Glamours, mounts etc!

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Glamours, mounts etc!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:22 am

M.Steiner
I've glamoured older dungeon/class gear sets before today, usually when I've been lower level and I'd be wearing a mishmash of different coloured armour pieces which looked awful together otherwise lol. It has only been for short amounts of time though until I leveled a bit more & picked up another set I liked, and it was always full sets rather than mixing & matching.

Hitting lvl 80 in ShB and being a little disappointed with the look of some of the healing gear (for me, the 430 set from the MSQ (and the lvl 79 dungeon set before it) look better than the sets at 440, 450 & 460), I decided I'd glam up for a while - picking out some different pieces which I thought went well together & suited my character. This is what the 450/470 healer gear looks like from Eden btw:
Yeah..... (Some of the other class' gear looks nice though, just not mine unfortunately lol)

Anyway, I came up with these two glamours which I'm currently alternating:
Image Image

I didn't realise until I really started looking around at all the options available that glamour is definitely as much an endgame (as far as money goes) as housing or crafting. Infact, I spent more on glamour #2's body piece than I did on my small housing plot & its furniture combined :lol:
Love how much you can customize your look though. It used to get so boring in some MMOs where you'd walk around and see so many of the same armour sets from whatever dungeon. Ofc you still get that in FF to a degree but being able to wear some boots from this set, with pants from another etc (and also being able to dye lots of them) whilst keeping the stats of your "current" gear, really opens things up. So good!

Will have to see what the next tomestone set looks like when they're later introduced (or the Nier raid when it arrives) but I'll be rockin' glams for the time being at least methinks :)

Edit: Decided to stick with the second glamour (using the first one for gathering) so made a couple changes:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Glamours!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:15 pm

M.Steiner
Got the Anima weapon I've been after!
;D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
That anima weapon looks incredibly cool! How long did it take to get it?!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:46 pm

M.Steiner
Thankies!

How long? Actually, less than a week. It was a busy few days though lol. I'm currently putting aside some of the required items (which you buy with poetics for several stages) to get a PLD anima :)

There are 2 final stages to it which transform the weapon again:
Image Image
I much prefer the model I have though so I'm thinking I won't bother picking up the quest for those & grinding them out. At least not atm.

Only downside for me atm (now that I use glamour plates to apply a full body glamour in one go) is that you can't put the original anima weapons in a glamour dresser for use with a glamour plate, you have to manually use a glamour prism each time you need to update it - No biggie atm though as I'll be getting my 460 weapon on Tue and that's the highest lvl one I'll be able to get on WHM for now. When you complete the stage ahead of where you are though you can get a "replica" version of the previous stage (since you have to hand the original version of that previous stage in to transform it again). You can put these replica versions in a dresser, but I'm gonna need to complete the next quest which is more grind heh. May do in the future though, will see.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:I'm currently putting aside some of the required items (which you buy with poetics for several stages) to get a PLD anima :)
Done!

Here's anima #2 and my PLD glamour
:D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
That PLD glamour is AMAZING - I love the weapon and shield glow effects!!!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 pm

M.Steiner
Tyty! :D

This is the final version of the weapon/shield:

Both go well with my armour glam so hard to decide which I like best lol. May end up alternating, or using one from each or something lol. Either way - Quest complete! Ty once again for your help this evening bud and do shout if you decide to go for an anima yourself as I said ingame, will come help! <3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Isileth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:13 pm

M.Steiner
Weeee, nice job! You got that much faster than I anticipated :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Isileth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 am

Isileth
Also I just managed to catch the Odin FATE for the second time letting me buy this.
(Sword not included)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:12 am

M.Steiner
Grats! Which is your favourite of the 3 mounts then? Ginga (Silver), Goten (Gold) or Raigo (Black)?
I'm still missing Goten myself but Raigo was the one I specifically set out to get (and naturally got Ginga during the process) so I wasn't massively fussed about missing that one. May see if I can get it before 5.1 though just so I have all 3, will see.

Can't remember ever actually seeing that armour before! Do you have the Chocobo barding from the Odin FATE too? I didn't pick the armour up as I didn't have a class that could use it back when I last did it but I did get the barding and used that for quite a long time :)

Changed to this in ShB:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:19 am

Isileth
I had intended to use the silver one Ginga as from the pictures I saw that was my favourite, but its Raigo the black one hands down, especially when paired with my WAR or DRK wearing their dark armours.

As for Odin that was only the second time ive managed to find him so the armour took all my drops, next one would be the barding with the PLD weapon last since thats not a class ive touched, shame that it is locked to just that one class.

I managed to grab Foxy Lady twice but cant trade in until the end of Stormblood MSQ and for the first time ever I got Prey Online which I had never even seen called out before. I do need to do it once more though to afford the horns. Then Ixion is still in an area I dont have access to yet and I just need 4 more Coeurlregina horns to have that set complete. So making good progress with them.

Managed to get another Primal mount so just 3 left from HW though I havent been able to get into a single team for either of the two im yet to do synced, I will have to decide if I give up and just jump into a mount farm team on those once I have only them left.

Also ive been seeing that butterfly barding around a bit and really like it, especially when the chocobo has had its colour changed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:27 am

M.Steiner
Which HW primal mounts do you have left to get?

I've still only gotten the ones from Ravana (did solo) & Bismarck (duo with Anny) so far but I've just looked again and there are solo kill videos on YouTube for Nidhogg, Sophia, Sephirot & Thordan now (there are also a couple duo lvl 70 vids of Sephirot pre-ShB too, along with a lvl 70 trio of Nidhogg) so I'm gonna try do those unsynched on PLD once I'm 460 with that job (eventually, need to finish getting 460 WHM stuff first & the tomestones are weekly capped atm). I've not watched all the vids yet but Anny, yourself and I should try those as a trio :)

Which would just leave Zurvan (Containment Bay Z1T9).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:25 pm

Isileth
I have done Thordan but need the mount (I now have 30 fragments so not had the best luck with that one), I have only ever queued into Nidhogg once and never into Zurvan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:18 pm

M.Steiner
Actually, just found a duo Zurvan EX vid (PLD/SCH). May depend what jobs we're doing it with but could potentially add that to our list to try as a trio later on :)

Re: Glamours, mounts etc!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:02 pm

M.Steiner
Added quite a few mounts to my collection just recently :D

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Rolling Tankard - Rank 7 with the Dwarf Beast Tribe
Jibanyan Couch - Obtaining all 17 Weapons from the Yo-kai Watch event
Ehll Tou - Level 5 satisfaction with Ehll Tou's Custom Deliveries
Battle Lion - "Tank You, Paladin III" Achievement Reward
Construct 14 - Bought this as it's tradeable but can be obtained from the Bozjan Southern Front for 180 Bozjan Clusters
Gabriel α - Bought this one too but this can be dropped from lockboxes, also in the Bozjan Southern Front

Haven't decided whether I'll try unlocking BSF yet so was thankful to see I could buy the 2 current mounts from there (I got a minion too) on the market board from people selling them. Would quite like to for some armour & weapons too whilst the place is so active but my raid/social anxiety is making that difficult for me still....<censored> my life sometimes lol.

Hopefully they've got a few more on the way in 5.4 in Dec, and I look forward to us all trying to farm a Rathalos mount each when you guys return too ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:13 pm

Isileth
Very cool, had a glance at BSF myself to get an idea of what it was all about. Pretty much Eureka 2.0 which given that I enjoyed the original is no bad thing, will certainly be heading in myself when I get back ingame. Hopefully those drops are nicer than in Eureka though because even after all this time there are still items from there that go for 20-30mil.

Certainly don't worry about going in there yourself, Eureka plays very much like hunt trains that you spawn yourself, especially when there's enough for a proper group (which will not be a problem in the new area) its quite a relaxed and casual experience. I assume there will be something like the Baldesion Arsenal in there (either now or with a later update but ive not checked all the details as I dont want to spoil it all for myself) which is a different matter but thats purely an optional extra, but very good fun to try :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:54 pm

M.Steiner
Isileth wrote: Certainly don't worry about going in there yourself, Eureka plays very much like hunt trains that you spawn yourself, especially when there's enough for a proper group (which will not be a problem in the new area) its quite a relaxed and casual experience. I assume there will be something like the Baldesion Arsenal in there (either now or with a later update but ive not checked all the details as I dont want to spoil it all for myself) which is a different matter but thats purely an optional extra, but very good fun to try :)

Yeah, I think I'd probably be fine with Bozjan itself for the most part (potential Baldesion Arsenal type place aside - if there is one yet) and had actually been looking forward to checking it out before the patch hit. It's really just the SB raids that have been bothering me as I'd have to force myself through all three of those before I could unlock the place due to them being prerequisites, and I really didn't wanna do those. The trust system for regular dungeons was actually a godsend for me lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:02 am

Isileth
The alliance raids I wouldn't worry about either. I went blind into all of them and was confused as hell but got carried very easily. Thats one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of them and dont think ive replayed any outside of the odd one for a WT or some blue mage stuff. It doesn't really feel like you as an individual player are having that much effect on anything due to how many other players there are. The positive side of that is if your running around clueless you also aren't causing much harm as those that have done it before can carry quite a few extra players.

I would encourage you to give it a go, certainly getting access to the new area should be a very nice reward, if you enjoy hunt trains eureka and BSF will offer a similar but more fleshed out experience.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:12 am

M.Steiner
Hmm, that is encouraging at least. Think the same will apply when playing a healer though? I don't help myself by playing one and the added pressure you get as one (or a tank), I'll admit lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:24 am

Isileth
DPS absolutely have it the easiest but as a healer your still 1 of 6. Tanks get reduced down to 1 per party so they do need to know what they are doing, it also means as a healer you only have one main target to heal in your party and then you can throw any extra to the groups MT if its not yours and top up everyone else when you can but thats not a priority and during the boss fights most damage to party members is done when they screw up a mechanic so its really not your job. Also for the lvl 70+ raids you get the bonus of red mages taking over on rez duty. People will die but you have a party of 6 healers + any red mages to get them back up so honestly its never a major issue.

Give it a go :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 am

M.Steiner
Going to leave my character logged off at the NPC who starts the quest chain for them then, might start it tomorrow & see how I get on :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 am

M.Steiner
Done them! Had a few wipes on Orbonne Monastery which led to a few people bailing & us having to wait for replacements but other than that they weren't too bad.
Bozjan Southern Front unlocked :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:38 am

Isileth
Nice. Most raids I went through first time with no wipes but Orbonne was one we had a few on as well so its definitely one of the tougher ones. Thankfully you begin at phase 3 of the final boss rather than have to do it all over again otherwise it would be much worse.

Return to “Final Fantasy”