Arbiter Vote 2009

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Who should be Arbiter for 2009/10?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Anubis
39%
Inquisitor
No votes
Killjoy
6%
Stracius
56%

Total votes: 18

Re: Arbiter Vote 2009

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Isileth
On an unrelated note where is this option to change your vote?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm

M.Steiner
Should just be able to select another option and press submit vote like you did originally. (Your current vote has a "x" at the end). :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:45 pm

Isileth
I don't see such an option. Just get a standard result layout, no submit button or check boxes of anykind.

There is an X next to my vote (Which im happy with) but no way to change it I can see. Just me or anyone else getting the same?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Kon
I would vote, but I really like this Mortal Kombat idea. I might just vote for Ed to take the pressure off of KJ's vote to switch.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:19 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Isileth wrote:I don't see such an option. Just get a standard result layout, no submit button or check boxes of anykind.

There is an X next to my vote (Which im happy with) but no way to change it I can see. Just me or anyone else getting the same?
Whoops, sorry about that. After poking around to find out the cause of this I've noticed that the Members Usergroup had an incorrect permissions setting applied to it when the user did not have Moderator level access or higher.

I've fixed this now, and you should see the options to change your vote now accordingly. Sorry about the inconvenience.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:40 pm

Isileth
Aye thats sorted now, ta very much.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:20 am

Stracius
Ah, sorry for the late reply. I was trying out the role of sleeping beauty today... Sadly, I forgot I was supposed to inform one prince charming to wake me up with a kiss, and overslept by much. I wouldn't mind the idea of splitting the time 50/50, except I was more thinking of a day by day basis... You get the first 12 hours, I get the second 12 hours. Then we could confuse people by switching at random, daylight savings changes, overtime. Oh the horrors we could infl... err, I mean.. Yes, sounds good :)

I think for my next act I'll play the part of Scorpion and go find Kahn.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:37 am

Messiah
I've got cardboard. Let them fight it out.

Blackdove is Solomon?
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Unfortunately for the purposes of cardboard wars, and terrorising the membership through confusion, it appears there is no longer a need for either as we have our winner now (at last).

I'm closing the poll again now that the result is clear, and I thank everyone who has voted in the poll along with the candidates who took part in it.

Congratulations Strac, I am sure you'll do a fantastic job in the upcoming 12 (or 24) months :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:53 pm

M.Steiner
It appears we finally have a result hehe, congratulations Strac! :thumb:

------------
(Hey Strac, completely unrelated but I saw you mentioned Oldboy on IRC this morning. If you haven't already seen them i'd highly recommend Taegukgi (The Brotherhood of War), A Bittersweet Life and A Tale of Two Sisters. Those are some other fantastic films imo, if you're into Korean movies. ;))
------------
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:31 pm

BlackDove
Booooooooooooo.

Get off the stage!

The election was fixed.

Attica, Attica!

Seriously, grats Strac.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:19 pm

esd
Strac, the $100 you said you'd pay me for voting for you, it's not arrived yet. If it doesn't arrive soon I'm going to have to tell the arbiter...

...oh.

Gratz dude!
""I like my women like I like my coffee. In a plastic cup.""

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Stracius
Thanks for the vote of confidence, all. I'll attempt to do my best at doing some justice to the job. Just don't expect any inaugural speeches :p .

Well, first thing's first. I'll have to go through the voting registry and logs and ban everyone who voted for me... at least until after the next arbiter election ;)

the check is in the mail, esd
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Kon
Congrats, Strac!

On a completely unrelated note, there's a special corner of Hell for those of you who use tiny font.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Stracius
Tongue-in-cheek, Sir Signature? ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Kon
First off, my signature is in Small font, and still readable to those of us with two working eyes. Furthermore, I chose to do so in order to facilitate the easy reading of the forums; as I know that I am not the only one here who views large signatures as a distraction. Tiny font, on the other hand, is completely illegible filth which burns the eyes with the strength of a thousand suns. To use it at all, especially in the part of a post where you convey your main point, is a completely unforgivable act.

Nice try though, most cunning Sir Wit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:18 am

Padishar
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V
I like pie
:cool:

:thumb: !!!Congrats Strac!!! :thumb:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:39 pm

BlackDove
How about just maneuvering the mouse to the quote button, then clicking?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:47 am

Syro
I missed the vote!! :shake:

Strac, you can blame me for winning. You deserve it! Gratz :thumb: :thumb:

On another related issue, Anny you did a marvelous job. Ty ty ty!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:29 pm

Kon
BlackDove wrote:How about just maneuvering the mouse to the quote button, then clicking?
I'm sorry, you must have missed the point of my post, which was about having the forums be easy to read. Going out of my way to load a new page just to read a sentence fragment doesn't seem very user-friendly or intuitive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:16 am

BlackDove
Kahn wrote:
BlackDove wrote:How about just maneuvering the mouse to the quote button, then clicking?
BAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!
Be quiet, or I'm taking out the belt again.

Return to “Members”