Thoughts on us having a Christmas/Wintery banner?

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Thoughts on us having a Christmas/Wintery banner?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:42 am

M.Steiner
I meant to link to this last year but by the time I remembered it wasn't worth putting up. Since I actually remembered to do so this year how do people feel about temporarily changing our banner to this Christmas/Winter themed one below?

Not that everyone here may celebrate Christmas (?), it was just for a bit of fun really for us to put up this time year. Nothing extravagant with animated flashing coloured lights or anything like that hehe. Yes/No? :)
[New link for you Anny if we go ahead and put it up]
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: Thoughts on us having Christmas/Wintery banner?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Isileth
Looks good to me, any Australian members we have might wonders whats going on but apart from that I dont see any downside.

Re: Thoughts on us having Christmas/Wintery banner?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Whizbang
I say "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow". :D Besides, not seeing any of the lovely white here in SoCal so might as well get it wherever I can. :weird:
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

Re: Thoughts on us having a Christmas/Wintery banner?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:56 pm

SSX-Ava
It looks pretty good. I dont have any objections, it'll make a nice change.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
It looks nice :) I'll be happy to swap it in if others agree!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Stracius
I'm offended that your christmas/winter themed banner is entirely unoffensive to me. On the other hand, it does look rather good. Though, do you Brits really want something to remind you that you just got snowcrapped on? I'm all for it either way, mind you :D
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:47 pm

Slacker
Anything with snow is good. :D
<SSX-Anubis> Did you see the E3 trailer for Hot Pursuit btw?
<SSX-Anubis> That even has me a little tempted

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:47 am

Anubis
Site Admin
In which case, if no-one has any objections I'll swap this in some time tomorrow :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:59 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Swapped it in now, as everyone should be able to see. I'll put the regular banner back at the start of January :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Stracius
Oh, there it is. Had to force a reload of the page to see it. Lovery!
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Taken this down now until next year. Thanks to MS for providing it - I've enjoyed having it up :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:25 pm

BlackDove
I was looking at it yesterday, kinda hoping we could have it throughout all the winter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:27 pm

Stracius
I agree. Winter's not dead yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Whizbang
For some of us, Winter is dead. Out here in sunny San Diego it's blue skies and 70F/21C with no expected rain for a good while. :(
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I was under the assumption that it was given to me as a Christmas banner :p Besides, it makes it less special if we have it up for a quarter of the year.

But if people really want it leaving up till March technically I could put it back up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:52 am

SSX-Ava
keep till spring!

Then do a spring one???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:40 am

BlackDove
<censored> yeah.

Summer and autumn as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:21 am

Padishar
It is still snowing here non-flippn-stop...

I think we could keep it up all winter as well, looked kewl ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:I was under the assumption that it was given to me as a Christmas banner :p
Mostly yep, though appropriate for this time of the year too so kinda fit both purposes. Just got some more snow today lol.
I'm fine with it being left up for the rest of winter if that's what people want but I do agree with Anny that it may make it less special if it's up for too long. I have enjoyed having it up.
There's one other thing too which nobody seems to have mentioned and that's that there IS a subtle santa's sleigh in and amongst all the snow effects too which would only really be appropriate between Dec - Jan 6th, imo. I could remove the sleigh of course and just switch to the second version after the 6th each year. Wouldn't be any hastle as it just means hiding a layer which would only take a second. Just shout if needed :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Stracius
SSX-MS wrote:There's one other thing too which nobody seems to have mentioned and that's that there IS a subtle santa's sleigh in and amongst all the snow effects

Too subtle. Next time give it a red and white striped shirt and beanie. That way maybe even I'll be able to spot it :p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
So, before Winter wastes away, what do we want to do on this? Leave it as it is, or put up a new Santa-less banner until March? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 pm

SSX-Ava
Anubis wrote:put up a new Santa-less banner until March? :)

that :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-Ava wrote:
Anubis wrote:put up a new Santa-less banner until March? :)

that :)
If this is truly the case then someone (*cough* MS *cough*) needs to make a Santaless banner for me :p

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:35 pm

M.Steiner
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4456 ... banner.jpg
Santa removed, back again later this year!. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Ozone
How to keep an idiot busy for 6 minutes:

1. Discuss having hidden a sleigh in a wintery banner.

2. Post a link to a revised banner hoping the idiot hasn't bothered to read the text under the revised banner link.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

Return to “Members”