The SSC and recent events

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:32 pm

Ambush
anyone remember "SSC Radio", thats old school :cool: [/list]
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:51 pm

Chimera
Such a saga...
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:02 am

SSX-Killjoy
Oh the stories... The history.. I am not sure how many people here who were there back when I first joined. Couldn't be too many... There are stories to be told.. :) Especially having worked directly with Waterstar up until he left for school, and his subsequent exodus...

Hell, I even have my voice on one of the SSC Radio shows. Talk about immortalized.. :)
================================
I will be forever Shattered Star, but only as an
EXILE can I find peace in this lifetime.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:31 am

Padishar
Ambush wrote:anyone remember "SSC Radio", thats old school :cool: [/list]
Yeah I already added SSC Radio on the list of things to note, along with Indigo's cancer research team and our old SSC shop of goods/gear you could buy.....

Also anyone remember what the http://www.roughnecks.org/
had to do with us?
Is that when Mustang split and formed a group? or was that a different group he formed?
I do remember the MW3 split and the Tribes split... just don't rem the names of the groups those split into, also reminds me to ask R&R his rendition of the MW3 split (the tribes debacle I was in the middle of at the time so can rem quite a bit of that :p )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:45 am

SSX-Killjoy
I believe the Roughnecks was the final form of the Prometheus players who split from the MW3 division becuase we wouldn't accept having a leader over a division.. NF probably has a more apt description of those events.. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:05 am

Messiah
When the MW3 division left, they formed the Promethean Legacy. If I remember correctly, Roughnecks was formed by one or more SSC members before the MW3 split. They were active in MW3, among other games. All of the principal players in the Promethean Legacy are SSX members today.
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:16 am

Rock-n-Roll
The RN was a group that split from SSC a long time before the MW3 division even existed and was the by thekenny.

The reason you may have the PL associated with it is because my brother, known as Xavier, joined them and they had a fairly successful run in the FS2 ladders. I also played with them for a time since there was no way in hell I was playing with SSC.

The Roughnecks and the PL had nothing to do with each other aside from some friendships. I was a MW guy and my brother was a FS2 guy, but we both casually played in the other one's game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:57 am

Inquisitor
Despite my "soft" description of events, I actually have aq pretty good idea about a fair number of ex-SSC groups and their disposition and relationship to us. I made it my business for a long time to see where folks went ;)

A couple variations of the RN, DW, PL, a half dozen Ramses spawned clans, a couple Tribes groups, etc, etc, etc.

The SSC as an organization spawned quite a few splinter groups over the 6 or 7 years I was playing "caretaker." I used to keep a list, then of course, we became a "splinter" ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:04 am

BlackDove
Probably more like the other way around, as in the SSC became a splinter.

For us, the ideologies never really changed, they just became unwritten because we all know what they are, and by making them unwritten, we deprive assholes from using them as a fall back of "interpertation" being some kind of a fictitious problem.

We all know who and what the problems were.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:02 am

Stracius
BlackDove wrote:We all know who and what the problems were.
Tell that to the members that joined post-split ;) . Methinks comments like that just serve to stir curiosity. I'm definitely for a collaboration that'll cover most of the events as I think it'll help to satiate further/future inquiries. Was going to bring it up in irc early this week, but darned if Pad didn't beat me to it :lol: . Can't say I'd have much, if anything, to contribute, but if/when I get some time I'll have to check out one of the drafts.
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:52 pm

Rock-n-Roll
BlackDove wrote:Probably more like the other way around, as in the SSC became a splinter.

For us, the ideologies never really changed, they just became unwritten because we all know what they are, and by making them unwritten, we deprive assholes from using them as a fall back of "interpertation" being some kind of a fictitious problem.

We all know who and what the problems were.
:eek: I agree with BD

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:24 pm

Inquisitor
That, and those people actually have no effect on us.

Fundamental disgareements and severe personality conflicts ;) And they are not here.

We have built something resilient and special. I take great pride in what we have become. I'd make (mostly) the same decisions faced with similar circumstances again.

This, for all its personality quirks, seems to be working ;)
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:44 pm

NF
Arbiter
@Pad:
I know a few of the old PL sites are still up and running on various servers dotted around and theres even a very early SSC MW3 group site up from before someone with talent got hold of it ;) Not sure what use they would be to ya but I'll dig em out if you think they're of any use Pad.

Happily put my input into anything I can as well, though beyond MW3/4 and darkspace (briefly) I don't know that much I'm afraid
NF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:13 pm

BlueFlames
Fundamental disgareements and severe personality conflicts ;) And they are not here.
I fundamentally disagree with that and feel conflicted with regards to your personality. [Insert annual pattern of explosive conflict here.]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:31 pm

Chimera
Mostly I like the lack of clashing egos and the air of self-righteousness. While I wouldn't say there were board trolls perse in the Shattered Star Confederation, there were definitely individuals who were looking to start trouble via board threads and played Devil's Advocate like it was hobby.

I'm sorry to say but I lost interest in SW: Galaxies partially because of that.

Now in the SSX I can peruse the boards in peace without having to see the message thread title: "I've had it up to here!!!!!!!" or being told through IM's that I've been 'wtfpwned' and that I should 'stfu cuz you dont know what ur talking about.'

...And to think it started with some game called Freespace :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:45 pm

SSX-Killjoy
Actually if I recall Lone's own recount of the history, the SSC started with a little game called Total Annihilation.. :) As well as a they had a pretty good JK1 group going as well. In fact I came in at the tail end of that one.. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:46 pm

Messiah
Chimera wrote:blah blah blah blah
stfu cuz you dont know what ur talking about

You made it too easy to pass up, Chim. ;)
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:45 pm

Ambush
SSX-Killjoy wrote: ...the SSC started with a little game called Total Annihilation.. :) As well as a they had a pretty good JK1 group going as well...
KJ for the win :thumb:
"Ambush, You Have deceived us! I'm gonna hunt you and your ship to the ends of the universe!" --SSC-Fahd "Ham Chronicles"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:03 am

Chimera
Sorry Killjoy. Typically I count dates as AD (After Descent: Freespace).

Prior to that, I record as BC (Before Chimera).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:29 am

Sofia
Certainly its wise to keep track of the past, especially in a group with as long as a background history as SSC/SSX. To dwell in memories is bliss & to learn from lessons bygone is essential.

Nevertheless, from my point of view as someone who joined a long time after those incidents & who only got to know about it through occasional stories ... SSC is history as well now. Picture an unbiased history of a past decades playing community (as far as it can go) to be remembered, but keep the SSX at your hearts. Its the quintessential, period. Friendship. And it serves us well, from a common sense point of view.

Dunno if this makes sense, just my 2c.

PS: Damn, a bee just stung me in my big toe... in my own room. Aaaawww, the itch, *%$#ing beast actually hurt me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:49 pm

Kon
SSX-Killjoy wrote:Actually if I recall Lone's own recount of the history, the SSC started with a little game called Total Annihilation.. :) As well as a they had a pretty good JK1 group going as well. In fact I came in at the tail end of that one.. :)
Thought it was Starfleet Academy?

*Goes back to staying out of the thread.*
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:36 pm

SSX-Killjoy
I forgot about SFA, yeah they were big into that as well.. There were several groups.. :)

They also tried to get into Klingon Academy, but I can't remember what happened to that one.. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:56 pm

BlackDove
Let's hope we never find out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:09 pm

Fenavian
SSX-Killjoy wrote:I forgot about SFA, yeah they were big into that as well.. There were several groups.. :)

They also tried to get into Klingon Academy, but I can't remember what happened to that one.. :)
Not enough support for the game. It was pretty much just Risen and I who wanted to play and show support for it but no one else jumped on board.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:41 pm

BlackDove
Yeah, what a shame that was, have another game tainted by Lonestars presence.

It took me two years to clean his shit up from FS2. I'm so glad he was gone when I came, otherwise I would never have stayed as much as I have.

Return to “Members”