Taking Advantage of Our New Resources

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Taking Advantage of Our New Resources

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:07 pm

W11chter
Since having this new board, should we not go crazy with it? I move for two new subforums: one for trade and technology, and one for foreign relations.
"Wenn der Herr die Stadt nicht bewacht, wacht der W11chter vergebens" (Psalm 127:1).

Re: Taking Advantage of Our New Resources

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Inquisitor
Seems reasonable to me :)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:40 am

Isileth
Yes I agree, would make it a lot cleaner in here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Kahn, or someone else, needs to drop a reply here with a list of the forums they want creating and an assessment of whether they'd be used or not. Then I'll consider the list and create some for you.

Just because we have the capacity, doesn't mean I want to clutter the database with empty forums that will never be used - show me why you need them, and you can have them ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 am

Isileth
Anny has said he will discuss with Kahn adding the new subforums. Scratch that looks like he beat me to it.

I went ahead and changed some of the announcements to stickies to help clean the top up a bit, obviously a few would be moved into subforums when that happens. Feel free to switch any around, I just left up what I thought was the most important of them, more likely to be noticed and read than before.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Kon
We definitely need a subforum for Embassies, so we can have many different alliances come here openly, and have their own separate threads, without them cluttering up our forum, or making them feel awkward by having their threads all jumbled up here with our own.

I don't think we really need a different forum for trade and tech dealing. Honestly, we don't have enough tech deals being posted to warrant a separate forum, and most of the discussion that takes place in here is about trade and the like. I think it would sap a lot of activity from here, while not being very productive on its own, and would make the CN section in general a bit of a ghost town.

As I said before, though, I really would like to see a Foreign Embassies forum. It's one of the main reasons that I personally was looking forward to the switch to phpBB3.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:01 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I'll create you an Embassies forum tomorrow then (since I'm about to log off for the night), as that is fair reasoning. Does anyone have any objections to my not making a Trade forum at the present time for the reasons stated? I should mention that not making one now does not necessarily mean we will never make on - it just means that it can wait till there is more activity, or more general discussion in the main forum.

Any more for any more whilst I'm at it? :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:59 am

Isileth
Yeah I agree with Kahn. As much as a trade forum would be nice we just don't have the volume right now to warrant it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:40 am

W11chter
Sounds good.
"Wenn der Herr die Stadt nicht bewacht, wacht der W11chter vergebens" (Psalm 127:1).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Just created the Embassies forum for you. Permissions etc *should* be right, but let me know if you guys have any issues. Still fully getting used to the new way to set things up on the Admin side :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:54 am

Isileth
Ta very much Anny.

I went ahead and moved some threads into it, feel free to move anymore if you think they belong there.

Return to “Cyber Nations”