SSX Giveaway!

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

SSX Giveaway!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 pm

M.Steiner
Who here hasn't played Sleeping Dogs yet and hasn't just bought it during the Christmas sales? - If this applies to you please read on!

Steam had a pricing mistake on this title earlier this evening when they were switching over to the weekend encore sales so I snagged a giftable copy for one of you guys as quick as I could. I bought Sleeping Dogs at release myself (my thoughts on it above if you click the thumbnails) but I know a lot of you have yet to play it so here's your chance to grab a free copy on me.

Small print:
- SSX only. The giveaway is only open to SSX members and not random sign-ups looking for freebies.
- DLC is not included. This is just the main game.
- This may have originally started out as a True Crime game but do not let that put you off playing this. Those games were trash, Sleeping Dogs is not.
- Please check the system requirements to make sure your machine can run this before you enter. Would be a shame to gift it to someone who it later turns out can't even play it.
- No catch. I don't expect anything in return.

This wasn't one of my top games of 2012 personally but it's a bloody great game all the same and features one of the best melee combat systems of any game I've played (Arkham aside).
Square Enix put a love of love into the PC version too with DX11 stuff, high-res textures etc so it's a really nice port. My screenshots don't do it much justice really as they're compressed jpgs, unlike the later screenies I started taking in Dishonored, AC3 etc. If you can run this at max it looks spectacular.

So. Those of you who haven't played this yet and haven't just bought a copy during the sales - Simply quote the following in your reply to enter:
"I would like to enter for a chance to win a free copy of Sleeping Dogs on PC!"

For each person who does that I'll assign a number from 1 to however many of you there are. Then on the date of closing (will decide this later depending on interest) I'll use a random number generator to pick out a winner. <- Unless I think of another way to randomly select a winner that is!

Good luck & Happy New Year! :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: SSX Giveaway!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I fit the criteria, but you've already given me enough for one year ;)

This is mighty generous of you though. You are very much appreciated.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:43 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I fit the criteria, but you've already given me enough for one year ;)
Don't worry about that mate. Tis cool, honestly :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 am

Syn'n
I thought about it, but refrained from getting it. I fit criteria too.. more or less..
M.Steiner wrote:"I would like to enter for a chance to win a free copy of Sleeping Dogs on PC!"
and stuff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 am

Kon
MS really should change his handle to Father Christmas. ;)

Quite the nice gift too. I'll probably grab Sleeping Dogs down the line, but I'm sure there's someone around here who would be more than happy to give it a whirl now.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

M.Steiner
heh :)
Originally I did have another giveaway planned instead which I was going to do on New Years Eve/Day but that went outta the window unfortunately.

GamersGate had a crazy pricing mistake on Borderlands 2 recently too, and I mean insane. I even managed to submit an order & successfully pay for it too since the site was crawling at the time as word was getting around, kept timing out and refusing to load or go through the checkout. The offer wasn't up for too long either as you can imagine which was why I didn't bother posting about it in the steam thread. Would have gone by the time anyone read.
It was a 4-pack of Borderlands 2 to be precise, which their system had mistakenly decided to apply the discount to not once but four times over. £6 something for 4 copies, all which redeemed on steam :lol: (this 4-pack costs £89.99/$179.99 normally and even now with 50% off for the weekend encore sale it's £44.99/$89.99 lol)
Unfortunately they cancelled & refunded those orders instead of honoring them but it was my original plan to have a giveaway for all of those instead since I couldn't individually gift everyone. Hardly surprisng though as a pricing mistake like that would most likely have put them in the red so I can't say I blame em. Shame hehe.

Sleeping Dogs is great though and I personally enjoyed that a lot more than Borderlands 2 if I'm honest. It looks better too.
Thought a giveaway would be fun though and spark a bit of forum buzz at the same time :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 am

SL33PY
I played the game, and it is really good

Thanks Father MS for the gifts :p

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

M.Steiner
Anymore interest?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
If you're pushed for numbers I'll throw my hat into the ring, but only in that instance.

Would rather it go to someone else who hasn't already had a Christmas present from you heh :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

M.Steiner
Those people are yet to reply hehe.
Will close this on Sat I think, will have been up for a week then. Atm it will be going to Syn'n but if anyone else comes along and quotes the line before it closes I'll do the random number draw like I outlined (with Syn'n being #1 since he was the first person to enter) :)
Sleeping Dogs is back to $50 on steam too now that the sales are over, nice saving indeed!

[Edit: and closed. Will send to Syn'n in a few minutes! - Sat 2pm]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Syn'n
Thanks MS. Now maybe I can tear myself away from The Secret World for a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:21 pm

M.Steiner
No worries man. Hope you enjoy it when you get to playing! :thumb:
I have TSW installed already too but I'm gonna hold off on playing that for the time being. Slowly working my way through all the games I bought (and was gifted <3) during the sales atm. I know once I start TSW, assuming it is one which will continue to entertain me, will consume many hours of my time in comparison to a lot of these others titles heh. Already completed a few of them though so will get to it eventually hehe. Most notably Mark of the Ninja which I'd not only say is one of the best indie games I've played but another one of my favourite titles of 2012 as well. Really good. Finished Darksiders 2 yesterday too.

Return to “General Discussions”