Forum Registration

A place for us all come together to discuss general topics of interest. Want to chat about music, movies, news, real life, or a game that we don't have a group for? This is the place.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Forum Registration

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It has been brought to my attention (thanks go to Ed for this) that registration here on the forums seems to be broken currently, whether this is due to a conflict with a modification we recently installed or some other issue is not currently known.

KJ has kindly volunteered to look at the issue as soon as he can, so our thanks go to him in advance for this. I'll drop a reply into this thread when KJ has had a chance to look at the problem to keep you all updated.

For now, we are aware of the problem and we'll be resolving it as quickly as we can. If you know anyone who wants to register or has had problems registering in the past few days then please pass on our apologies and ask them to hold off for a few days until we get things back to normal. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:48 pm

SSX-Killjoy
The registration issue should be fixed now..
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Great, many thanks KJ :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:59 pm

Revonator
Earlier a guy from another LoTR-O kin tried to register and said it wasnt allowing him. Just a heas up. Sorry I dont know any more details.
"Mains" Revonator- lvl 60 Captain, Thorrz - lvl 60 Guardian, Hushai lvl 60 Champion, Revonater - lvl 60 Minstrel, Melwinn -lvl 49 Hunter
Kinship:~Defenders of the Greyflood~ Creeps: Revnakh- R5 Warg, Squatch - R6 WL, Squatchk - R6 BA, Squatckh - R4 Reaver
"Alter Egos" Revgar: Captian Leader and Founder of the kinship Training Dummies ~ Elrond: Elf Champion and member of Training Dummies

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:25 am

Inquisitor
He's probably not writing "Friendship" in the right fields :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Apparently not. Upon recieving other reports about this I've checked it out and the forum appears to be throwing db errors at anyone trying to register. I'll talk to KJ and see if he can take a look for us - for now, my apologies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Just to note KJ is now looking at this for us. Many thanks to him, hopefully we'll be sorted soon :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:30 pm

firedancer
hm, i would say no more ME for you until it is fixed ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 am

SSX Fahd
A quick drive-by post before bed. I took a look at the database, and the fields for the calendar mod weren't present in the phpbb_users table. I tried adding them (I downloaded the mod to see what fields should be present), but it didn't work :confused:. Hopefully Killjoy will have better luck than me :).
Fahd, IM Prog's: See profile, Linky: TechSnap Video Podcast
"In the computer world few people read the 'readme.txt' files. In the real
world, few people read the signs that say 'Stand on the right'
" - Fahd.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:06 am

SSX Fahd
Yargh! It would've helped if phppgadmin was connecting to the right database :smack::lol:. Anyways the problem has been fixed - the calendar fields were set to 'NOT NULL' but they didn't have any default values in case the fields were submitted as 'NULL' :weird:.
Fahd, IM Prog's: See profile, Linky: TechSnap Video Podcast
"In the computer world few people read the 'readme.txt' files. In the real
world, few people read the signs that say 'Stand on the right'
" - Fahd.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:09 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Great. Thanks muchly Fahd, tis appreciated :thumb:

Hopefully this will be the end of the issues ;)

Return to “General Discussions”