Please add Frogger to the Arcade

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Please add Frogger to the Arcade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:07 am

Kon
I know we got all the games in our little arcade that nobody uses from Neave Games. It seems that sometime after we posted the games on our site, he has made a nice Frogger clone. I am of the opinion that this should really be added to our arcade with all due haste.

http://www.neave.com/games/frogger/

P.S. Is it possible to move things to the Archive without being a Global Mod?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

Re: Please add Frogger to the Arcade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Inquisitor
If you mod a forum, you should be able to move posts from it.
No signature

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
This looks easy to do. I will look at it later tonight when I finish my work :)

Also, yes. Mods should be able to move things to the Archive. If that is not the case, let me know and I'll take a look at your permissions.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:18 pm

M.Steiner
Haven't played Frogger in years, tis harder than I remember it lol.

Hey Anny, If you have time whilst you're on the main site tonight you could upload that 360 background I gave you in November if ya want. Up to you, still no rush. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-MS wrote:Hey Anny, If you have time whilst you're on the main site tonight you could upload that 360 background I gave you in November if ya want. Up to you, still no rush. :)
Whoops. I actually updated the files related to that back at the time and have apparently forgotten to upload them - I thought I did it at the time. I'll put them up now - sorry bout the delay.

Edit: Done.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
OK, after looking at this the answer to the question is no, we can't have Frogger.

It seems that the games have been modified to include High Scores since we got them, and are no longer available for public download. I could have our site pull it from his to display, but I think there are redirects in there if you try and close the game that send you to his site. Also, if his site went down the game would obviously go down with it.

As such, it's not feasible to do. If anyone finds a freeware Frogger Flash game that can be downloaded though, without High Scores, I will be happy to add it. Sorry to those who wanted it :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:09 am

Kon
Truly a tragedy. :shake:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Inquisitor
Maybe make a subsection of pages that have the new ones. IT can't hurt to have the page so long as you wanr people they might go offsite?
No signature

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Well Frogger is really the only one we don't have. The rest have been updated to add in High Scores, but they're basically the same game. It seems somewhat unnecessary for us to be creating a new Arcade section just for the one game.

I am also not a great fan of us having to rely on both his website and databases for the game to work properly. With them on our server, we can be certain that they will work so long as we keep paying for hosting. When relying on his server, if people stop playing the game we could well be sat there for months with the game broken and looking untidy with no-one realising the fact.

I *can* include it if that's what everyone wants, but I am against it personally. I'd rather us stick with relying on ourselves, rather than other people.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:48 pm

M.Steiner
To be frank, I think us having gaps of 5-6 months of no news on our main page in the past looks far worse for us than the possibility that 1 of 8 arcade games may break at some point if his site goes down. If we have it on a seperate page like the others and have a little note on the page it displays on saying it is linked to somewhere off-site people would know that it is beyond our control if/when that happens. The former however... Also we've had our forums go down with errors many times as well (maybe not the main site but still) so we're not perfect either. These things happen right?

The embedded game puts a link back to his site underneath it which is understandable, I would do the same if I was him. The Quit part of the menu to close the game which appears on his site & redirects back to the other page doesn't look like it'll appear if we had it on ours. Quit button isn't even there for me. So unless you clicked the link below the game itself there would be no redirects I don't think? (I could be wrong however).

I don't really mind either way if I'm honest, Just saying! ;)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Kon
Well I was content with Anny's reasoning, but if people really would like Frogger on the site, then perhaps we should go for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:49 am

Padishar
On a side note, didnt realize we had an "Arcade section" Doh!

Guess I will have to check em out :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Padishar wrote:On a side note, didnt realize we had an "Arcade section" Doh!

Guess I will have to check em out :thumb:
:)

I do not think they get used all that much, but they have their own section on the Main Site yep. Have fun if you give them a while :)

Return to “Members”