Neocron - Class Reunion

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Neocron - Class Reunion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:47 pm

SSX-Biggie
It's been a LONG time since I've been on here but I've recently been reminiscing about Neocron and started missing you guys.
Are there any old-timer former Neocron players about?

I used to be known as Notorious BIG, Notorious MIG, comic relief and Riceboy Kabayan in my Neocron days.

Now I am almost exclusively on PSN (playing Call of Duty still) as CuddlyBunny (I stream my attempts on YouTube under the same name).

Where are you guys these days?
BlackDove wrote:You see this is what happens when you give drugs to Bigs.
He starts to love you.

Re: Neocron - Class Reunion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:29 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Biggie!!! AWESOME to hear from you! (Lordanubis here from NC2)

I go through phases too of reminiscing about NC - had one middle of last year, and was wondering where you were these days (a few of the others too like Gryph). I miss those times, just the few of us running around Terra. We had a great spell there for a while :D

There's still a good few of us around from the NC days - MS, BD, Kon, Rah, QD from time to time. We mostly hang out in our Discord these days rather than be as active on the forums as we used to be though - if Discord is your thing, feel free to swing by. Would be great to see you there :)

From my side, I'm mainly an RPG gamer these days. Just finished Cyberpunk, and doing some old JRPG classics at the moment. Sunk a LOT of time into Final Fantasy XIV the last few years though, so the MMO kick is still there when I find the right game!

Hope all is good for you at your end?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:39 pm

BlackDove
WHAT UP MAH DOODIE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:21 pm

M.Steiner
Biggie! Damn, that's a blast from the past! :D
(MS/Maester Seymour here)

As Anny says there are quite a few of the NC gang still around actually. You can find BlackDove, QuantumDelta, SL33PY, Kon (Kahn), Anny & myself on Discord most days of the week. SirRah pops in frequently too (just been on today even) and we see SoulSeeker every so often as well. Feel free to drop by there too sometime if you fancy it, you're more than welcome! :thumb:

Some of my fondest gaming memories would still be from the NC days with peeps like you. Even today, not many games have come close to beating some of those OP wars we used to have. Damn, those were fun times heh.

These days I play some FFXIV (and a bit of Fall Guys on and off) on PC as far as online games go, & currently playing Hitman 3 on PS5 atm (Rigby85 on PSN) too. I'll probably add Battlefield 6 into the mix should that release later this year too no doubt (and likely on PS5 rather than PC this time.)

Hope you're keeping safe over there with the pandemic & all dude :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:30 pm

SSX-Biggie
Hi Anny!
My best memories gaming were NC with you guys. We are so old now.
SSX was the 1337 FA clan (R2K was bigger but we had more stars).

I have no time to do MMOs anymore, my availability is very limited between my organizations, my kids, my job, etc. so I just play games I can jump in and out of (like CoD Warzone). For games with a storymode, if I'm interested, I'll just watch someone else play it on YouTube chronologically (like Red Dead Redemption II).

I was thinking of reinstalling Neocron, but after watching the bit of gameplay vids available on YouTube, I was like, nah. It seemed too lonely.
Anubis wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:29 pm
Biggie!!! AWESOME to hear from you! (Lordanubis here from NC2)

I go through phases too of reminiscing about NC - had one middle of last year, and was wondering where you were these days (a few of the others too like Gryph). I miss those times, just the few of us running around Terra. We had a great spell there for a while :D

There's still a good few of us around from the NC days - MS, BD, Kon, Rah, QD from time to time. We mostly hang out in our Discord these days rather than be as active on the forums as we used to be though - if Discord is your thing, feel free to swing by. Would be great to see you there :)

From my side, I'm mainly an RPG gamer these days. Just finished Cyberpunk, and doing some old JRPG classics at the moment. Sunk a LOT of time into Final Fantasy XIV the last few years though, so the MMO kick is still there when I find the right game!

Hope all is good for you at your end?
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:31 pm

SSX-Biggie
Oh BD, my ingame crush ;) LOL Good to see you :)
BlackDove wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:39 pm
WHAT UP MAH DOODIE
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 pm

SSX-Biggie
MS! To me, you were the Dad of the clan.
I used to have NC OP war dreams when we were playing. I lived for the OP wars, you made me a god during those battles with your PPU.

Yeah, we're ok over here with the COVID, it's not NEARLY as bad as the media makes it out to be. I live in NY still so our twat dictator governor has all these crazy rules that make no sense other than to kill small businesses and control our population... kinda like Reeza... :)

My kids are cooped up since in-person school is almost non-existent right now. I feel bad for them. On a plus side, I get to work from home (since May 2020!).
M.Steiner wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:21 pm
Biggie! Damn, that's a blast from the past! :D
(MS/Maester Seymour here)

As Anny says there are quite a few of the NC gang still around actually. You can find BlackDove, QuantumDelta, SL33PY, Kon (Kahn), Anny & myself on Discord most days of the week. SirRah pops in frequently too (just been on today even) and we see SoulSeeker every so often as well. Feel free to drop by there too sometime if you fancy it, you're more than welcome! :thumb:

Some of my fondest gaming memories would still be from the NC days with peeps like you. Even today, not many games have come close to beating some of those OP wars we used to have. Damn, those were fun times heh.

These days I play some FFXIV (and a bit of Fall Guys on and off) on PC as far as online games go, & currently playing Hitman 3 on PS5 atm (Rigby85 on PSN) too. I'll probably add Battlefield 6 into the mix should that release later this year too no doubt (and likely on PS5 rather than PC this time.)

Hope you're keeping safe over there with the pandemic & all dude :)
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:05 pm

M.Steiner
SSX-Biggie wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:36 pm
MS! To me, you were the Dad of the clan.
I used to have NC OP war dreams when we were playing. I lived for the OP wars, you made me a god during those battles with your PPU.

Yeah, we're ok over here with the COVID, it's not NEARLY as bad as the media makes it out to be. I live in NY still so our twat dictator governor has all these crazy rules that make no sense other than to kill small businesses and control our population... kinda like Reeza... :)

My kids are cooped up since in-person school is almost non-existent right now. I feel bad for them. On a plus side, I get to work from home (since May 2020!).
haha, me too with the OP war dreams! They were such an adrenaline rush which no other game has ever really managed to match in the same way for me. Especially the alliance ones.

I've tried to go back once or twice over the years but always felt like something was missing. Came to the conclusion that as great as the game was, it was the group of people we had playing at the time which made it special & so memorable. Hard to recapture that. Great to reminisce though!

I'm not sure how strict the restrictions are over there for you in NY in comparison to ours in the UK but I wish ours hard been stricter tbh. Our government have been slow to react since it started, often don't go far enough & don't seem to have learnt anything from our first lockdown last year imo. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before life can get back to normal for all of us though now that we're starting to see the vaccines rolled out, or as close to what normal used to be like at least. Strange times!
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Biggie wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:30 pm
Hi Anny!
My best memories gaming were NC with you guys. We are so old now.
SSX was the 1337 FA clan (R2K was bigger but we had more stars).

I have no time to do MMOs anymore, my availability is very limited between my organizations, my kids, my job, etc. so I just play games I can jump in and out of (like CoD Warzone). For games with a storymode, if I'm interested, I'll just watch someone else play it on YouTube chronologically (like Red Dead Redemption II).

I was thinking of reinstalling Neocron, but after watching the bit of gameplay vids available on YouTube, I was like, nah. It seemed too lonely.

Hahaha - tell me about it on the old front!!! Scary to think I'm getting close to double the age I was when we played NC2 now - god knows where the time has gone... :shaking:

You know, I had the same thought last year about reinstalling and trying it again. I follow the progress of the community team every so often, and they've made a LOT of changes (most of which look to be for the better). But yeah...pops is the thing. They had quite a lot of players a few years ago when it started, but it's really dwindled now. Honestly I've wondered a few times how they've kept the servers going with so few. Sad really... Still think they should put it on Steam and see what happens!

Plus, honestly, I think I'd only want to go back with you guys. I kinda did all I could in the game at the time content wise. WoC aside, I'd done all the epics etc, and it was mainly the fun we all had together that kept me playing. Without everyone, just wouldn't be the same. As I've found in other MMOs, it's hard to recreate the magic when the group has moved on.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:39 pm

BlackDove
We all got old, but we're still hanging in there.

A good pick up and drop off game in a year or so will be Star Citizen. It's coming along nicely as things are starting to come together, and it's playable right now. Could jump in for an hour or two in the next weeks, get ourselves oriented a bit.

Since we're all strapped for time by jobs and/or family, this should work as a way of getting together, doing a mission or two together, then being able to disengage, without having to sink a minimum of 6 hours a day into it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:22 pm

SSX-Biggie
That looks like a well-done game, but I don't like flying spaceships games. Closest I ever came was playing F-19 Stealth Fighter on my IBM PS/2, kind of liked that and tried other games later on, just never got into it. I think the monotony of the cockpit view bores me.
BlackDove wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:39 pm
We all got old, but we're still hanging in there.

A good pick up and drop off game in a year or so will be Star Citizen. It's coming along nicely as things are starting to come together, and it's playable right now. Could jump in for an hour or two in the next weeks, get ourselves oriented a bit.

Since we're all strapped for time by jobs and/or family, this should work as a way of getting together, doing a mission or two together, then being able to disengage, without having to sink a minimum of 6 hours a day into it.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:25 pm

SSX-Biggie
@Anny and @MS - it was definitely the group of people we had, but also our approach to the the mechanics of the world we were playing in. We did some pretty funny improvisational things in NC that I don't thing the gamedevs meant for us to be able to do.

I remember harassing the Plaza people with my drones and killing CopBots with those drones on my MIG character.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:30 pm

SSX-Biggie
@BlackDove - I was thinking a game that would be somewhat similar for us to NC would be Rust, but I would have to build a gaming PC for that. I'm only using my laptop which I use for work these days.

I could see SSX kicking ass once we figure the game out.
He starts to love you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
BlackDove wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:39 pm
This is actually a really good idea - I'm up for it :)

Likewise if we want to try Rust or something similar, up for giving that a go :D Would be fun to play some stuff together again!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:16 am

Futile Resistance
Clicked this bookmark on a whim. BIGS! How'd the acting world end up treating you?

I'll have to hop on Discord (DaSaints).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Futile!!! Great to see you too mate - how's things at your end? :)

This is turning into a real class reunion :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:42 am

SoulSeeker
Yes. I’m still alive but only just :smack: i too miss
The Neocron days i especially remember Rah trying to drive a tank lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Cyma
Same, I find myself often thinking at NC.. guess that what a real addiction does to you :P

How you guys been?
Huh?

Return to “General Discussions”