WE ARE MOVING TO OUTLANDS!

Moderator: Global Moderators

WE ARE MOVING TO OUTLANDS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
As of yesterday the vote on whether or not the SSX will transfer to Outlands was concluded. With near 80% of the membership voting for the move and a majority of the moderators agreeing we WILL be moving to Outlands on Monday 17th April

Please spend the remaining time between now and then preparing your characters for the move. You should clear out your mailboxes, organise your bank and your inventory, and make any goodbyes you may wish to make if some of your friends from other guilds are staying behind on Bladefist.

You could also help us greatly by passing the word on to everyone in the guild. Ensure that absolutely everyone possible is aware of this move so that we leave as few to none people behind. Those who are left behind will be left with a level one alt in the GM position and a message on gmotd telling them where we have gone.

Before you make the transfer you will need to leave the guild with whatever characters you will be transferring. However you do not need to do this until the night of the 16th (technically its not necessary until you logout to make the transfer).

IMPORTANT!

IF YOU WILL NOT OR CANNOT BE AVAILABLE AT 3AM SERVER TIME ON THE 17TH THEN WE HIGHLY RECCOMMEND YOU EITHER:
1) GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS TO A CLOSE FRIEND IN THE GUILD WHO WILL BE AROUND AT THAT TIME TO MAKE THE TRANSFER FOR YOU.
2) CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD TEMPORARILY AND PASS ON YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS TO A MODERATOR WHO WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE THE TRANSFER FOR YOU (You can change back your password the next day if you so wish)

IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT ABOLUTELY EVERYONE MAKES THE TRANSFER AS CLOSE TO 3AM ON THE 17TH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, THAT WAY THE RISK OF THE TRANSFER BEING CLOSED BEFORE EVERYONE IS ACROSS IS AS CLOSE TO NONE AS IT WILL EVER BE.

IF YOU MAKE NO OTHER PREPARATIONS PLEASE MAKE THIS ONE!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Dreamer
I have had a terrible feeling ever since this migration crap started. People are going to be left behind, so please dont let it be you.
Proel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:56 pm

M.Steiner
Gonna send a second batch of mails out tomorrow which'll give everyone exactly 7 days notice. Managed to locate about 11 more members that i'd missed the first time round with thx again to Anny.

Fingers crossed.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:37 am

Magdalena
Good luck on your move guys. Make sure you let us all know how the new server turns out. May come to a similar thought on Mannoroth on the next transfers if new hardware is available. Have been having a lot of issues on our side of the world too.

Best of luck to all of you, here's to hoping no woman/man is left behind.

Magdalena

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:50 am

[TgR]KILLER
I just rememberd something out of the blue. Monday the 17" is... easter!

and i got a day off on easter. so looks like i can transfer normally and dun have to wake up at stupid times to do it before work ;x

Lets hope the move goes quickly and without pain :) i'll be on the new server monday then. somebody is staying up all week 24/7 to add members back into the guild ? :p
Recklezz Human Paladin, Professions: Herbalism / Alchemy / First Aid / Fishing / Cooking.
Up to date profile on Allakhazam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:58 am

Rinoa
I'll probably stay up 24/7 on monday, considering I'm free from work, just get some more sleep at sunday and it's gg ^^. Really looking forward to the transfer :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:43 am

Valar
I am currently inactive because I still dont have internet. I will probably have my internet back at the 14th, but I will be on vacation untill the morning of the 17th. I will have a day off then, so i can migrate from about 10:00 till 15:00.
Looking forward to transferring :)
Miss yall :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:01 am

KreeZiE
I prolly will be there at 3am, but I'm afraid the management site will not be able 2 handle all transfers at that time.
But we can still do it till 3pm on the 17th right?

Anywayz, I'm wondering if we can down Nef twice in that week ;D
WoW: Outland
Kreezie, NE druid, lvl 60
Artemiz, NE hunter, lvl 60

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:56 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Announced today that:
The Ahn'Qiraj gates will be open on the destination realms.
On other points, I consider it unlikely that we'll be able to do Nef twice that week. When we get over to Outlands we'll have enough on our plates setting up the new guild, inviting everyone again, and getting us back to where we are on Bladefist (minus the lag and server problems) to worry about raids. I'd guess that perhaps the Monday and Tuesday will be raid free for us, but thats just a guess mind you.

As for us still being able to do it till 3pm that day, technically that is possible, but if you wait till then you're dramatically reducing the chances of you getting over before Blizz lock off the transfer. If the site is busy at 3am spam refresh it until you get in. Thats my advice and what I will be doing.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Dodotorpedo
Anubis wrote:Announced today that:
The Ahn'Qiraj gates will be open on the destination realms.
Excellent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:42 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
As posted in another thread the migration has now been delayed. Stay tuned for new dates.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:18 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Just noticed this with no Blizzard reply (they seem to be ignoring all threads about migration in the General forum):
I'm a bit confused about the whole migration plan atm. When I saw that the plans were delayed but the dates remained the same I contacted a GM about this issue. The GM told me however that the dates given in the thread were correct and that migration starts on the 17th of April. Can someone please clear this up for me/us.
Not sure what this means. I think I'll probably end up staying up tomorrow night and trying to transfer, just incase the GM is right. Just an fyi, incase anyone else wants to do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:16 pm

SSX-Ava
Anubis wrote:Just noticed this with no Blizzard reply (they seem to be ignoring all threads about migration in the General forum):
I'm a bit confused about the whole migration plan atm. When I saw that the plans were delayed but the dates remained the same I contacted a GM about this issue. The GM told me however that the dates given in the thread were correct and that migration starts on the 17th of April. Can someone please clear this up for me/us.
Not sure what this means. I think I'll probably end up staying up tomorrow night and trying to transfer, just incase the GM is right. Just an fyi, incase anyone else wants to do the same.
er if migration is planned we are seriously screwed i guess: everyone think its delayed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:05 pm

Sofia
Update April 12th, 11:30 CEST
For technical reasons all opening of new realms has been put on hold until further notice. This means we won't be able to open the destination realms for the migration as planned, and the migration will thus be delayed at least one week.

We'll post an update and new dates as soon as possible.
Clearly tells me: NO migration until next week!

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/ch ... ealms.html

Clearly tells me: YES migrate tonight pls!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:28 pm

Galador
At this point I think our mods should give us clear instructions on what we should best do, that is:

1) Wait and find out IF the transfers REALLY OPEN TONIGHT and in such case MOVE OUR CHARACTERS at the first chance we get

or...

2) Aware of the fact that 3am of Monday is just 9.5 hrs away (as I am reading this) and that we will never be able to have all SSX informed to attempt a move (if a move is indeed possible) drop moving to Outland.

In either case it's important that we know what we should do cos as Ava said we don't want to get "screwed" and have SSX split in 2 big chunks :shake:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:49 pm

Dodotorpedo
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/ch ... ealms.html

It says Bladefist is currently open for Migration to Outland....
Looks like we were misinformed... IMO we should NOT transfer, it's too dangerous many people are definettly gonna be left out

I really wouldn't want to be split up from you guys... that'd completely ruin the game for me and no I don't feel like rerolling some lame lvl 1 alt ><

We need instructions on what to do, if it opens tonight do we move or stay?!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Galador
Dodotorpedo wrote:We need instructions on what to do, if it opens tonight do we move or stay?!
At current time of posting, mods advice is to migrate if able to do so and spread the word to other guildies. Apparently mods have account details of quite some people at hand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:44 pm

M.Steiner
I would treat tonight as if we definitly know Migration is going ahead, try and see if you're able to move your characters. If you are, move them, if you aren't then migration is obviously still on hold.
Hopefully we'll have a blue response by the end of tonight.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
GM has been ticketed, awaiting confirmation (best we're going to get since forum blues are ignoring migration threads). If we find out migration is going ahead tonight we will be transferring. I'll post when I get confirmation one way or the other.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
GM RESPONSE RECIEVED

We're told to see the character migration page on the website (not the forums) for the most up to date information, and since that page states migration starts tonight it SEEMS that we will be moving tonight.

Be prepared. 3AM SERVER TIME!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:58 pm

Dreamer
But it isnt!

....... I told you so!
Proel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:11 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
As Rinoa pointed out in another thread, official date is now the 24th.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:15 pm

Aliwoo
Ah ok 24th eh?? i wont be back in bristol and with my own net connection by then (on a friends net atm) but rikki has kindly agreed to do my transfers.

things are good and fun where i am if anyones wondering :thumb:
my bros gig is on sunday, then im back on my way to bristol i think

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:46 am

Plovske
<3 woo
enjoy!

Return to “=EU= World of Warcraft- Outland”