More shammy help if possible....

Our US players can be found on the Mannoroth PVP server!

Moderators: Global Moderators, WoW =US= Moderators

More shammy help if possible....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:07 am

Ozone
KK, so I pretty much have all my totems and buffs for 62. But, I'm finding my bars loaded down with useless stuff. Want to, just for the moment, make a simple 'combo set' to drop in differing circumstances.

First, a bg - Buffwise I'm always up on Water or Lightning Shield (oft starting with Lightning, then, when down, shifting to Water, repeat ad infinitum), Windfury on both weapons (I'm dual wield), Shamanistic Rage and Gift of the Narru as available. I'm raking up dps and can drop 2-3 levels above with minimal effort, near level elites (equal or slightly lower on a one-on-one) are handleable.

Here's where the questions are:

As for totems, currently I've got set for PvE/PvP attack one me which occurs while I'm PvE'n:
1) Strength of Earth (earth)
2) Flamestrike (fire)
3) Healing Stream (air)
4) Frost (water)

For group Party I'm dropping:
1) Windfury (air)
2) Stoneskin (earth)
3) Mana Stream (water)

Don't have a PvP set yet.

So, any advice from the experienced on any better options or things I can add to the above? I'm experimenting atm and would appreciate any advice, but keep in mind I want to try to keep to a PvP set, a PvE set and a Party set, with 2-4 totems in each set.

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

Oz
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 pm

lili
What's your spec oz? I seriously recoment scorch totem the one that shot fire balls. The fire totems are really mana expensive. Not sure how much strengh of air gives a enhancement shammy more ap. And by frost (water) you mean your weapon buff? I find it that mana stream is even useful in soloing, but most of the time i find soloing that droping just scorch and mana stream or not dropping anything even i do fine esp when there's a lot of moving around. For pvp grounding is the best friend you can have.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70
Pocky Protection Pally 70

I didn't fall from grace, I dove.
What do you mean my halo is lopsided, it's balanced perfectly on my horns.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Ozone
KK, I'm an Enhance Shammy. Hiting the mid-60's I'm starting to use my totems a bit more often. Here's what I'm currently doing. It seems to be working OK but I'm wondering if there's any opinions for improvement.

PVE:
Totems: Magma (fireballs), Stoneclaw (distraction), Mana Spring
Tactics: Pull with lightning, drop totems as mob approaches, stormstrike, earthshock

PVP:
Totems: Tremor (fear removal), Grounding (spell distraction), Magma
Tactics: Go WTF!, panic, spin about a bit, drop totems, stormstrike, freeze (if rogue or warrior), earthshock (if mana user)

GROUP:
Totems: Windfury (buff all member weapons), Mana Spring, Fire Resist (as needed), Ice Resist (as needed)
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:25 pm

lili
Ozone wrote:KK, I'm an Enhance Shammy. Hiting the mid-60's I'm starting to use my totems a bit more often. Here's what I'm currently doing. It seems to be working OK but I'm wondering if there's any opinions for improvement.
PVE:
Totems: Magma (fireballs), Stoneclaw (distraction), Mana Spring
Tactics: Pull with lightning, drop totems as mob approaches, stormstrike, earthshock
Not sure if magna is the fireball one, but if it is, then that is the best if it's the aoe one then you'll find that you run out of mana a lot. Unless you pull way too many mobs, you can pretty much take stoneclaw off your bars. If you are shocking a lot then the wrath of air is better for you. Frost shock or fire shock is acutally better than earth shock unless you are only using earth shock to stop casters. When i was lvling I find that if I start with a lighting bolt then a frost shock folow by another lighting bolt and another frost shock by the time the mob gets to me they are very much close to dead even when you are enhancment. Of course this is single mob pulls and i usually drop scorch (fireballs) and mana srping and wrath of air. But honestly most of the time when they are singles I just go in without any totems and just start wacking. Works just fine for me. However if the mob is about 4 lvls high then you want to do the bolt, frost shock, bolt, frost shock thing with totems. Or if what you are trying to kill is an eliet. Soloing E's are pretty easy for shammys to do with all those totems.

PVP:
Totems: Tremor (fear removal), Grounding (spell distraction), Magma
Tactics: Go WTF!, panic, spin about a bit, drop totems, stormstrike, freeze (if rogue or warrior), earthshock (if mana user)
Again only use earch shock if they are casting something if they are not casting then it's a waste of mana. Rogues and warrior are best killed by a resto shammy (sorry) due to earth shield. I can solo a decked out rogue with a poision cleaning totem, earth shield, and frost shocks. To deal with the two classes cast interupts I fool them with mixing lighting bolts and healing spells so they are not always interupting my healing. Believe it or not your best friend during pvp is that you can heal yourself, but don't wait till you are one shot away from being dead to do it, keep yourself topped off as much as you can and since you are enhancement water shield is your best friend esp after they changed it.
GROUP:
Totems: Windfury (buff all member weapons), Mana Spring, Fire Resist (as needed), Ice Resist (as needed)
Of course just group dependent if you got no melee then don't bother with windfury. Or if your only melee is your tank then wrath of air is probably much better unless your tank has problems holding aggro. Resist totems are acutally not that useful untill you get to raiding instances with the exceptions of real resist heavy 5 men's. I can't really think of any off the top of my head. I don't think i droped a single resist totem until kara for shade and even then sometimes it's just better to do wrath of air, scorch, mana spring.

I have played other shammy speccs but for me resto is my shammy thing. I find that it might take me slightly longer to kill a mob, but I never die to them and i never get suprised by gankers. I have rogues and druids tried to kill me with a mob on me on multipul occasions and I always win. Another thing to think about as an enhancement shammy on raids is the tranquel air totem to decrease your threat. Enhancement shammy really ride the aggro line on the edge, of course you can't do it if the tank is in your group.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:10 pm

Ozone
Wooohooo, thanks! Following some of the advice over this last weekend, seems to be working quite well and conserving a considerable amount of mana while cranking out similar damage.

Only thing I'm playing about with now is switching between Strength of Earth and Wrath of Air Totems. When using WoA, my damage tends to drop a bit per hit but I seem to be connecting with a few more crits, easily compensating, plus the added dodge doesn't hurt either.

Thanks again :)

BTW, atm I'm loving the enhance shammy, I've got one heck of a dps going on and can easily PvE 3lvls above. The dual wield with windfury, shamanistic rage and flurry seems to be a great 'get in quick, kick ass, go have a beer' combo, plus the Shamanistic focus talent lets me drop shocks every 30 secs or so at 60% savings of mana.
If interested, here's my spec atm:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:15 am

lili
wrath of air won't give you much as an enhancement shammy cause it only increase spell hits and you are a melee shammy. the agi totem would be better for you to drop if you are going to bost your dps or the strenth totem. again i'm not sure how much increase you get from each totem.
Babydolly Frost Mage 70

Return to “=US= World of Warcraft”