Promyvion-Dem done.

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Promyvion-Dem done.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:35 am

BlackDove
God that was a pain in the ass. 7:28am now. I need sleep.

I video'd it, but the main file of the fight got corrupted, probably because of the size (5.7gigs), so no video for you. I'll try segment the next Promyvion when I do it in about sixty years.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:36 am

Futile Resistance
Congrats :thumb:

*though I have no clue just how hard it is or what it entails...*

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:48 am

BlackDove
Level cap 30, four levels of mobs, travel upwards by beating a "boss mob" on the lower floor that opens a portal upwards.

Final boss of the place is a bitch to beat, and requires more or less a specific team of six players all of whom have specific job/subjob.

The bad part is that it's mandatory. Three of these have to be beaten in order to gain access to a very specific part of the world, which then furthens and furthens the storyline and more and more places are opened to you as a player to be able to access.

A lot of the mobs that drop valuable stuff are in that part of the world, and the storyline is more or less mandatory cloing on endgame, so it has to be done.

Pain in the ass though.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:44 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Nice BD, congrats :thumb:

Shame bout the video, but it matters not. Having the video doesnt matter as much as the actual completion of it ingame :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:48 pm

BlackDove
Pretty much.

And there's two more occasions to tape it anyway... goodie.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:08 pm

Inquisitor
I hated every moment of the actual promy runs.

The zones themselves are very cool, but the last floor is frightening and the actual battles require precision timing and a solid plan, and very specific jobs.

Grats!
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:58 pm

Eriyalle
Super congrats!! Beating the promyvions is a huge accomplishment. I probably shouldn't tell you that the CoP fights just get harder from there. XD

The link below is the the first video my hubby (plays Narialle in FFXI, my twin cat) ever made using fraps and Vegas Video. The file is set up for windows media player if I recall correctly. It's of the Promyvions-Dem ENM rather than the actual CoP boss fight so the boss was slightly easier to beat... but for those that aren't familiar with what Promyvions are I thought it might give them an idea. It was filmed at a Radiance Alliance event about a year ago.

Prom-Dem ENM

~e

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Pixistix
:thumb: Good job BD! I will wait to tell you Holla is the hardest of the three base prommies until you've gotten some sleep ;).

If you ever get discouraged, just do what I do:

AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1 AF+1

At which point I remember how cool it will be to have Sea access and be able to do Limbus and get ancient beast coins and get my SWEET AF +1. And a musical earring. >.>

:D!
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:31 pm

BlackDove
I did Holla. We came to the Spire. We fought the beast 3 times, third time pretty much fleshed out the tactic to beat it senseless. The fight was piss easy. If only the WHM could have healed two people at the same time, we would've gotten it.

The mob fell to 5% just as everyone died. With me dead in the first 2min of the fight because the WHM spaced out spamming "sry sry sry" before I was dead. Then I, of course, died and was unable to use my Anima or 2h.

Only 1 WAR/NIN and 1 SMN is sufficient for that fight provided that my SAM is healed while the WAR is casting Utsusemi.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:38 am

Eriyalle
My trick for Holla is RNG. I like to go in with at least 2 of them, 3 if a melee DD doesn't need the fight and lots of poison potions and holy waters to go around. It's not fool-proof, the whm still has to keep the tank alive, but if curing happens then it usually kills it quick without 2hours. We've taken in SAM and MNK too in the past and as long as they have the meds and some spare hi-pots it usually works out ok. SMN have a difficult time on Holla because the boss sleeps the avatars so you can only truly count on 1 out of the 3 astral flow hitting unless you get lucky. Of course, if you have 2 or 3 smn, it won't matter if only 1 of the 3 astral flows hits the boss; they'll still kill it nearly by themselves.

~e

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:53 am

BlackDove
Yeah the limiting factor was the fact the SMN got his Astral slept, otherwise they would've done it even with the flakey WHM.

The real trick to the battle are Hysteroanima's. The two that the team used (would've been three if I managed to get anything in) pretty much made the monster fairly useless.

Really the whole trick to the battle is one SMN to Astral Flow (which would probably work better if the mob was Terror-anima'd) and the NIN for his shadows to soak up any and all damage the mob's trying to make.

I think our setup was - SMN, COR, WAR, SAM, WHM, RNG.

RNG got his ass kicked quite early tho, again, due to the expertness of the WHM.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:07 pm

Pixistix
Really the whole trick to the battle is one SMN to Astral Flow (which would probably work better if the mob was Terror-anima'd) and the NIN for his shadows to soak up any and all damage the mob's trying to make.
The SMN 2-hour is buggy as hell. I've watch Convict go:

"Ok Shiva Diamond dust... Now!"

And she actually looks at him laughs and goes back to doing her nails.

True story.

Kinda. The problem with AF is that if the Mob moves AT all it can either miss or they won't use it period. In Holla they get slept often. If there isn't a mass sleep or mass paralyze :thumb: . Even then you have to keep the mob perfectly still as AF goes off.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:59 pm

BlackDove
Haha.

Right haven't thought of that.

Probably better to do it while the final Hysteroanima is up and the NIN is voking then.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:32 pm

Pixistix
That would work pretty well. I have friends who swear by the full SMN party for Promivions. Like I said you just have to keep the mob still and make sure the avatar is awake and functional. Going in with multiple SMNs also takes some of the guess owrk out. If one avatar is being pissy, chances are one of the otehers will get'er done.

As Convict has said repeatedly "I will level SMN to 75 the day they fix all the avatar bugs."
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:54 am

BlackDove
Yeah, naturally I'd take SMN there if I had it and was interested in mage characters whatsoever.

Unfortunately I'm not so people gotta suffer with my SAM skill0rz. I'll try get NIN and WAR up some pretty day, but I'd like to finish the Promyvions before I need the functions of a catheter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:09 pm

Eriyalle
Well if you're not opposed to a no-SMN Holla strategy I think I could arrange a showing sometime before July is over. :sweat:

I can steal Pixi on whm (gee thanks for volunteering Pixi!!) unless I can find a time Tocanis is online since he needs it. Hahahhaaaaa.... j/k Pixi, I'll see if anyone else in my LS needs and can make it, volunteering other people for pain is mean! And Leonis only needs Holla to finish, so we'd just have to go on a Saturday early enough for him to be awake (he's in England).

I would be a rng (of course), my hubby would tank on NIN, and I'd just need to find one more of my rng buddies.

Oh... and you'd need to bring something ranged to pling the boss with. My favorite strategy is called *Bounce* for a reason. ~_^ So you would need to stick your tushy in the center with the nin and use RA when the Wreaker was out of sword range.

Let me know if you'd be interested and maybe I could coordinate some dates between you and Leo.

required items for everyone:
6 poison pots
6 holy water
center melee 6 hi-pots
rng 3 hi-pots
mages 2 yag drinks
NO AU LAIT and REGEN DOESN'T EXIST :) not for holla anyway
anima, anima, anima - 3 each if possible for us to get them farmed prior

**may want to double the above if we want to be 100% certain we'll have enough items for a 2nd go... but we shouldn't need a 2nd go.

~e

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:33 pm

BlackDove
I'm down with that, throw some dates and times at me, and I'll see if I can make them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:22 pm

Inquisitor
I think BD's on all the time BTW.

Ery's the mistress of pain in these things, she knows 'em cold.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:18 am

Pixistix
I'll come WHM, but I'm begining to think I'm bad luck in Holla. I'd feel a lot better about it if everyone comes with 3 anima. It's at the end when it goes crazy and starts draining that we wipe.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:18 pm

Eriyalle
Hmmm.. so new plan is to sacrifice Pixi on the final sprint to the spire and have a spare whm handy for the fight? :thumb: Just kidding of course! I'll get some times from Leonis, he's the hardest one for me to schedule around and let's go from there. :D I'll try to have another whm handy who needs the fight too, so pixi can relax and just be on raise duty. I feel bad I've killed her alot on Holla recently.

hehee.. just for a short vent from our last Holla run which I assisted some others but didn't directly lead - COR does NOT equal RNG for DMG output!! Okies, now I feel better. :) I won't make the mistake of believing that again and less people will die.

~e

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:47 pm

Pixistix
OMG.... :mad: :smack: :mad: :smack: :mad:

That was god aweful!! I was rather pissed, truth be told. And by rather pissed I mean flaming-throw-things mad. Not to mention those guys were... less polite. Where did they come from again?

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT:

COR = BRD. A BRD who is allowed to melee more, but a BRD non the less.

There is a reason I don't do these as a BRD.

'Nough said.

I'm more than happy to die in the sipre if it means a win in the boss fight. I'm just tired of dying in the fight and disapointing people who are trying to get to Lufaise.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:48 pm

Pixistix
Oh and side note: anyone who would like to go anima farming let me know. I'm more than happy to whip out my WHM/THF and come 'port and bop things in the head.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:10 pm

Eriyalle
/comfort Pixi. me too.

And yes. If the COR had not said "Why yes I can totally equal a ranger's damage output" I would have arranged things differently and more than 1 person needing Holla would have made it through. At least Hika got it. :smack: The others are people I hadn't met before but are good friends apparently with some of my members? And my members had apparently told them we'd help but they'd wanted summoners and... my moral to the story is only that I can't complain if I'm not the leader. And people can't blame me for the groups that don't win if I'm not the leader/planner from the start. I would have had the COR come on whatever OTHER level 30 job they had to have had.

Back to positive karma! Anima farming is fun! Eri will need these, I'll be sure to get at least 2 (one being a terro) once I know when we're going to be having the run itself. My next two weeks are semi-booked with exp plans (*gasp* I am going to EXP! the world is ending.. AGAIN!), but we will see what we can do.

Is the July 4th weekend totally out-of-towner for any of you? Or would some short (well.. up to 4 hours tops if all bad stuff breaks loose) time onliine that weekend be ok just in case something sooner doesn't work out? I admit.. I'm a geek. I may BBQ, but I think we're staying home. ;)

~e

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:46 pm

Pixistix
:lol: Ok that makes more sense why they were there ~.^. My policy is BRD for 50 cap and up. There is an exception that I will be making for the Diabolos fight, because I've heard our resist sleep spell is very handy there. Other than that though I use WHM for the low cap stuff. It frees up that party space for a high damage DD or SMN. As a BRD I just don't contribute enough in those situations.

Convict and I might get rambunctious and leave the house on the 4th, but there is a chance that we will be home most of that weekend. Still working on making friends out here :D. If people give me a day I can plan from there.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:41 pm

Eriyalle
Didn't want you to think I have forgotten... but real life hit meltdown this week as we move into our busiest season and the rollover to a new fiscal year. I will have a date selection posted soon.. hoping next week. I need to take a few days (all this weekend in fact) offline for a breather before and really evaluate what times I can do events over the next several weeks around overtime I know I'll be working to keep up with deadlines...

:smack:

Anyone have any NYC metro area job openings? >.< I think I may decide to start looking very, very soon.

~e

Return to “Final Fantasy”