2015 Game Releases

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: 2015 Game Releases

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:32 pm

M.Steiner
SL33PY wrote:The only single player game that I currently have on my list is The Witcher 3
Not looking forward to anything else this year?
There's so many as well!.. MGSV, the PC release of GTA V, Batman: Arkham Knight, Star Wars: Battlefront from DICE, The Division, Rainbow Six: Siege... so many more ofc, I'm just picking a few out. Annnnd if you get a PS4 at some point too there's Uncharted 4, The Order: 1886, Until Dawn, Rime & Bloodborne to be excited about as well (Final Fantasy XV too if we get it this year), all of which look fantastic I think. Really excited for this years line-up :)
Oh and as SimCity fan you'll probably be interested in this here - Cities: Skylines :thumb:

Will drop these in whilst I'm posting:
What a great trailer!
Loving the look of this too.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:41 pm

Zephir
Anubis wrote:Homeworld Remastered is very very tempting...

Can't believe how long it's been since I was first playing the originals... I feel old!

Nooooo the collectors edition makes it even more desirable

"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think Homeworld is all I'll buy this month. My backlog is so long right now that buying anything else would be foolish...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:05 pm

M.Steiner
It has been a while coming but République is finally coming to PC this month too btw :D (Feb 26th, have added it to the list.

Screenies: Assassin's Creed: Rogue will be coming to PC on March 10th too :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:40 pm

M.Steiner

10 days to go!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:27 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Well, with The Order being confirmed at being only five hours long, I'm suddenly a lot less interested in a PS4 in the short term...

I'd been debating whether to get the PS4 or upgrade the PC first. Pretty sure it'll be the latter now.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:24 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Well, with The Order being confirmed at being only five hours long, I'm suddenly a lot less interested in a PS4 in the short term...

I'd been debating whether to get the PS4 or upgrade the PC first. Pretty sure it'll be the latter now.
Playtime is always going to vary from person to person, playstyle and the difficultly level being played at but I've been following all of these reports as well. I haven't kept up with the posts today but I saw a list of maybe 7-8 people yesterday who have played it and had quoted completion times ranging from 9hrs up to around 14hrs so a <5hr playthrough is probably going to be for those rushing their way through it, not collecting things, not reading much, running from A to B etc. People like Lirik will have it played it next to no time as well as he does just this when he's streaming. Like he finished Shadow of Mordor either the day he started streaming it or the day after, whereas the rest of us were still playing it some days, weeks later. I'm betting most of us will have a 9-10hr experience with The Order which I'd be totally fine with. We shall see.

BioShock Infinite was quite similar I would say. The story aside which was anything but, the gameplay and level design were on the linear side of things. If you were going through Infinite without taking everything in, running everywhere, not reading shit and really paying attention then you could get through it pretty fast. I wouldn't class it as a short game though.

Also, when I did my replay of Grim Fandango and I was rushing my way through it for the achievements I'd missed it took me less than 5hrs to complete too, but to report Grim as being a 5hr game because one can complete it in such a short amount of time would be doing it a disservice.

All being said, I'll be getting my copy on friday so I will try and time how long it takes me to complete and let you know. I'll be disappointed if I too end up completing it in 5hrs or less but I suspect (and hope) not. Looking forward to playing it :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:47 am

M.Steiner
Screenshots are compressed so take that into account. Looks a lot better in person :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Played 1hr 30min of it this evening. Liking it so far :)
Will see what tomorrow brings.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:33 pm

M.Steiner
Last week of Feb this week. March coming up!
  • MARCH GAME RELEASES
  • Helldivers (3rd/4th) [PS3/PS4/Vita]
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (3rd/4th) [Vita]
  • White Night (3rd/4th)
  • Screamride (3rd/6th) [XBO/360]
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Episode 2, 3 & 4 (4th, 11th & 18th)
  • Zombie Army Trilogy (6th)
  • Cities: Skylines (10th) [PC]
  • Assassin's Creed: Rogue (10th) [PC]
  • DmC: Definitive Edition (10th) [PS4/XBO]
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (11th) [PC/XBO]
  • Sid Meier's Starships (12th) [PC]
  • Oceanhorn (17th)
  • Battlefield Hardline (17th/19th)
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (17th/20th) [PS4/XBO]
  • Final Fantasy XV Demo: Episode Duscae (17th/20th) [PS4/XBO]
  • Mario Party 10 (20th) [WiiU]
  • Ride (20th)
  • Bloodborne (24th/27th) [PS4]
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (24th/27th) [PS4/XBO]
  • Grand Theft Auto V (24th) [PC][/strike]
  • Pillars of Eternity (26th) [PC]
  • Toukiden: Kiwami (27th/31st) [PS4/Vita]

A packed month ahead that's for sure. Which titles are you guys interested in playing? Which will be a day one must for you? which will you be picking up some other time?
Me?, let's see...

Interested but will buy later
Haven't pre-ordered but will get in March
Already pre-ordered or pre-purchased

• Helldivers - I'm interested in this but with there being so many other releases in March I won't be buying it straight away. Will pick it up later on in the year.
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines - I haven't touched my Vita in quite a while now (I usually save it for evening play in the living room but manga made its way into that spot) but I've got my eye on this JRPG for when I start playing it again. Got a lovely Okami-esque look going on which I especially like but it's not going to be something I buy in March but again later on in the year probably.
  • White Night - Absolutely love the noir look of this, really unique and refreshing style. I haven't pre-ordered it or anything but this may be the first game I play in March.
  • Cities: Skylines - Couldn't be more hyped for this if I tried. Despite its flaws I did like SimCity 2013 but the main problem for me was always the city size. It was basically SimTown at the end of the day. Cities: Skylines on the other hand actually looks to deliver what I'd hoped we'd get with a new installment of SC and lots more on top of it. Pre-purchased it the same day they announced the release date. Will be there day one.
  • Assassin's Creed: Rogue - This & Unity didn't review all that well but despite this being developed for last-gen (which is a little off-putting for me I'll admit) I'd still like to try and judge it for myself. They're still charging full whack for it though so I'll probably wait for some deals or the price to go down before I buy it. I don't fancy paying 40 quid for a last-gen AC in a month like this.
  • Ori and the Blind Forest - Really beautiful looking game and one of my highlights from last years E3. Will definitely buy in March.
  • Oceanhorn - Haven't been following this for very long but it looks super cute. Not something I'm desperate to play asap though so it'll be another to look at later in the year.
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - A darker/more serious FF?. Count me in. That being said - see FFXV demo below*
  • Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae - I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been sucked into doing this but one of the main reasons I pre-ordered Type-0 HD and not stick that on my "buy later" list was because of the FFXV demo it comes with. Said demo won't be releasing separately so the only way to play it is to pre-order and get a first-run copy of Type-0. I'm interested in Type-0 too ofc but I won't deny that this was a major selling point for me getting it sooner than I probably would have.
  • Bloodborne - One of my most anticipated releases of 2015. Already pre-ordered but I'm planning to play GTA V PC first, this second.
  • Grand Theft Auto V PC - Already played this on the PS3 but it's more than worth an upgrade to PC. By far the greatest GTA yet, my GOTY for 2013 and honestly one of the best games I've ever played. Can't wait to re-experience it on PC with all the added extras and improvements it brings. Pre-purchased it from Steam last month so already own it. I never played the online side of GTA V on PS3 either so I intend to give this a try on PC after I'm done with the SP, maybe a few of us could try it together? :) [Edit: GTA V PC has been delayed again to April 14th. It will however be arriving with the much anticipated online heists.]
  • Pillars of Eternity - Backed the Kickstarter back in 2012 so I'll get given a copy of this for release day too. That being said I'll be putting it to the back of my play list for when I'm done with the others. Did the same with DA:I last year, being an RPG and all.
Undecided on Resident Evil: Revelations 2. I never played the first one (other than a demo which didn't do much for me) but these seem to be more like a return to its roots than RE6 was for example. I may be tempted to pick this up later in the year during one of the sales though perhaps, we'll see. For now though? skipping.

Battlefield would normally have been on my list and a day one purchase too but I'll be skipping Hardline unfortunately. Honestly the weakest entry in the series to date imo and not something I would recommend buying for its multiplayer. If you didn't try the beta for yourself then take my advice and do the same. Buy BF4 instead if you don't already own it or just stick with it if you do. It's a far better game. Imo.
Single player does still look very promising however (which isn't surprising as that's what they're good at) and if they deliver what they're promising with that (a non-linear, choice driven experience) it could be very good for the genre. A release day buy at full retail when it's likely to be short (assuming since most FPS campaigns are) and March has so much more to offer though?. Skipping. May buy it later just for the SP but only when it's a lot cheaper.

- Project CARS would have been on there as a "buy later" too but it has been delayed a few weeks and will now release in April.

How about the rest of ya?
(These posts take me a while to do with all the formatting and gathering of dates etc so do join in! ;))

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:55 am

SL33PY
Well,

I'm not interested in any of the games listed. As I said before, the only SP game that currently holds a real interest with me is The Witcher 3 which is due sometime in may (unless it gets delayed further).

In march I will attend Eve Fanfest for the second time and this time QuantumDelta will be joining me. My wife will stay home this year :)

A colleague of mine will also join, but he'll be traveling to Iceland for the parties.

Currently I'm fully into Eve Online mode. I'm having the most fun in EVE since a very long time, losing ships, but also making sure other people lose theirs :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:39 pm

M.Steiner
I'm still surprised there are not more of you interested in Cities: Skylines to be quite honest, especially after SimCity. Or maybe people are just being cautious as to not be disappointed by it, I dunno. What drew you guys to SC but not Skylines?.
Seriously though, I've been following it very closely now for a good few months and the issues we had with SimCity are not an issue in Cities: Skylines. Skylines looks to play much like the SC classics did and is basically what we should have gotten with SC 2013. I think it's gonna be real great :)
SL33PY wrote:I'm having the most fun in EVE since a very long time, losing ships, but also making sure other people lose theirs :)
lol.
You should bring your avenger along for some Star Citizen co-op when you have time dude. I've been trying to encourage people who have backed the game to come join us in there (mainly just BD & I, but Kahn has been in too) but nobody has yet.

What about the rest of you? :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:46 pm

M.Steiner
So have any of you been playing the Homeworld Remastered Collection at all? Zeph perhaps?
I never played the originals before and didn't really give this remastered release much attention before (being how picky I am with this stuff hehe) but the more I see of it the more appealing it becomes. Thinking about picking that up at some point, good idea?. Might be April though given how much is coming out this month lol.

White Night out tomorrow in the US / Wed for EU. That'll be my first game for this month.
Then Cities: Skylines and Ori and the Blind Forest for me next week. The embargo for Skylines is due to be lifted tomorrow I believe so we should start seeing more of that later on tomorrow and throughout the week I hope. Still super excited for that.
Mentioned in another post from earlier today but I may record some footage of these (and perhaps the FFXV demo & Bloodborne) for YouTube. We'll see :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Homeworld and Homeworld 2 were absolutely superb games and I'd recommend them to anyone. FS2 was better though, so you should really play that first :p

I haven't bought the collection yet myself, but as soon as TPP finishes and I get back to regularly scheduled gaming, I will be :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 pm

NF
Arbiter
Homeworld 1 & 2 were amazing games back in the day and by the sounds of it the remastered versions are even more awesome.. particularly interested in getting in to the multiplayer again.

Also there is a huge mod community and they're all frantically updating their mods to work with the new version.
NF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:18 am

Whizbang
If I had money to spare I'd have snatched up HW/HW2 in a heartbeat. Amazing games in their time and the remastered versions look amazeballs. If you've not played before, GO BUY NOW!
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:16 pm

M.Steiner
Will definitely pick the collection up then in that case!. Maybe for my birthday next month :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:08 pm

esd
Screamride on Xbox looks amusing.

And yes, I do check in here regularly you PM-spamming hoard! Just coz I don't say much doesn't mean I'm not looking in!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:26 pm

SL33PY
Don't you worry, Anubis nerfed the pm spamming function; it's no longer available :mad: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:Don't you worry, Anubis nerfed the pm spamming function; it's no longer available :mad: :lol:
I blame BD for this, since his replies last time started complaints about spam :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:12 pm

BlackDove
I ADMIT NOTHING

NOTHING

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:19 am

M.Steiner
Out the day after Cities: Skylines :D
(March 11th - PC too.)
Beautiful.

And our latest YouTube upload:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:56 pm

M.Steiner
M.Steiner wrote:
(March 11th - PC too.)
Beautiful.
Reviews are in:

Twinfinite - 5/5
GameInformer - 9.5/10
Destructoid - 9.5/10
VentureBeat - 9.5/10
GamingTrend - 9.5/10
ShackNews - 9/10
EGM - 9/10
Gamespot - 9/10
Polygon - 9/10
GameSided - 9/10
Post Arcade - 9/10
Kotaku - Yes
IGN - 8.5/10
US Gamer - 4/5
GamesRadar - 4/5
Game Revolution - 4/5
DigitalChumps - 7/10

Reviews for Cities: Skylines should be appearing very shortly too so I'll post them up when they appear as well :)
[Edit: I'm posting reviews over in the Skylines thread here]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:55 am

M.Steiner
Bloodborne reviews:

Jimquisition - 10/10
God is a Geek - 10/10
Falcon Kick - 10/10
DigitalSpy - 5/5
The Telegraph - 5/5
Gaming Age - A
GameInformer - 9.75/10
GameTrailers - 9.6/10
CGM - 9.5/10
RPG Fan - 9.5/10
Gaming Trend - 9.5/10
EGM - 9.5/10
PSU - 9.5/10
Bloody Disgusting - 9.5/10
Next-Gen Gaming - 9.5/10
Games.it - 9.5/10
GamesVillage.it - 9.3/10
Destructoid - 9/10
Metro - 9/10
Gaming Nexus - 9/10
Gamezone - 9.10
NeoSeeker - 9/10
New Gamer Nation - 9/10
Gamespot - 9/10
MMORPG - 9/10
Post Arcade - 9/10
GameReactor - 9/10
VentureBeat - 9/10
RPGSite - 9/10
PlayStation Lifestyle - 9/10
Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5
GamesRadar - 4.5/5
Tom's Guide - 4.5/5
Attack of the Fanboy - 4.5/5
The Escapist - 4.5/5
NZGamer - 8.9/10
Cheat Code Central - 4/5
Game Revolution - 4/5

etc....

I think it's safe to say that Bloodborne is good haha
Roll on friday (UK release) :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Those look amazingly positive. Wasn't expecting acclaim to that extent!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/26/batman- ... nly-in-uk/

Really upset at this :( Wanted to complete my collection...

Return to “General Discussions”