Garrison Event- June 11 1pm EST

Chocobo, wark!

Moderator: Global Moderators

Garrison Event- June 11 1pm EST

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:00 pm

Inquisitor
We are invited to a Garrison event in West Saru.

Garrison is a level 20 cap, full alliance event where you repel several waves of Beastmen. The rewards vary, but I wouldn't particiapte in this for the rewards per se.

It's very cool, and crazy, and after having done my first Dynamis (endgame-ish event), probably not a bad thing to see these and participate in these at least once.

The event planner is short healers and tanks from what I can see on the roster. And we happen to have people with those skills :)

Pencil it in if you can, and post your interest, ya or nay.
Last edited by Inquisitor on Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:30 pm

Stracius
I can switch to WHM for it. I've got an active Eco-warrior in San d'Oria though, I can't pick up the Windurst one at the same time :(

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Inquisitor
Garrison is different, so you are good for that. We are all invited, if we have jobs available at that level.

I'll let them know we have another healer ;)

Anny, BD, how about you? Gryph, think you will be 20 by then?

;)
No signature

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:39 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
With any luck I'll be 20 by then, so count me in as long as I've dinged 20.

You can pencil me down as tank if you like. Just Provoke and cause it pain, how hard can it be? (Oh Im so tempting fate with that statement). But yeah, I don't mind tanking or DPSing, whatever. Sounds like it'll be fun either way :) I'll get round to working out the time in BST later ;)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:10 am

BlackDove
Yeah I think I can make it.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:25 am

Inquisitor
EST is GMT-5, so depends on the daylight time nonsense. We can synch watches up.

Anny, you sure? You mentioned exams coming up, don't want to take you away from studying.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:03 am

Stracius
Damn. I just realized my grandfather's burial is going to be around the 13th. Still need to figure out when I'm going to be leaving town to attend it, but I'm fairly certain I'll not be here on the 11th. Put me down as unavailable for this. If events change, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 am

BlackDove
Inquisitor wrote:EST is GMT-5, so depends on the daylight time nonsense. We can synch watches up.

Anny, you sure? You mentioned exams coming up, don't want to take you away from studying.
Where is Fahd and the forum times hack when you need it (remember on the UBB SSC boards?)

We could sure as hell use synchronised displays of GMT/UTC, EST, CST, CET times...

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Inquisitor wrote:EST is GMT-5, so depends on the daylight time nonsense. We can synch watches up.

It'll be a Sunday if I've worked it out right, and my first exam isnt till the 19th. I can probably work it so that I get that day off, just do more work on the Saturday or something, shouldnt be a problem.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:58 pm

Inquisitor
Allrighty then, shoulld take less than an hour, fyi.

The longest part will be getting there, and I'll probably play teleport taxicab.
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:38 pm

Pixistix
One minor correction...

I think Hilde was wanting to do 3 or 4 run => closer to a 2 hour time comitment. The reson for this is to try to get more drops for everyone that comes :).

An additional note, this would be a good event for you guys to meet some of the Alliance peeps :).
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:03 pm

Inquisitor
Ah, yes, my bad.

And what she said :)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:30 pm

Inquisitor
This weekend, bring your level 20 jobs to Windy!
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:37 pm

BlackDove
Announced till it passes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:17 pm

Inquisitor
Much fun, few deaths, everyone got legs that wanted them.

And some other cool gear dropped. And everyone had a good time.

:)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:19 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Very fun. We must do things like that again. We even got a bit of gnome hate in between runs :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:42 am

BlackDove
My bad for not being there, had a supremely awful day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:49 am

Inquisitor
There will be more ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:15 pm

Eriyalle
Aw come on, Convict and I don't count as deaths and we were the only ones who died. :thumb:

I would have lived if I would have kept kiting... but I was trying to save the silly NPCs by tanking the NM for them when it stopped running. Convict had to be a hero and come try to tank it for them once I dropped, so it was really our fault. hehehee

Great job overall and much fun. It was nice seeing you in the digital anubis and I'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible day and had to miss BD.

~e

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Eriyalle wrote:Aw come on, Convict and I don't count as deaths and we were the only ones who died. :thumb:

I would have lived if I would have kept kiting... but I was trying to save the silly NPCs by tanking the NM for them when it stopped running. Convict had to be a hero and come try to tank it for them once I dropped, so it was really our fault. hehehee

Great job overall and much fun. It was nice seeing you in the digital anubis and I'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible day and had to miss BD.

~e
Was also nice to meet you and the others who attended. Nice to put (character) faces to names and meet people in a live environment :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:44 pm

Pixistix
Well as Convict said: We only killed Eri once? It's like a world record!

Anny! I'm not a gnome! I don't mind being punted, or fed to elvaan, or sacrificed for drops, but for the love of Pete!! At least refer to us as Taru!

Gnome = ugly little things in WoW

Tarutaru = disgustingly cute little things in FFXI

/comfort BD. More events coming up. We missed you, but it's nothing you need to apologize for.
Blarghl.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:46 pm

Inquisitor
I expect we'll have several more folks next time around, I saw a few level 10s o nthe shell last night, so by the next one we might have a whole party of people ;)
No signature

Return to “Final Fantasy”