Neocron 1 revival

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Neocron 1 revival

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:00 am

Doc Holliday
https://forum.neocron.org/

Hello all. Just wanted to make you fine folks aware of this and to say hello to any old nc1 veterans. I stumbled across this forum looking for old patch notes for nc1 and figured i should let you all know about this project. I'm in no way affiliated with it but felt obliged to make anyone who hasn't heard about it aware that this is real and is happening.

Re: Neocron 1 revival

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:27 pm

M.Steiner
Hey Doc! (now there's a blast from the past!)

I haven't posted on there in years (or played it for that matter) but I do still drop by the NC2 forums every now & then and see what's up. Mostly due to nostalgia but that little part of me which has always hoped for an NC3 to one day become a reality heh. This is first I've heard of an NC1 revival project though so thanks a lot for letting us know about it, very much appreciate it!

A lot of it did have to do with the playerbase as well of course (as without the players, it just wouldn't have been the same. Our past enemies included <3), but even now I'd still consider NC1 to be one of the best online gaming experiences I've ever had. Nice to see it being given some love like this, will take a closer look at the forum when I can :)

(The PPU "Maester Seymour" was my main char back in the day)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:01 pm

BlackDove
Damn Doc, been a long time.

Neocron. Man, that was a while ago. I think I finally quit it because of the cheats, when the APU's stood behind OP walls and just Holy Lightning'd your hacked character model that they could target regardless.

Anyway, interesting to hear the game's not dead yet. Wish those guys the best of luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Now this is interesting! Thanks for the drive by share Doc (as the others have said, been a long time haha)!

Will definitely have to watch this closely. I still look back on NC with a lot of fond memories :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Ash
Wow that brings back memories.
NeoCron was my first real MMO and online gaming experience, prior to that my online gaming was limited to Freespace/ FS2.
500 people was the server population.
Hard learning curve, no hand holding, law enforcement chips to separate PvE and PvP players but all on the same server.
To me there seemed to be alot of concepts used in NC that are now considered essentials in any MMO.

Those were the days ;)
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Return to “General Discussions”