which means we would have to disband our guild on Bloodworthy and have each of us manually transfer ourselves over and then reform our guild from scratch. Character & Legacy names may also be taken in which case those affected would have to rename themselves.
I am not sure how long these transfers will be open for so I think it best that we make a decision very soon. I don't know if they will give us an end date to transfer by or whether they will take it upon themselves to disable transfers to select destination servers when they reach a certain limit, in which case I wouldn't want to risk us leaving it too long to decide, starting to move over and then BioWare to close transfers mid-way through our migration splitting us up even further.
What does everyone think?
Please see the forums asap!