Online Gaming Bargains

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: today on Steam (and other online gaming deals)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:20 pm

SL33PY
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/be/en/p ... e/#item-s3

Rockstar bundle for €19.53

Edit: the full list
  • Bully Scholarship
    Bully: Scholarship Edition takes place at the fictional New England boarding school, Bullworth Academy and tells the story of mischievous 15-year-old Jimmy Hopkins as he goes through the hilarity and awkwardness of adolescence. Beat the jocks at dodge ball, play pranks on the preppies, save the nerds, kiss the girl and ultimately navigate the social hierarchy in the worst school around.
  • Manhunt
    They just killed Cash. Now, they want to kill him again.

America is full of run down, broken rust-belt towns where nobody cares and anything goes. In Carcer City, nothing matters anymore and all that's left are cheap thrills. The ultimate rush is the power to grant life and take it away, for sport. This time James Earl Cash, you are the sport.

They gave you your life back. Now, they are going to hunt you down.

You awake to the sound of your own panicked breath. You must run, hide and fight to survive. If you can stay alive long enough, you may find out who did this to you.

This is a brutal blood sport.
  • Midnight Club 2
    The world’s most notorious drivers meet each night on the streets of LA, Paris, and Tokyo. Choose from the latest performance enhanced cars and bikes and compete head-to-head to make a name for yourself. There are no rules. Drive anywhere in the city. Find the fastest route to win. The cops know you are out there - don’t get caught.
  • Max Payne
    Max Payne is a man with nothing to lose in the violent, cold urban night. A fugitive undercover cop framed for murder and now hunted by cops and the mob. Max is a man with his back against the wall, fighting a battle he cannot hope to win. Prepare for a new breed of deep action game. Prepare for pain...
  • Max Payne 2
    Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne is a violent, film-noir love story. Dark, tragic and intense, the in-depth story is a thrill-ride of shocking twists and revelations. Love hurts.

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne delivers the most intense gameplay experience imaginable. The fierce, yet stylish action sequences and slow-motion gunplay that has become synonymous with Max Payne is back and better than ever. New and enhanced moves and options provide breathtaking cinematic game play. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne raises the bar on action games all over again.
  • Max Payne 3
    For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.
  • Max Payne Rockstar Pass
    Purchase the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass and get access to all add-on content packs for Max Payne 3 for one discounted price.
  • LA Noire Complete
    A dark and violent crime thriller, set against the backdrop of 1940’s Los Angeles and utilizing revolutionary new facial animation technology, L.A. Noire blends the breathtaking action of chases and shootouts with true detective work including interrogations and clue-finding, as newly-minted officer Cole Phelps embarks on a desperate search for truth in a city where everyone has something to hide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:00 pm

M.Steiner
Don't think I've posted about these before but were any of you aware of the GMG/Playfire Rewards Beta?

Incase not: Basically you login to the Playfire site with your GMG account, link your steam account and then go on playing your steam games as normal. Every day or so they'll post a list of games and achievements which are eligible for rewards (which stay active for a couple of days before new ones get added). Playing these games whilst they're active and unlocking the achievements they have listed will then reward you with GMG credits to spend on the store. (This is playing for the first time that is, so I don't think it works if you link your accounts after you have already earned said achievements.)
Many of the eligible games have been new releases too which have gone live alongside a games EU launch day. South Park and Thief just recently. Achievement credits seem to vary from around 5p to 50p, some games even rewarding just for playing the game for the first time. It doesn't sound much on paper but I've already earned a fiver in GMG credits and I haven't even been following the rewards that closely. Couple these with their already great deals and they're often unbeatable. You'll even earn a quid just for linking your steam account and signing up to their newsletter. Worth trying out if you haven't done so already! :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:32 pm

M.Steiner
Doubt there will be much interest for this but what the hell. Pre-orders for WildStar have opened today.

Pre-ordering either edition of the game gets you:
· 3 Day Head Start
· Access to WildStar Beta Weekends
· Exclusive Rocket House
· Housing Trophy
· In-game Storage Bag
· Pre-Order Title
· Name and Guild registration

Standard edition contents:
· 30 days of play time
· 3 guest passes with 7 days of playtime each
· Housing Décor Item
£28.00 with discount*

Deluxe edition has the same as the standard edition plus:
· Eldan themed hoverboard mount
· Eldan augmentation costume
· Special Eldan title
· Eldan colored dye for your armor
£40.00 with discount*

http://www.greenmangaming.com

* Use "PLOCVS-G2T5YX-DATY6M" at checkout to get them at these discounted prices. Code expires next monday (24th).
You can also pre-order from the official site too but for full price.
It should be mentioned as well that the game does not have cross-region play unfortunately. It is like WoW. If you buy a EU copy of the game you'll play on EU servers.

Undecided as to whether I'll be pre-ordering myself or not. This game has remained quite high up my list for the year as some of you will know, and I'd hoped I'd be able to interest enough people here so that we could have perhaps started a new group together once it launched. Since I haven't really managed to do that on either occasion... coupled with the lack of cross-region support, I'm not so sure now. Bit of a bummer really.
Maybe I'll pre-order later and have another attempt at gathering interest via the 3 guest passes but I dunno whether I want to risk that to potentially end up playing by myself. Could find another guild to play with ofc but they're never the same as one of our own groups and this place could do with a new one. hmm.
Game launches on June 3rd worldwide.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:10 am

M.Steiner
Forgot to post this yesterday but GMG currently have a sale on: 7 Days of Deals
"3VUROJ-VOU4IC-RHVA7N" can be used to knock a further 10% off the already discounted prices too :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:11 pm

SL33PY
If you buy some swag over at the ubisoft workshop use the "850bOa7566" coupon code for a -10% on your order

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:00 pm

SL33PY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Worth it. Though 13 was still miles better.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:47 am

SL33PY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:41 am

SL33PY
I think the promotion ran out this morning... <censored>... I missed it (was 45€ for the special edition plus season pass)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 am

M.Steiner
There's a 20% off coupon here: OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC
but yeah, their 7 Days of Deals ended on Monday unfortunately.
However, GamersGate are having a Spring Sale atm too although I'm not sure for how much longer. May want to see if they have a deal for what you were after though just incase. They don't tend to do offer discount vouchers like GMG do, or at least I can never find any, but they sometimes have some good offers on too. Worth checking.

Outside of the big steam sales GMG are easily my favourite digital store nowadays and even during the sale times they are great competition. Very hard to beat.
Plus stuff like this:
25% off voucher unique to my account which they sent me through their newsletter recently and GMG store credit both from the Playfire rewards scheme I posted about here, plus a few game trade-ins I've done with them too. Didn't pay a penny. So good heh.

Also unrelated but what with the cancellation of World of Darkness just recently I thought this was kinda appropriate, they probably did too lol:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines £3.74
for the next 30hrs or so. Highly recommended :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:Also unrelated but what with the cancellation of World of Darkness just recently I thought this was kinda appropriate, they probably did too lol:
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines £3.74
for the next 30hrs or so. Highly recommended :thumb:
If anyone who doesn't own it already fails to pick this up, let shame forever follow them! Amazing game!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:50 pm

M.Steiner
haha. Definitely worth picking up, yep. Been a while since I last played it but I'd still class it as one of my top RPGs. Amazing game indeed :)

Courtesy of Syn'n on Steam:
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad FREE on Steam for the next 24hrs :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:16 pm

M.Steiner
Watch Dogs Season Pass £12.80 £15.99
with the following discount voucher: FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY
Works with the Uplay version of the game (not steam) which I believe is what the retail copies will use too.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:51 am

SL33PY
Don't I already own all those things with the dedsec edition? I'm confused now

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:58 pm

M.Steiner
Don't think so.
We have the 3 additional missions for Aiden (the breakthrough, signature shot and palace packs), and we look to have some of those 5 outfits though maybe not all as I don't believe I've seen that red one before?. Also as far as I'm aware, the T-Bone single player campaign and the conspiracy mini-game will be new too.

I used up the last of my GMG credit towards it (plus the voucher) so got it for just £4 something :)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:59 pm

SL33PY
GRRRr I'll think about it.. might ping ubi on twitter for it

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:34 pm

SL33PY

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 pm

M.Steiner
Murdered: Soul Suspect | £16.87
When using "9HZ09L-D4RYEU-FIW8BE" at checkout

You can use the same discount code (it's 25% off) against Wolfenstein: The New Order, WildStar (both standard and deluxe editions), Dark Souls II, Tropico 5 and a couple of others too.
Code expires tomorrow at 5pm BST though so be quick. Their 25% off vouchers are not usually as common as the others they do.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:15 pm

Padishar
Bioshock Infinite and Dragon Age: Origins are on Steam's Weekend Sale & Super Meatboy is on today's :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:42 am

M.Steiner
Linked on IRC (and some of you may already know from e-mail alerts) but: https://www.humblebundle.com/
New bundles every day for 2 weeks ^^
"Every 24 hours beginning May 13 at 11 a.m. Pacific Time, we will feature a brand new daily bundle. Expect some unique bundles curated specifically for this event. You will also see special deals on games packaged with great extras. We are also opening up the vault and bringing back some bundles for one-night-only reunion shows and kicking off this festival with one of our favorites."
Should be good!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:11 am

M.Steiner
Free copy of Rush Bros. courtesy of GMG.
Here (whilst stocks last)
:thumb:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:10 am

Isileth
Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:56 pm

M.Steiner
Plants vs. Zombies Free on Origin right now too.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:00 am

SL33PY
I know, I just forgot to mention it :D I guess EA wants more users on Origin and is handing out their old shit in order to achieve more market share

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Isileth
Sniper Elite V2 is free for 24 hours on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380/

Return to “General Discussions”