15th Anniversary - Website Updates

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

15th Anniversary - Website Updates

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Not sure how many people realised this (it was a surprise to me when I noticed back in January), but in almost exactly one month we're 15 years old - well the SSX/STR is anyway, I'm not counting the SSC years too!

When I realised, I decided I wanted to do something to mark the occasion. Both to celebrate our history, and make things nicer for us now too. Eventually I decided the best thing would be to rebuild all our old group websites with fresh, modern designs. Take all that content we have and make it fit for 2019, and easier/more enjoyable to browse (mobile friendly too).

So thanks to a LOT of design work from MS (thanks dude, as ever you're so talented at this) and six months worth of development that's exactly what we've done. 15 group sites fully rebuilt, a new one created (hello FFXIV), and a rebuilding of the main site too (kept the skin, but made it more efficient and mobile friendly). To make things easy for anyone wanting to check them out, that's all of:

I really hope you guys like the results - I've really enjoyed doing this, and think it's a really cool way to remember what we've done over the last 15 years and what we're still doing today after all this time.

Here's to 15 more years :thumb: :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: 15th Anniversary - Website Updates

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:47 pm

BlackDove
Damn, that's a long time.

Great job on the update!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:53 pm

M.Steiner
It has been a pleasure working on another group project with you, Anny! It's wonderful to see all of these designs come to life & breathe new life into the group sites and not just have them become a thing of the past & forgotten about.

I had a great time figuring each of these designs out and revisiting all of our content in the process but without your expertise, hard work & dedication it wouldn't have been possible either, so thank you too! Great team effort bud, they look absolutely smashing! ;D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:05 pm

esd
Nice work!

And that long? Yeesh!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:59 pm

SSX-Andy
Nicely done.

Looking back at the old EU-WOW site makes me wonder one thing. Is there still a guild there? Perhaps I'm the only one running around in that game anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:57 pm

M.Steiner
Hey Andy! :)

I'm honestly not sure on the WoW:EU guild, it has been a loooong time since I stepped foot in that game heh. FFXIV these days! :D
If our old server still exists then I guess our guild is still there somewhere (as I don't think it was ever physically disbanded)? If it does it certainly isn't active though I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 pm

SSX-Andy
The old server is there.

I'm just running around doing solo content. Exploring. Doing old raids.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Andy wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:07 pm
The old server is there.

I'm just running around doing solo content. Exploring. Doing old raids.
I did this a couple of years ago (hope you're enjoying - I got a lot of pleasure going back to places like MC and BWL again), and at the time couldn't find a trace of our old guild sadly.

I played on my old character who I know was in the guild when I unsubbed, but he was guildless when I logged in. So I think somewhere along the line the guild was lost - though I'm not sure when/why sadly :(
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:18 pm

M.Steiner
Been meaning to post this:

1920x1080

3840x2160
:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Those look great bud! I'll get them hosted up over the weekend as soon as I get chance :D

Return to “Members”