Bot List

Members Only: This forum is restricted to votes and other formal discussions and is intentionally visible to all forum visitors.

Moderators: General Forum Moderators, Global Moderators

Re: Bot List

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:10 am

M.Steiner
Gone :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:20 am

Stracius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Deleted.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:16 am

Isileth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:44 pm

M.Steiner
All gone :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Isileth
Side note on procedure again. I know we have tended to archive spam posts and delete the links, some then get deleted while others sit there, however I do feel its a poor way of handling it.
phpBB has the moderator logs that record all the actions, it makes much more sense to simply straight delete the post and then for those who are moderators but not admins to link the account here for deletion. Right now we are deliberately avoiding the built in system and making the process take longer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:12 am

Anubis
Site Admin
I'd actually rather us not start deleting posts individually.

At present, the only time posts are ever deleted from the forum as a whole are if users delete their own, or a confirmed spam account is deleted. There is a handy "Delete/Retain all Posts" option that phpBB3 includes in the ACP when it comes to deleting posts, which I use when I am completely certain an account is spam and am deleting it (usually very obvious from looking at the profile and sometimes the posts too).

I like that we don't delete posts save for in those circumstances. It allows the Archive to act as a safety net in the sense that, should a post be reported as spam and archived only for my to come to the conclusion later on that the account is not a spam one, the post can be restored if appropriate. If the post has been deleted, on the other hand, it can't be restored.

Whilst I have the utmost faith in our moderation team, I would suggest that it's better to have the safety net than to remove it for the sake of the post not being marked as unread within the Archive for a few hours. Since myself and MS check the forum frequently throughout the day, any accounts/posts being reported as spam can be processed very quickly in terms of reviewing the account for potential deletion. If the posts/accounts were sitting around cluttering up the forum for days/weeks on end I might be inclined to agree with you, but that's just not the case.

I'd just rather us have a safety net than none at all :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:11 am

Isileth
I'm fairly sure we can manage to distinguish spam from non spam. Certainly something like this
Free hangbags at LINK REMOVED get your free handbags the best free handbags with real wow gold inside from LINK REMOVED only our free handbags are genuine canadian make you last longer in bed handbags buy your free handbags now and get a free handbag free at LINK REMOVED

is reasonably easy to decide on.

However if you want to keep doing it that way its fine. It just I was logged on right when the posts were being made, was a pain thinking I had removed all the links and archive it only for it to pop up again in another forum. Much quicker when you can just press delete.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I think you're right that most of the time such posts are very obvious, but I still don't feel that it hurts to utilise a safety net since the posts will only survive a few hours if they are indeed spam anyway. That's always been our policy until now, and whilst I take your point I'd rather not change it at the present time unless there is widespread opposition to that view.

Also, edited those links out of your quote :p Since that post will be staying there, I'd rather not give those links a boost from our Google Page Rank.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Whizbang
Walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

[16:22] <SoulSeeker> i know its not the pc version but i kill kids for fun

<whizbang> Who's the ref?
<Isileth> Some dickhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Decimated.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 am

Isileth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:11 am

Isileth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Isileth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:37 pm

M.Steiner
Done :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 am

Isileth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:01 pm

M.Steiner
All gone :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Isileth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Isileth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:05 pm

M.Steiner
Done, ta :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 am

Stracius
hoott19 wrote:There are many drinks that are drunk by the people.So, the mostly, person like to have beer. They like because of it's benifit. The benifiti is that it hepls to reduce fat from the body and make the mental calm.
[WoW] This type of games should be up dated as soon as possible. Because there are many people that ere very found of such games. As these are very help full for make the brain power full and strong. So, mentaly strongness is the need of this presant era.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Dealt with.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Isileth

Return to “Members”