Gaming tonight

Moderators: Global Moderators, SW:BF Moderators

Gaming tonight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:39 pm

NF
Arbiter
Will be online and playing from about 9pm onwards tonight if anyone fancies a game. My Origin ID is PhilJC. Will also be on Teamspeak.

Press X to gut taun-taun.
NF

Re: Gaming tonight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:22 pm

NF
Arbiter
NF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 am

Isileth
I gave it a little spin tonight, sadly cant seem to get the larger walker map to run smoothly at the moment so just had a few rounds on the pod capture map.

If anyone is playing feel free to prod me on irc if I'm around and I will jump in for a round or two with you.

*update*

Yeah sadly its unplayable for me even on the lowest settings, pretty annoying considering my computer isn't that old, would be nice to play it even on low settings :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:22 am

NF
Arbiter
That's annoying though I can see why you might struggle as it's a sprawling map with a ton going on all the time so bound to hit frame rates pretty hard.

That said I think I prefer the dropzone map as the walker map seems a little one sided in favour of the Imperials - each round is either extremely painful or quite easy depending on what side you get so definitely needs some balancing.

It's also stupidly sniper heavy so if you can't shoot a gnats wings off at 1000 yds then it can get frustrating,

Still a huge amount of fun though!
NF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:38 pm

M.Steiner
How much RAM do you have, Isi? Don't know the specs of your system but if you can play the small map relatively okay but Hoth is unplayable for you, could just be your RAM that you need a bit more of since as NF says, there's a ton going on on that map.

I've actually been really surprised by how well the game performs tbh. With it being a beta build I was expecting it to be a little rough around the edges and feel somewhat unoptimized but really? it runs better than some games do on release. Got it running at 2880x1620, everything set to ultra and I've yet to notice it dip below 60fps. Honestly wasn't expecting that.

I like both game modes and maps but I much prefer Hoth (walker assault). The game doesn't play like either BF & CoD but just to use them as a sizing/general comparison, Hoth is much closer to Battlefield in terms of scale with the much bigger map, supporting more players due to that and has both ground & air support in there too. It's this stuff which always drew me to Battlefield over CoD (though I do like a bit of CoD too, to be fair) so I can see myself playing more of these bigger maps in the full game. The thing with Hoth is (from what I've seen), is that the rebels need to pay more attention to what's going on rather than treating it as a game of team death match, whereas the Imperials seem to be able to get away with that a bit more.

Don't really have any major complaints with what I've seen. Had some lag here and there but that was to be expected and without big ^ (from spotting like you could in Battlefield) it can be hard to see enemy infantry on the ground when you're in the air. Other than that though? No complaints really. I love it.
Looks fantastic, runs extremely well, audio design is superb, gunplay feels solid and best of all - it isn't just a reskinning of Battlefield like Hardline was (which felt like a cheap fan made mod). Totally feels like its own game. Really looking forward to seeing what other game modes the full release has, along with all the other maps, unlocks & customizations :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:24 am

Isileth
M.Steiner wrote:How much RAM do you have, Isi? Don't know the specs of your system but if you can play the small map relatively okay but Hoth is unplayable for you, could just be your RAM that you need a bit more of since as NF says, there's a ton going on on that map.
I meet the minimum system specs for RAM and GPU, 8GB and a 7870XT, cpu is fine as well. I'm obviousely not expecting to run it on anything but low (Although the pod map runs perfectly happily on much higher settings), but it would be nice if being over the minimum specs actually let you play the game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 pm

M.Steiner
Isileth wrote:I meet the minimum system specs for RAM and GPU, 8GB and a 7870XT, cpu is fine as well. I'm obviousely not expecting to run it on anything but low (Although the pod map runs perfectly happily on much higher settings), but it would be nice if being over the minimum specs actually let you play the game.
Hmm, that's disappointing then, yep :/
Just out of curiosity (and you may have already tried), but have you fiddled with the resolution at all? The console versions of this aren't running at 1080p for example, but 720p on Xbone & 900p on PS4. Could be worth experimenting with if you haven't already :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Isileth
Even dropping it all the way down its completely unplayable, definitely some way off with their minimum specs I feel.

Return to “Star Wars: Battlefront”