World pass

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

World pass

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:26 pm

Inquisitor
If anyone wants to invite someone to play on our server, I have a world pass:

It has 3 uses remaining, let me know if you use it, so I can keep track of when to buy a new one.

It lasts about a week from purchase, and some people were talking about giving this game a go.

So there you have it ;)
Last edited by Inquisitor on Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:41 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Robek is going to take up a usage to create a WHM :) I'll get him a pearl and everything when he's ingame :thumb:
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:47 pm

Inquisitor
and make him sign up on the member list, etc :)
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:38 am

Stracius
I hope you don't mind, but I let my brother use the pass as he just bought the game. I'll pick up another one if we run out of uses on this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:38 pm

Inquisitor
Not at all, that's why I bought it.

Have him say hello :)

Edited original post to reflect remaining uses.
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:23 pm

Inquisitor
I think it might actually only be good for 5 days, which means I will need to buy another one.

If anyone is near a vendor and has 3k gil, we'll need another one :)
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
New one bought.

2 uses left. Post here if you use it and I'll update :)
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:30 am

firedancer
used it once for my char alcina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Updated. Good to have you ingame fire :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:05 pm

base
I will be joining you shortly.

I have 17 and a half days of updates first .. lol
Ryoko/Deluxe
InvadeSpace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:21 pm

Inquisitor
And another one falls!

Welcome Ryoko!
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:35 pm

Messiah
Well I went to pick it up yesterday at EB Games, and they were sold out. So I went a bit out of my way to Best Buy and .... they were sold out. Surprisingly, Target wasn't carrying it.

I AM picking this up today. I called to make sure it was in stock.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:49 pm

Inquisitor
FYI, the install process is painful and non-intuitive.

You don;t select the server till the VERY end of the character creation process, after all the installation, patches, CD Key registrations, etc. And then, it's not obvious that you can type in the server name.

We're on "Asura" you just type that in, then it will pop up another field, THAN you can put that number in.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
We'll naturally be around IRC to help if you get stuck/confused about anything in the install/character creation process. Dont hesitate to come ask. Its great that we're getting more members, welcome all :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:08 pm

Messiah
Ok, I used it. I am Sarai, a chick cat thief in Windhurst. Looks like aside from the install being a pain, the interface is not super intuitive either. Probably just learning curve. I'll be online sometime tomorrow.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Updated. Hit one of us when you're ingame Messiah and we'll get you a linkpearl :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:22 pm

Eriyalle
I agree the interface was not intuitive to learn, but once you decide if you like the regular or condensed keyboard (if playing PC version) and get it down, it flows really smoothly after.

If you can, spend you first few days in game running around and doing light exp but talking to NPCs and just getting used to all the different controls. I find the sooner a person gets used to them the happier they tend to be playing.

Now I only have problems if I'm flipping alot between FFXI and Oblivion or other games with different interfaces because the movement controls I use for the two games are very different. It's funny to come back to FFXI and run at something then expect to jump until I remember I can't jump anymore... :smack:

~e

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:49 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I could never get comfortable with the PC controls. Thats why I got myself a gamepad. Im a lot happier now that Im running with (basically) standard Final Fantasy (Single Player) controls, plus I dont get irritated when I change games and am met with different keys like you.

Gamepad helps me a lot. I really really hated the game without it :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:01 pm

Eriyalle
I need to look into those one of these days... I think I play too many different games. XD I've heard very good things about gamepads. At least I'm semi-ambidextrous so swapping between WASD and the arrow keys isn't as painful as it could be...it's the games that force me to mouse heavily that kill me. Well, except for Counter-Strike, I set my sensitivity really high on CS on purpose to force me to move my mouse as little as possible. It just means noone else can play on my system with my settings. heheheeee

~e

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:38 pm

Metroid
I've used it, im Devianne in Bastok(sp?) havent really gotten around playing yet, having a bbq today aswell, so maybe this evening.
"Who is to say that outcasts are wrong in what they do?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Updated. Finally someone else in Bastok! :)

Return to “Final Fantasy”