Screenshots of the Hornet, 300i, 350r, M50 & Aurora

Our SC organization can be found here. Come join us!

Moderators: Global Moderators, SC Moderators

Re: Screenshots of the Hornet, 300i, 350r, M50 & Aurora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Can't express enough how absolutely stunning those pics are.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

Re: Screenshots of the Hornet, 300i, 350r, M50 & Aurora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:49 pm

M.Steiner
They need to release more of the game for me to take pictures of now, or add some new maps to free flight/Vanduul Swarm :p

Also they should make a regular thing of the free ship access imo. Not just for specific ships they want players to test (which they've already said they plan to do in the future), but give backers free access to the full lineup of flyable ships at that point, maybe once every couple of months for a week at a time or something. I think it would probably benefit them in the long run tbh. People are more likely to pledge for that one ship they've had their eye on (or something else they might not have considered) after they've had some free playtime with it than to blind buy something they may not even like flying when they come to actually sit in the thing. A try before you buy kinda thing. Even though you can convert your ships into store credits in a worse case scenario like that (and then do another blind buy heh) I reckon it would increase purchases. I don't plan to buy an M50 myself but I know after having played with it last week that I'd be far more likely to start adding that shit to my basket than I was before.

That being said, they wouldn't want to open them up too often though as that would increase the risk of people being cheap bastards and that'd do more harm than good. As why pledge or upgrade to a better ship if you can access it for free on a regular basis during development?. I suppose some may counter that and say why buy a ship at all if you'll later be able to acquire them all ingame? Which is true, but that doesn't mean they'll all be easy. I expect some of those ships will be next to impossible for most players to even think about acquiring in the game itself. I mean, your average Joe isn't going to be flying around in an 890 for example. Some of those are going to be super hard to get I would think. Again, those with serious amounts of cash to spend might be more likely to put that down on ships they've actually demo'd and know they like.

So yeah, keep bringing the full free access back but space them out a bit. Don't make it a one off or always limited to a specific ship.
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Return to “Star Citizen”