The STR Screenshot Thread

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: The STR Screenshot Thread

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:21 am

M.Steiner
Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm

M.Steiner
Shadow of the Colossus (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
Last batch.
Props to anyone who knows what the 4th shot is an easter egg of ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:48 am

M.Steiner
Sea of Thieves (Closed Beta) (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:22 pm

M.Steiner
Persona 4 Golden (PS Vita)
Image Image
Image Image
Backlog game #2 started!

Think it's about time I played this after having owned it for 3-4 years now, especially when Persona 5 was my GOTY last year. As such, I have pretty high expectations for it to say the least. I've always heard great things about it though so I'm sure I'll love it, even if it doesn't end up matching P5. I have admittedly seen the anime already but as this was some 6 years ago now there's a lot I don't remember from it, which works out quite well for me here. May share some more pics of this as I get further in anyway :)

Not sure what my next new release will be after this as March is pretty packed with lots to pick from. Ni no Kuni II & Far Cry 5 will be definites at least (for day one), but I do have an interest in Sea of Thieves, Northgard, Pizza Connection 3, Surviving Mars, Agony & the DMC HD Collection too heh. Hoping there will be at least one more beta session of Sea of Thieves before its release on March 20th though so I may have some more pics of that soon, even if I don't end up getting it at release.

What's everyone else playing atm? :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:20 am

M.Steiner
Alto’s Odyssey (iOS)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Little something I'm playing on the side too. Big fan of the first game so had to pick this up to play on my phone :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:40 pm

M.Steiner
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Farewell) (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
:(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 am

M.Steiner
Northgard (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 pm

M.Steiner
Sea of Thieves (PC)
Image Image
Image Image

If anyone wants to try Sea of Thieves for free (or on the cheap) you can activate a trial of Xbox Game Pass and play it through that ;)
- There's a free 14 day trial on the official site, or you can buy a 1 month code from somewhere like cdkeys for £1.39 (at the time of writing). *Note that these will only work if you've never used Game Pass before.

Sea of Thieves is not only available with Game Pass, but as it's a Play Anywhere title you get access to both the Xbox One version and PC (it also supports cross-platform play). Just locate it on the Windows 10 store once you've activated your Game Pass trial, download it, and you should be able to play it for the duration of your trial.

Incidentally, when redeeming my 1 month code from cdkeys I was offfered a free month on top of that by MS if I enabled auto-renew (for which you can later turn off if you wish), so assuming you get the same offer from them and haven't used Game Pass before either, you could essentially get a 2 month trial of Sea of Thieves for £1.39.

I only played a tiny bit of the beta and with Ni No Kuni II & Far Cry 5 coming out in the next 3-7 days (both of which I've pre-ordered), I've been a little reluctant about adding Sea of Thieves to that list when I've been on the fence with it and you can't get it for less than 50 quid. I doubt I'll play tons of it (with NNK2/FC5 nearly out, and lots next month too), but this works out quite nicely and should allow plenty of time to decide whether to ultimately buy it or not, and also see how well the game is supported with content over the coming weeks. All totally legit :)

Enjoy if you decide to try it through a Game Pass trial too! :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:05 am

M.Steiner
Anyone else still following this thread besides me btw? It has been very quiet this year :)

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PC)
Image Image
Image Image

Liking what I've played of this so far, although parts of it are somewhat disappointing if I'm completely honest. Story has been a bit shallow, there is a lot less voiced dialogued than I had expected (and would have liked), there are no hand-drawn Ghibli cutscenes like in the first game and the combat (whilst a big improvement on the first game) has been a little too easy at times too, but all being said, I'm still having fun with it and glad I picked it up.
Parts of it do feel like a step back from the first game due to some of the above but there are other things which #2 is better for; combat being one of them as already mentioned, the main story isn't any longer than it really needs to be (even if it could be better), and everything to do with Evermore is pretty great - building your kingdom, recruiting citizens to work there, researching, building etc. I actually really like the skirmish battles too for the most part, albeit a little grindy at times.

I decided not to buy Sea of Thieves too, just to note
[20:02] M.Steiner: Don't have much desire to play much more of it either if I'm honest, and I got access to it for a quid or so.
[20:06] M.Steiner: Plus having no real progression in the game doesn't help much. Only 2 ships, no other weapons to buy (just different skins/colours), missions are essentially just fetch quests which offer increasing amounts of gold as you gain rep, only 1 type of enemy (besides other players), and asking $60/£50 for it. It's a lot less fun to play solo than it is with a group too.
[Edit: Will make this a double game post]
Far Cry 5 (PC)
Image ImageImage
Main story wise, I liked 3 & 4 more, and I'm not too keen on how certain parts of it are structured in 5 either (like how you can get 'captured' and have a main mission thrown at you, interrupting whatever it is you were doing), but still, it's a really fun sandbox shooter.

Next new release for me will be God of War in just over 2 weeks (I have Yakuza 6 pre-ordered too but will be playing GoW first). Going to try & fit another backlog game in before then though (which will be my third, I'm doing pretty well with the backlog this year! lol)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Can't believe God of War is out in 2 weeks...that's come around way too quick, and it's on my list too.

Both Farcry and Sea of Thieves have been great stream games imo. As in, I have a lot of fun WATCHING them but I know they'd bore me extremely quickly if I were to play them. Both very pretty though, as your screenshots capably highlight :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:15 pm

M.Steiner
I know, right?! Right now I'd put Red Dead Redemption 2 as my expected GOTY for 2018 but I think God of War will be one contender for it. Very excited to get my hands on it next week.

I had it in my head that photo mode would be in for day 1 though & recently learnt that that wasn't the case, but probably sometime later. Little disappointing as a screenshotter but not to worry I guess. On PC you have the luxury of custom camera tools, cheat engine etc which (those who know what they're doing lol) can share with free cams, HUD removals, time freeze etc but you don't have that option on console unless the devs have included a photo mode so you're stuck taking pics of cutscenes or from your characters back, HUD all over the screen etc. Though first-person games like Far Cry 5 are alright when they have HUD toggles in the options. More & more PS4 titles have been supporting photo modes though which is great to see, and its free advertisement for them too so win-win really. I know Spider-Man has been confirmed to have one too.

Titanfall 2 (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Backlog game #3!

Decent story, really likeable companion and the gameplay & level design was incredibly creative at times which were actually quite refreshing for a fps. My only niggle is that it was a little short but none of it felt padded out and I enjoyed every minute of it so I'm not complaining. Note to EA: If we ever get a sequel, please don't release it within a week of a Battlefield title like you did 2, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:06 am

M.Steiner
BioShock Remastered (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Backlog game #4

Hearing news of a new BioShock game being in development made me want to go back & replay the original. Although I've played BioShock several times over the years and don't usually like to spend time replaying stuff when I have so many other new & and other unplayed games waiting to play, this is the first time I've played the remaster & have been meaning to check it out for a year or so now. That's my excuse anyway heh.
Parts of it are starting to show its age now (graphically) even with the remaster tbh but then there are other parts (like in a few of my screenshots) where it can still look pretty stunning in places. Overall though they've updated it quite nicely with 4K support, better lighting, textures & character models.

Whilst Infinite would be my #1 in the series, Rapture is still one of my all-time favourite video game locations. Such a great atmosphere & setting with a fantastic story behind it too :)

God of War up next. 3 days to go
Should be good :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:24 pm

M.Steiner
God of War (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
My screenies came out a little worse than expected. My console's screen area mustn't have been set right and whilst I didn't notice anything whilst I was playing, my screenies came out with a black border around them. Decided to crop them & save at 720p but will take some better ones in the future once photo mode is in. Also had to be careful not to spoil stuff & without photo mode, that becomes tricky.

Nothing new to say here which you won't have already read or heard elsewhere but believe it, this is one of the best games of the generation. Play it. Play it soon :)

Detroit: Become Human (PS4 Demo)
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:04 pm

M.Steiner
God of War HD (PS Now)
Image Image
Image Image
God of War II HD (PS Now)
Image ImageImage
As this years God of War was my first experience with the GoW series I thought it'd be worth me checking out some of the previous titles for story purposes, and well, 1-3 are all 92-94 on Metacritic too. Other than the odd bit of frustrating platforming in the first game I've thoroughly enjoyed both of them & very glad I gave them a go. Like a cross between the Prince of Persia classics & Darksiders, so a bit different from this years. Fantastic games though & well worth checking out if you've managed to overlook them before like me - There's a 7 day free trial of PlayStation Now available which is what I used to play & complete the first game for free (on PC too), which I then subbed to in order to play 2 as well.

Might move straight onto 3 but not sure whether I'll use PS Now for it (my net just about managed for 1 & 2 but thinking it may not get the best out of 3), or buy the boxed copy of the PS4 Remaster. Will definitely play it soon either way :)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:25 am

M.Steiner
Got some great new screenshots of God of War here now that photo mode has been patched in but since some of these contain mid-game spoilers I'm just going to spoiler tag them all.
God of War (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
I did actually post the first screenshot on twitter yesterday before I went to bed without realizing that whilst I am using the axe and you can't see the blades on his back, you can still see their chains on his arms. The reveal of them is pretty <censored> awesome and not something I wanted to spoil for people so I hope none of you saw that & instantly cottoned on to their later unlocking. Very sorry if I did!

You have to be really careful with screenshots as you basically can't share anything past mid-game (with Kratos) without including a glimpse of either the blades or the chain attached to them. You won't see this until after ofc, but hoping those of you who have this in your backlog decide to play it sooner rather than later as you're bound to get their existence spoiled for you before long (if you haven't already), especially now that photo mode is in & people are sharing more. Between random YouTube thumbs & Tweets I would've had them spoiled for me multiple times already had I not already played it and that was before photo mode was added lol.
----------------------------
Ordered a copy of God of War III Remastered for PS4 yesterday so will be playing that next. Next new release will be Detroit :)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Those God of War screenshots are AMAZING dude! Especially that last one with the whip!

I need to play that at some point, but very very excited for Detroit too. Lots of good games around atm :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:23 pm

M.Steiner
Cheers bud! Some of these action shots have come out really well if I do say so myself hehe :D
Very excited for Detroit too, and Vampyr which is only a few weeks away now as well! ^^

2 more. These may be it until I come to replay it sometime :)
God of War (PS4)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:57 pm

M.Steiner
God of War III Remastered (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image

My ranking: 4 > 2 > 1 > 3 > CoO
Fantastic set of games, shame it took me so long to give the series a try!

Has anyone here played Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta or Ascension? If so, are any of them considered a must play? I was only really interested in playing the main entries but could be persuaded to play at least 1 more if any are too good to skip :)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 pm

M.Steiner
Forgotton Anne (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Wasn't even aware of this game until it released this week but what a beautiful little game it has turned out to be!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/5420 ... tton_Anne/

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:37 am

M.Steiner
Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Took some pictures of the gorgeous concept art from the ingame gallery too:
Image Image
Image Image

Always been a big fan of David Cage & Quantic Dream and for me their games serve as a great example & constant reminder for me of why it's always best to play & judge something for yourself than to base a purchase solely on reviews or their scores. At the end of the day these types of games just aren't everyones cup of tea which is why the reviews for them are usually a mixed bag, but make no mistake, this is their best game yet. By far (imo).

If you've enjoyed some of their previous games, other titles like Until Dawn, or even some of Telltale's work, go & buy Detroit :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:05 pm

M.Steiner
Vampyr (PC)
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 pm

M.Steiner
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
You could actually finish this in next to no time but if you're trying to see & do everything you can in it you can get a good couple hours out of it (I just did). So much to interact with! So cool of DONTNOD/SE to release this for free as I would have happily paid for it. The game looks sooo much better in UE4 too whilst still retaining that classic LiS look & feel. Really enjoyed this!

Looking forward to seeing how this ties in to LiS2
Prediction: I reckon it'll be one of the kid neighbours we play as in LiS2 rather than Chris (think he'll just be a side character). They will also be the one with powers, not Chris.
Roll on Sep :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:55 pm

M.Steiner
No Man's Sky (PC)
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Was wondering when we'd get more pics!

This is actually going to remind me to take pics of my current adventures in FF14 too. Watch this space!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:23 pm

M.Steiner
I shall look forward to seeing those! ;)

and July was pretty barren tbh (at least for games I was interested in) but fear not!, there's a good stream of games between now & Dec which I'll most definitely be playing & taking screenies in ;D

Return to “General Discussions”