Regional Versions?

The call for a hero has sounded. Will it be you?

Moderator: Global Moderators

Regional Versions?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:55 pm

Kon
I'm planning to get this game when the expansion comes out, but I was just wondering whether there are regional versions like WoW? If there is it looks like most of you guys are U.S.?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:52 am

King_rea
when you make your account on it there are two 'regions' i guess you could say european and american (theres also Korean but we cant get into that and they have symbols for words, its really freaked up) all you really have to do is set your region to American because thats the one our guild is based in. Btw were not all american I'm Australian and so is Serburus and some others.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:50 am

Inquisitor
Our Guild Hall is on the American servers I believe.

But euro players can hop on it at any time. And you can pop over to the euro lobbies at any time.

So no, not regionalized like WoW.
No signature

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:30 am

Kon
So you can hop between regions? Thats cool. Thanks guys. :)

Sorry King, wasn't trying to say you were all U.S. I meant the guild is U.S. :)
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:12 am

Serberus
We mostly play on the US servers due to the fact that it just makes things like PvP and PvE a lot easier to do... in essance as a guild we cant do PvE unless we are all in the same region.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:50 am

Padishar
There is also an option when PvPing to goto a neutral 'international' staging area to gather and form parties. Anyone including Koreans can gather together to pvp.

Also when you enter PvP matches you go up against anyone from anywhere in the world. Like Serb said its mostly to PvE......

And MAYBE GvG also. I think you have to be in same zone (could be wrong on that on tho).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:48 am

Serberus
I think when it comes to PvP and GvG you can play with each other no matter what area u are in its only really PvE that u can't.

Return to “Guild Wars”