Moving between groups?

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Moving between groups?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:28 pm

Inquisitor
So, up till now, it seems that once you are in SSX, you can pretty freely move between groups.

Hypothetical:
NC player, lets call him Bob, joins SSX, gets 2 sponsors.

Bob also has DoW.

Should Bob get 2 DoW sponsors?

Remember the point of the sponsorship is to make sure people play the game.

Given the activity levels we have, I don't think it owuld be hard to get the sponsors, btu I also don;t think that we need to differentiate. SSX is SSX, etc.

Thoughts? Too many rules can be a bad thing, not sure we need one, but, want to hear your opinions on the subject. I am inclined to leave it up to the individual groups.

Sound off.
No signature

Re: Moving between groups?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:52 pm

c
Inquisitor wrote:Should Bob get 2 DoW sponsors?
No. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:51 pm

Futile Resistance
Lightspeed wrote:
Agreed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:05 pm

M.Steiner
No, i think once you have been sponsored to join one group you should be able to freely play with other groups without having to find more of them.

Even though it probably wouldn't take long to get 2 more sponsors for each group you want to play with i think once you have been let into the SSX from one group, it shouldn't really matter about finding more sponsors.

Just my thoughts :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:12 pm

Kon
Futile Resistance wrote:
Lightspeed wrote:
Agreed.
Agreed.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:25 pm

SSX-Killjoy
I believe once SSX, SSX. No questions asked.. Some of us may play one group for awhile, then switch group, then go back.. etc.. etc.. hate to have to keep getting people to vouch for us each time we did.. it would be burdensome..
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.
================================

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:55 pm

BlueFlames
I'd say group mods' discretion on a per-person basis. In the SSC, there were plenty of players that were quiet on the forum and only played one game at a time, which is fine, but if/when they decided to change to a new game, nobody in the new division really knew who the person was. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to have that player go through a bit of a trial run in the new group before he/she just traipses in. To more directly answer the question...
Possibly, depending on how well the current DoW players know Bob.
Shattered Star Exiles: A schism. A bond. A squad.
"I don't know what's more twisted: blowing up ambulances or setting it to Huey Lewis." --Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:10 am

c
Maybe the chance for the current moderators to request a trial run on a per-new-member basis, then? :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:09 am

Inquisitor
Maybe. No sense in overworking the plumbing and overcomplicating things.

My sense was what seems to be the consensus here, possibly leaving any more stringent "rules" to the individual groups.

I just was asked the question, thought it was sensible to put it to a brief discussion :)
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:45 am

BlueFlames
Maybe the chance for the current moderators to request a trial run on a per-new-member basis, then?
That's what I was going for, though I didn't state it clearly enough.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:34 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Contrary to what it seems most people believe:
Yes.
Yes Bob may be an active player of Neocron and he may possess DoW, but that doesn't mean that he regularly plays DoW online, although he may play Single Player. Adding his name to the member list just because he has the game and then no-one ever playing with him is just silly. Getting two sponsors for each group would prevent this from happening.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:41 pm

c
Anubis wrote:Yes Bob may be an active player of Neocron and he may possess DoW, but that doesn't mean that he regularly plays DoW online, although he may play Single Player. Adding his name to the member list just because he has the game and then no-one ever playing with him is just silly.
I don't think it'd really help. Imagine the following situation: Bob joins DoW, finds two sponsors, and then goes pretty much inactive.

IMHO this shouldnt be a big matter if he doesn't play that much with the group. If he doesn't play the game at all, I think it'll be only natural for the current mods to step in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:01 am

BlackDove
No. However, I want the person kicked out of one group of the SSX to automatically be kicked from all groups FOREVER.

Okay so the forever part is maybe a little crazy, but you get the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:52 am

Anubis
Site Admin
BlackDove wrote:No. However, I want the person kicked out of one group of the SSX to automatically be kicked from all groups FOREVER.

Okay so the forever part is maybe a little crazy, but you get the idea.
I think that depends on the situation. If the person has merely been kicked out of one group for inactivity whilst he is extremely active in another its hardly fair to kick him out of that group too. However if someone is kicked out of a group for another reason i do believe that is fair.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:06 am

M.Steiner
Well just for the record, we in neocron NEVER kick a person ingame for inactivity, everyone needs a break now and then and even if they actually leave the game we still respectivly leave them on our ingame clan members list. - So yes i agree with BD's not so crazy idea, if a person has been kicked from one group for doing wrong then they should also get kicked from the others they might be playing with. We're all going by the same guidelines so once they've been kicked that should be it. My take on that bit. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:12 pm

Inquisitor
One issue at a time. We'll deal with ejections under seperate cover. To some extent, I expect the arbiter to have to deal with that nasty business. Rules in absence of arbitration lead to stupidity ;)

Good discussion. Again, not even sure there needs to be a written rule, but it's good to know where people's minds are. Common sense seems to be the order of the day.

This discussion has no time limit, FYI.
No signature

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:12 am

c
Maester Seymour wrote:Well just for the record, we in neocron NEVER kick a person ingame for inactivity, everyone needs a break now and then and even if they actually leave the game we still respectivly leave them on our ingame clan members list. - So yes i agree with BD's not so crazy idea, if a person has been kicked from one group for doing wrong then they should also get kicked from the others they might be playing with. We're all going by the same guidelines so once they've been kicked that should be it. My take on that bit. :)
Exactly my opinion. :thumb:

Return to “Members”