E3 2015

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

E3 2015

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:30 pm

M.Steiner
THURSDAY 11TH JUNE
STREAMS: TWITCH · OCULUS
Oculus
10:00 PDT | 13:00 EDT | 18:00 BST | 19:00 CEST
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

SUNDAY 14TH JUNE
STREAMS: TWITCH · YOUTUBE
Bethesda
19:00 PDT | 22:00 EDT | 03:00 BST (15th) | 04:00 CEST (15th)
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

MONDAY 15TH JUNE
STREAMS: YOUTUBE · TWITCH · GT · IGN | MS · EA · UBI · SONY
Microsoft
09:30 PDT | 12:30 EDT | 17:30 BST | 18:30 CEST
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

Electronic Arts
13:00 PDT | 16:00 EDT | 21:00 BST | 22:00 CEST
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

Ubisoft
15:00 PDT | 18:00 EDT | 23:00 BST | 00:00 CEST (16th)
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

Sony
18:00 PDT | 21:00 EDT | 02:00 BST (16th) | 03:00 CEST (16th)
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

TUESDAY 16TH JUNE
STREAMS: YOUTUBE · TWITCH · GT · IGN | NINTENDO · SQUARE ENIX · PC GAMING
Nintendo Digital Event
09:00 PDT | 12:00 EDT | 17:00 BST | 18:00 CEST
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

Square Enix
10:00 PDT | 13:00 EDT | 18:00 BST | 19:00 CEST
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

PC Gaming Show[/size]
18:00 PDT | 21:00 EDT | 02:00 BST (17th) | 03:00 CEST (17th)
DATE & TIME CONFIRMED

EVERY DAY OF E3 - LIVE STAGE DEMOS
STREAMS: YOUTUBE · TWITCH[/size] · GIANT BOMB[/size] · GAMESPOT[/size] · IGN
Once a conference has aired I will try and add archive links for those of you who are unable to watch live. Look for the buttons.
Hope some of you will be able to join us on IRC and watch them together though! :)

So, what are you guys hoping and/or expecting to see at E3 this year? Let's get some chat going in the lead-up to the event :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: E3 2015 (Predictions, Wishes & Schedule)

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 4:05 pm

M.Steiner
I'll start us off. Here's what I'm hoping to see this year:

GAMEPLAY TRAILERS OF:
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Persona 5
  • Mirror's Edge 2
GAMEPLAY DEMOS OF:
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Rime
  • Until Dawn
  • Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
  • Uncharted 4
  • Mad Max
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Rock Band 4
  • Guitar Hero Live
  • The Division
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
REVEALS OF:
  • Dishonored 2
  • Fallout 4
  • Quantic Dream's next game
  • Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey (Patrice Désilets’ new game)
  • Mass Effect 4
  • Project Morpheus
  • Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster
  • Day of the Tentacle Remaster
  • Watch Dogs 2
  • Hitman 6
  • Uncharted 1-3 Remastered
  • Borderlands 3
  • Bloodborne DLC
WISHFUL THINKING:
  • The Last Guardian
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • The Last of Us 2
  • Mafia 3
  • Ni no Kuni 2
  • Half Life 3
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2
  • Final Fantasy XV Release Date
  • Shenmue 1 & 2 HD
:thumb:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:06 pm

BlackDove
The Last Guardian will of course be there, and will be announced for release holiday 2015.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:23 am

M.Steiner
Wouldn't that be glorious heh.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:09 pm

NF
Arbiter
Next Assassins Creed announced and to be set during the Korean war in a military hospital. Trailer will show Desmond Miles strangling Radar whilst Clinger looks on in horror.

Telltale Games announce a Breaking Bad episodic adventure with Gustavo Fring as the lead protagonist. Rather than following the usual Telltale game style this game will revolve around you attempting to remain inconspicuous by managing a fried chicken shop.

In response to Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft, and due to a administrative error, Apple announces the acquisition of Dwarf Fortress for 3.8bn. It will be released on iWatch this Christmas.

All future games releases will now require purchase of the appropriate Amiibo.

Halflife 3 will not be announced.
NF

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:43 am

M.Steiner
NF wrote:Telltale Games announce a Breaking Bad episodic adventure with Gustavo Fring as the lead protagonist.
Whilst the rest of that sentence may have been a joke I'd totally play this lol :D

To expand from my list a little;
  • If Star Wars Battlefront is to release this November I fully expect to see a gameplay demo of that at the EA conference. They're not wasting any resources on a single player either so we can be sure it will be multiplayer footage we get and that it'll probably be a major focus for them. I've never been a massive Star Wars fan or anything but I'm quite excited to see some proper footage of that as I've been a fan of DICE' work for many years. I expect we'll see some similarities to the Battlefield series as it would be hard not to but I hope it's different enough to stand on its own. Unlike Visceral's effort with Hardline just recently, imo.
    - We got very little Mirror's Edge 2 last E3 (just a concept-like video iirc) so hoping they have something significant to show us of that this year too. Just read that it is due early 2016 though so I expect they will.
  • Fallout 4 is one of the expected big reveals this year and since Bethesda are now having a conference of their own I'm sure they have something big to share. I actually really liked Fallout 3 myself so I'd be fine with a Beth developed Fallout game if that is the case but I would much prefer it to be Obsidian as New Vegas was the better game by far. I'm not sure how likely that is though (depending on how long F4 has been in development) as they've been kinda busy with Pillars. My other hopes are that they've gone with a better engine this time and that it is current-gen only.
    - Really hoping Dishonored 2 makes its debut there too. The first game was one of my favourite games of last generation and one of the best stealth games I've ever played so I'll be very, very happy if we get to see that. Honestly, I could probably come away from E3 completely satisfied for this alone tbh. Fingers crossed!
  • Unity was a gorgeous looking game and brought with it a lot of improvements but it was far from the GOTY I expected it to be. We can be sure Ubi have something to show for Assassin's Creed and as AC Victory Syndicate was already leaked, it's safe to assume it will be this. I've yet to play Rogue (got it for my Birthday last week though) so I hope this next title brings it back to that status. The Victorian London setting is probably my favourite to date so I hope they do it justice. Would also be nice to have a decent present day arc this time as I've been a bit disappointed by that for the last few games.
    - Ubi have surprised us every year with reveals like Watch Dogs and The Division so whilst I'd be interested in seeing a gameplay demo of the latter this year, I hope they have a surprise in store for us this year too. Another new IP would be nice but I'd be happy with a Watch Dogs 2 reveal, or Beyond Good & Evil 2 which is probably unlikely.
  • Not expecting The Last Guardian to show up but I'd go nuts if it actually did. Will 2015 be the year?. Let's hope so, but probably not.. I will settle for the gorgeous looking "Rime" though as it's time we saw a gameplay demo of that.
  • Hitman: Absolution was a piece of shit for the most part but I have hopes for the next one after they talked a little about it last year. If it's going to play like a true Hitman game with proper sandbox level design (from beginning to end), Hitman 6 would easily become one of my most anticipated titles for next year or after.
  • Level-5 are to announce their PS4 game at E3 this year. I've never played any of their other games and it's probably unlikely but if it turns out to be Ni no Kuni 2 (and with Studio Ghibli again) I'd go crazy.
Obviously games like Deus Ex & Persona 5 are something I'm extremely excited for (hopefully) seeing as well but I won't go through everything on my list lol. The last video we saw for Mad Max was pretty damn great as well so I'd love to see some more of that too. Can't wait! :)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Whizbang
The new Deus Ex game I'd like to see more of. Hoping it can carry on and improve what was Human Revolution. Other than that, SW:Battlefront, Mad Max, Fallout 4, new Tomb Raider, and anything else PC-related of games I played and enjoyed these past few years are on the list. Since I'm working so much nowadays I know I won't have any time to see E3 live so hoping I can catch the roundups on VOD or Youtube.
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:40 pm

M.Steiner
Mechanus wrote:I know I won't have any time to see E3 live so hoping I can catch the roundups on VOD or Youtube.
I'll keep an eye out and post any full conference vids I find for you and anyone else who can't watch em all live dude. I'll be doing the same with the Bethesda conference myself since that doesn't start until 3am over here lol. Plan to watch all of the others live though if I can :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:41 pm

M.Steiner
No one else? Tis less than 5 weeks away now.
/me wonders if there's any point in keeping the schedule updated...

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is being revealed today btw (5pm BST], though I'm guessing we'll have to wait until E3 for the good stuff like gameplay demos.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:58 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I'll be watching, but I've no real particular burning desires I'm watching for honestly. I'll see what surprises me!

Anything from the below would be awesome, though I doubt it for some of them.

Cyberpunk
Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Final Fantasy 9/10 for PC
Rise of the Tomb Raider PC announcement
Whatever is next from Dontnod
Whatever is next from Rocksteady
KOTOR 3
Persona 5
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:10 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote: Cyberpunk
Final Fantasy Record Keeper
Final Fantasy 9/10 for PC
Rise of the Tomb Raider PC announcement
Whatever is next from Dontnod
Whatever is next from Rocksteady
KOTOR 3
Persona 5
  • I don't think Crystal Dynamics will announce any other platforms for Rise of the Tomb Raider whilst they still have that timed exclusivity deal going with MS tbh. They wouldn't be getting their moneys worth if CD were to say "oh, but it'll be out for PC & PlayStation in X weeks/months". Lame, but yeah. They were all very cagey with that shit before and I hope I'm wrong but if I was to put money on it I don't think we'll hear of any other platforms until the Xbox versions are out or nearing release. I do think we'll get to see some gameplay though and that's something I'd be looking forward to seeing, as shitty as that deal they have going is.
  • As for Dontnod & Rocksteady.. I think we'll get a release date for episode 4 of Life is Strange and probably a gameplay demo of Arkham Knight but the former will still be on-going and have 2 eps still to release at E3 and the latter won't have released yet either. Doubt either of them will start talking about what's next for them when they're still focusing on and pushing both of those. I would however like to see what's next from Quantic Dream & David Cage. Methinks it would be a good time to see what they've been up to :)
  • Cyberpunk would be amazing but if CDPR have anything for E3 I think it'll be Witcher 3 related (expansion/DLC) myself. Would love to be proven wrong and get a trailer for it (it's in my wishful thinking list) but I think Cyberpunk will be next year.
  • Final Fantasy 9/10 for PC would be great (9 especially) though I think a HD remaster of XII for the PS4 is more likely. I know you weren't the biggest fan of that but it's one of the reveals I'm hoping for myself as they did a fantastic job with X-HD. 9 for PC would be just as good though and since I haven't played that in such a long time I'd probably prefer it.
  • You'll know better as to what the likelihood of a KOTOR 3 would be but since I'm guessing Obsidian aren't behind Fallout 4 (though would like to be proved wrong on that too) and BioWare will be all ME4, maybe it's not too unlikely?. Would like to see what they have planned either way. We'll definitely have Battlefront from DICE to look forward to though as far as Star Wars goes.
  • Persona 5 is probably a safe bet methinks and something I'm hoping/expecting to see as well :D

Re: E3 2015

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:59 pm

M.Steiner
Just a quick heads-up to say that all of the E3 conferences have had their dates & times confirmed now and have been added into the schedule above. I've also added some additional stream links too but if any others appear (or any of the old ones change) I'll be sure to update/add those in too.

(Side note: The Square Enix conference & the Nintendo digital event both share the same time slot on the Tuesday. Pretty stupid if you ask me but yeah, that's not a typo.]

Mark your calendar! ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Thanks for putting the list together dude - will be extremely useful come E3 :)

As for Sqenix clashing with Nintendo...it's not like Nintendo have anything relevant to say ever when it comes to games or consoles. No big loss if we have to read an article about how Reggie has wasted our time again this year, rather than watching it for once imo.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:28 pm

M.Steiner
Speak of the devil, they've just announced that they've rescheduled it (now 6pm for us instead of 5). Will update the list lol!
I usually only watch the Nintendo conference for my Mum and her Wii U but I'd quite like to see some more of the new Zelda game myself tbh. Looked really pretty :)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:13 pm

Kon
Those of us hoping for Fallout 4 at the Bethesda conference are in for an unsuspected surprise.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:54 pm

M.Steiner
Geoff is doing E3 coverage on YouTube this year rather than Gametrailers:
I'll add a placeholder stream link for it above and update when I know the exact url. Will watch YouTube this year methinks :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 pm

SL33PY
Countdown +/- 2h left http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:48 pm

SL33PY
http://fallout4.com was online for about a minute just earlier, I guess we can officially confirm it now :thumb: 1h15mins left on countdown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:53 pm

M.Steiner
Yay, it is current-gen only by the looks of it. Taken from the website before it went down:
:D

[Edit]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:17 pm

M.Steiner
One week to go! :)
Will TLG make its reappearance this E3?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Will TLG make its reappearance this E3?
There's more likelihood of MS announcing they're feeling generous so the next Halo game will be a PS4 exclusive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:37 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:
M.Steiner wrote:Will TLG make its reappearance this E3?
There's more likelihood of MS announcing they're feeling generous so the next Halo game will be a PS4 exclusive.
You may be about to eat your words next Monday if The Guardian's source is legit:
Last Guardian (Sony, PS4)
Yes, we know it has been in development hell since 2007, but we have it on very good authority that this will be the year that Team Ico finally presents its follow-up to much loved classics Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Whether it’ll bear any relation to the game last shown at E3 in 2009 is anyone’s guess.[/size]
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/g ... ated-games

Fingers crossed!
Sony will leave it until last if so, closing with it. As if I wasn't already excited enough lol :D

[Also, added Oculus to the schedule. Didn't realise they were having a conference but it's tomorrow night at 6pm BST]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
T-minus 12 hours :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:54 pm

M.Steiner
So excited :D
Looking forward to watching with you guys tomorrow!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:04 am

Kon
Fallout starts at 1:11:00

Here's a TL;DW from tonight's Bethesda conference:
  • Doom looks exactly like Doom 3, with better graphics and "kill cam" gore close-ups.
  • Dishonored 2 has the guy from the last game, and a new female lead with different powers. Art style, enemies, etc look very much like the last game. Similar themes, and this game will also have a possible no-kill playthrough.
  • Fallout Shelter released now. iOS game where you manage a vault and the people inside. You can send people outside on quests and repel bandits. Seems like a combination of Rollercoaster Tycoon and FTL.
  • ESO is finally introducing the Imperial City, with both PvP and PvE content. Also adding Orsinium, the Orc home zone. A teaser for possible Dark Brotherhood stuff.
  • Elder Scrolls: Legends, a Hearthstone-style digital card game for PC and iOS.
  • Battlecry, a game that looks kind of like TF2 and is apparently in beta now. Faction-based multiplayer action game. Shooting and swords alike.
Now for the Fallout 4 stuff:
  • Comes out November 10, 2015
  • Boston
  • The intro zone is set before the war. You and your family are lowered into the vault as the bombs fall. You wake up 200 years later as the sole survivor of Vault 111.
  • The main character is voiced.
  • Roughly the same period as the other newer games. Set 10 years before New Vegas.
  • All the worthless crap can be scrapped for parts which can be used to build new items in the world. Build a house, power generator, water and food sources. Turrets, lighting, etc.

As you improve your settlement(s), travelers will come. Merchants who come to your base can carry some of the best gear. More improvements also means more bandit attackers. Defense will be a big part of the experience.
  • Improved crafting system allows you to create unique weapons. Create an automatic rocket launcher with a scope, a baseball bat with blades, etc.
  • Dog can fetch objects you point to with your reticle.
  • Pip Boy games. Already shown: re-skinned Fallout versions of Donkey Kong and Missile Command.
  • For the first time ever in a Bethesda game, enemy bodies register bullet impact. Grenade throws also look less clumsy. Hopefully combat isn't the worst part of the game anymore.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Return to “General Discussions”