What games do you want to multiplayer in

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

What games do you want to multiplayer in

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:11 pm

SL33PY
Very similar thread to the MMO one, except this is for multiplayer games (64 people max). I split the two because I believe that MMO's are generally played over much larger timeframes than multiplayer sessions of a certain game.

What games would you love to play in multiplayer, with our group? Try to be as precise as possible, include the platform and also preferable UTC gametime slots. It has little use to agree upon a game with 5 people if you can never play it together :)

Let's do this! :thumb:

I'm not much of a MP player myself, but I may be swayed otherwise :p

Possible examples:

GTA V, BF4, CoD, ...

Re: What games do you want to multiplayer in

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 pm

Isileth
While only 2 player I have recently gotten into Hearthstone if anyone else is interested in some friendly matches, also I would love to try out XCOM Unknown in multiplayer, I've heard its quite fun. I'm always up for some TF2 as well.

I'm sure there are plenty more as well, not tried the multiplayer component in most games I get for SP tbh, be nice to get a bit more fun and value out of them :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:04 pm

M.Steiner
Great threads, I was going to bring this subject up myself after the arbiter election too hehe ;)

I think a lot of the time we have found ourselves "waiting for X MMO to come along" before trying to set something up together, which is fine at the end of the day but we often miss out on other opportunities to play stuff together in smaller groups inbetween I think. Plenty of the games we play for their single player campaigns come with some kind of co-op and/or multiplayer mode on top of that. A mode which (for some of us) would probably go ignored for the most part. They don't need to be and we could be making use of those as a group, even if it's just a bunch of us playing 2 player co-op of something and then posting about it later, any activity is good activity.

Battlefield 4 is a good example I think. Besides buying the game itself (and the extra map packs with premium if one wants) there's no subscription fees involved, no steep learning curves, no gameplay restrictions preventing us from playing together (like player levels or gear in an MMO, or rating brackets etc), no server restrictions (though ping is still something to be aware of ofc) and really just the type of game that is both quick and easy to jump in and out of. Sure it's not really a game you'd go around recruiting people in as matches aren't very long and you don't get to know people the same way as you do in an MMO for example but it's still something we could have been playing together in smaller groups on the side, whilst visibly flying the SSX tag infront of our names.

I don't tend to play BF4 (PC) now as much as I did on release but I still have it installed and jump back in for a few matches every now and then. Some of the upcoming games I'm getting which have co-op/multi in too are: Driveclub (PS4), Assassin's Creed Unity (PC), CoD: AW (PS4 or PC), Far Cry 4 (PC) & GTA V (PC). I may get Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PC) and Project CARS (PC) at the end of the year as well but I haven't decided yet.

Another game I thought of just recently is FIFA. I can't stand it myself (football that is) but I know there's a few of you here who can't get enough of the stuff. Might be a potential game for you footie lovers to think about playing together casually sometime?. Just a thought :)

Anyway, playing some of these smaller MP/co-op games together will be good I think. Whilst increasing our group gaming activity it will also help fuel the forums with discussion and our sites with new content. If people then discover us through one of our other sites like Facebook, Twitter & YouTube we'll have something to show for it when they come back here (not just our history, but the present too).
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Whilst I'm mainly an SP gamer these days, I'm generally happy to play some MP stuff with people when we organise it. Had some great Starcraft games with MS and Ava in the past, for example :)

Upcoming games-wise, I'm very interested in Star Citizen and will definitely be getting that and playing it with others here (looking at you BD) when it gets closer to release (maybe even sooner). Also, if we want to do some SSX Assassings Creed Unity co-op I wouldn't say no once I finish the SP campaign. When I get a PS4, FIFA 15 among other games will also be available for me to play.

As for stuff I already have...broadly pick anything provided I've completed the SP side and enjoyed it. Starcraft 2, FIFA 13 (PS3), Football Manager 2013 or 2014, even Freespace 2 all spring most prominently to mind. I'll probably not say no if others have suggestions though...
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:28 pm

SL33PY
can you multiplayer with fm2013/2014?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SL33PY wrote:can you multiplayer with fm2013/2014?
Yes! We've talked about it a lot in IRC before but never actually done it.

Personally I think it's because Mech's afraid to face my rampant Arsenal sides ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:21 pm

M.Steiner
Since it is only 3 weeks away is there anyone here who has pre-ordered the new CoD game? Or thinks they might give it a try?
I'm going to be getting it for the multiplayer and something to casually play on the side of my SP games but haven't nailed down a platform just yet. I had originally decided on the PS4 (which I have a pre-order for) since I hadn't upgraded at that point and the console servers are bound to be more active but I've been thinking about switching that to PC now instead. Anyone here looking to get it too? which platform?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:55 pm

SL33PY
The jury is still out for the next CoD in general I'm a PC gamer first then PS3 gamer (until Sony shrinks the die and price on the PS4)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Unless you guys fancy some retro CoD 1 multiplayer, you're unlikely to find me near a CoD game I'm afraid :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:32 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Unless you guys fancy some retro CoD 1 multiplayer, you're unlikely to find me near a CoD game I'm afraid :lol:
I never thought I'd be playing a space game either lol ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Kon
As it stands, the only multiplayer games I've been playing are Red Orchestra 2, Rift, FIFA World (F2P on Origin), and Just Cause 2. The Just Cause 2 MP mod is a one-click ~50 MB installation on Steam.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 am

Isileth
Definitely give me a slap in irc next time you fancy some Just Cause 2 multiplayer Kahn.

I have never tried the multiplayer, but I do have it installed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:49 pm

M.Steiner
I have pre-ordered the new CoD for PC so (assuming it doesn't suck) I should be playing the multiplayer of that along side the other upcoming releases I have pre-ordered. Feel free to come join me if any of you decide to get it too! (Ava is getting it as well) :)
GMG have the physical day one standard edition for £32.99 btw. Good deal considering it is 40 quid most other places and it is Activision. Tis out on Nov 3rd if you pre-order (4th for everyone else) so just over a week away :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hey Isi, just curious as to what your thoughts on Hearthstone are? Worth a look?

I've been watching the odd stream or two lately, and it's caught my eye but it's obviously not too deep a game compared to the other eSports like SC2.

Is it worth a pickup would you say, and does it tire quickly, or...?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Isileth
Well considering its totally free to play I would say you cant really lose. You can buy packs and "adventures" with cash but every single thing can also be bought using ingame gold. And frankly its the only game I have ever played where thats actually a legitimate option. I have already purchased all the adventures using ingame gold which are priced at £17.49 if you buy them all together.

Its by far the best card game out there in my opinion, so well polished and just extremely good core mechanics. I'm always watching on stream even when im not playing. If you are interested in watching some more the Blizzcon World Championship starts today on http://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone. Right now they are just rebroadcasting the regional qualifiers.

No sign of me getting tired of it either, really enjoying it, even more as I get new cards and more into the metagame. Give me a shout if you choose to try it out and we can have some friendly games and I can offer you some help as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Hmmm, interesting! Thanks :) The idea of all content being buyable ingame makes checking it out very appealing to me, since I've not blown any money if I don't enjoy playing.

Think I may pick it up and try a few games out sometime this week - hopefully after I finish Alien. Will give you a shout if/when I do!

As for WCS, I probably will end up watching a bit, but since it's running at Blizzcon I think it'll probably be running alongside the SC2 WCS Finals which command my attention first :( Will check the schedule though!

Return to “General Discussions”