Arbiter Vote 2011

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Your choice for Arbiter 2011-2012

Poll ended at Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:42 am

Anubis
7%
Isileth
7%
Mechanus
33%
Messiah
27%
Stracius
27%

Total votes: 15

Arbiter Vote 2011

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:42 am

Stracius
We have five great candidates (In alphabetical order) - well, maybe four :D That last guy on the list is a bit shady, according to the rumours I started.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a tough election this year. I wish everyone luck, and if you're undecided about whom to vote for you can check out some info about the candidates here.
Last edited by Stracius on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: De-stickying

Re: Arbiter Vote 2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Come on guys, not long left. Vote vote vote :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:52 pm

Inquisitor
I voted :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:I voted :)
Remind me to give you a cookie next time I catch you on IRC ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:32 am

Stracius
Don't make me send out another mass PM. Vote!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:02 am

Kon
If a mass PM goes out ever again, I'm leaving and never coming back.

*Waits for Anubis to send the PM*
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
No more mass PMs, else I will have to turn off the functionality :p

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Slacker
I voted as well... no idea why some get bent out of shape over a mass PM or two... :shake:
<SSX-Anubis> Did you see the E3 trailer for Hot Pursuit btw?
<SSX-Anubis> That even has me a little tempted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:10 am

Stracius
We need more votes guys and gals. I'd extend the poll time, but I am unsure about whether that will reset the poll or not. And I'm pretty sure we have more than 13 people.

And be fair to our candidates. I'd disable the ability to view results before casting a vote if I could, but I don't know how.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:17 pm

M.Steiner
Stracius wrote:I'd extend the poll time, but I am unsure about whether that will reset the poll or not.
I've deleted it now but I just made a test poll to try this. Had myself and Ava vote on it, went back and extended it from 7 to 10 days and the votes remained with the new date.
Little disappointing that we'd have to. I mean, every arbiter poll we've had for the past 7 years has been for 1 week. It should be plenty of time really. Get voting people! :p
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Slacker
Like a provincial election we have here today in our province, most simply just don't give a crap to vote! :confused:

One would think it would be easier with this one online... oh well...
<SSX-Anubis> Did you see the E3 trailer for Hot Pursuit btw?
<SSX-Anubis> That even has me a little tempted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:...Little disappointing that we'd have to. I mean, every arbiter poll we've had for the past 7 years has been for 1 week...
Not true. We had to extend one for a few days a couple of years ago, when there was a tie between (I believe) Strac and myself. So there is precedent.

With regards to disabling View Results Strac, I am not sure that is possible. If it is, I've never seen the option I am afraid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:22 pm

M.Steiner
More to do with it being a tie though rather than because only 13 people hate voted? :p
We've had as many people vote on the TOR thread and that's just 1 group not the entire membership.

[Edit] Tied between 3 candidates now ^^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:We've had as many people vote on the TOR thread and that's just 1 group not the entire membership.
I think that's to be expected. Some people, and here I mean specifically people such as BD ( ;) ) do not believe the yearly Arbiter vote is necessary at present and is merely a waste of time - whether that view is right or not. I would not be surprised if these people haven't voted yet.

It's also true that we've had another year of mostly sleeping, and numbers are bound to drop during such periods. Whilst I don't like to see it, it doesn't necessarily surprise me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:00 am

Isileth
Personally I was hanging on till the very end so I could vote my myself and inflate my support if there was a clear winner. Sadly since its very close guess im going to be forced to actually pick someone for the job :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:27 am

Stracius
Isileth wrote:Personally I was hanging on till the very end so I could vote my myself and inflate my support if there was a clear winner. Sadly since its very close guess im going to be forced to actually pick someone for the job :(
That's precisely why I'd prefer the ability to view results prior to voting was disabled :p

Regardless, the poll has closed with the three way tie broken. Mechanus has been proudly elected as our new arbiter. My congrats and condolences, Mech (good luck on giving Anny the boot, btw)! :D

Thank you to everyone who took time to participate, including our other candidates.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Congrats Mech - great to see a new face in the post :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:15 pm

M.Steiner
Well, well, well.
Congratulations Mech! :thumb:
We had some really great candidates on the list this year and I do hope that both Isi & Mess get put into the running again in the future so they get the opportunity to be Arbiter too. But this result says a lot about us as a group I think and is a good thing. Willing to give people a chance if we believe they can do a good job, regardless of how long they've been with us. In the early days of SSX before Anny became arbiter and broke the chain the nominations were very predictable and we'd have never seen a poll like this. Really nice to see imo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:36 am

Cyma
Congratz Mech!

Sorry i could not vote.. I had quite a few change going.. But ya finally done with those and moved out from where i was to the other side of the country where the winter are cold =(
Huh?

Return to “Members”