Another one for Anubis

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Another one for Anubis

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 pm

NewportBox
Greetings and Salutations to my favorite technological wizardry person!

This one you probably won't even have to look into anything for, since I guarantee you know the answer ;)

So.. I've used other forums in the past that let me place indents and similar alterations to my posts, but unfortunately for me they had shiny little buttons that pretty much did it for me. I am emphasizing this because I have an *extremely* limited knowledge of HTML lol..

Will the SSX forums allow such?

Thanks Again,
Newport

Re: Another one for Anubis

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Depends what you want adding :)

We do have some basic BBCode already on the forum (Bold, Underline, etc), but there is room for more if people would like it - within reason of course.

Put together a list for me of exactly what you want, and I'll look into seeing what we can provide.

Also, moved this thread to Members since that is pretty much where development talk goes on these days :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:09 pm

NewportBox
Sorry about the post thread misplacement :)

The ability to indent sentences is about the only thing I can think of atm :)

Thanks,
Newport

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:02 am

M.Steiner
would probably be another handy formatting option. I've tried to use that code in the past when making different posts and in sigs too but then to realise the tags don't actually do anything heh.
Not important ofc but one which could be added to the list I guess :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Will be looking at these when I get time - hopefully over the next few weekends.

If anyone comes up with any more, just drop them in here :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Both "center" and "indent" should now be in place and ready for use - you should see the relevant buttons to generate the tags alongside the other BBCodes on the posting page :)

Any more for any more?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Isileth
Image sizing rather than just the fixed cap as we discussed before would be nice
Is indent not working? Doesnt seem to be

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:
Is indent not working? Doesnt seem to be
You have the old version of the Stylesheet cached. You need to clear your cache - I might be able to force it through the ACP...

As for image sizing, can you clarify a little as to what you mean by it? I was thinking "make it clickable so that when a user clicks it the full size image pops up". Not sure that's what you want though?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:58 pm

Isileth
Aye that fixed it, center was working fine so didnt think to do so.

As for image sizing I mean the standard BBcode that most forums have.

Code: Select all

[img width="100" height="80"]ImageURL[/img]
Also the shorthand
[img=100x80]ImageURL[/img]

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Both "center" and "indent" should now be in place and ready for use - you should see the relevant buttons to generate the tags alongside the other BBCodes on the posting page :)
Any more for any more?
Lovely. Cheers, Anny! :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Members”