KoToR II Restored Content Mod

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

KoToR II Restored Content Mod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 am

Stracius
Came across this beauty and am currently planning on loading up KoToR II again.

I could give a summary of what it is (if the mod name didn't give it away), but I'm lazy and someone else already did.

Anyone else come across/try it already? If not, enjoy.

Re: KoToR Restored Content Mod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Ash
I have heard of these type of projects, but never tried the Kotor 2 one.
Let us know how it goes, as I remember being highly annoyed that the Droid Plant wasn't covered
after all teh build up with HK-47.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I played this a couple of years ago and posted about it here.

Whilst the version has obviously changed since then, I will note that I found it to be quite well done for the most part. The HK Factory particularly was very enjoyable, and a lot of the side content they restored was good (if lacking a bit of polish).

The sole exception, sadly, was Malachor - which felt even MORE unfinished and bitty than in the retail version (which I hadn't thought possible), with half the content I was expecting being quite a letdown. TSLRP seemed to have the handle on Malachor a lot better - was a great shame that project collapsed when it was so close to being done.

So if you play it, don't expect every problem solving. It's good, and I'll use it again when I replay next, but it's still not perfect.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:51 am

Stracius
Ah, I must have missed that somehow. Next time I'll do a forum search first; I should have known you guys better.

I'm not expecting it to take an incomplete game and make it perfect, but I figure it can't make it any less than it already is. I also look forward to seeing at least the ideas of stuff they wanted to put into the game, but were ultimately unable to.

Re: KoToR II Restored Content Mod

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
A lot of the ideas are really good - it's only on the polish that I felt the project fell a little short in some areas. Even Malachor felt like polish/implementation issues - it just felt bitty and unstructured rather than having been weaved together into what the story was meant to be.

To be clear, that's certainly not a feeling I had for all of the restored content. Just bits, as a lot of it was done really well. And in fairness, a lot more polish may have been added in the two years since I played it :)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts if you try it anyway!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Apparently version 1.8 of the mod just released, if anyone has not played this yet :) It sounds like that may be the last version, so the mod may be considered 'complete' now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:56 am

Futile Resistance
Complete? Aaaaaand time to download and play :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Futile Resistance wrote:Complete? Aaaaaand time to download and play :)
Let me know how you find it. Would be interested to hear another view, 3-4 versions on from when I played it :)

Return to “General Discussions”