Mechwarrior Online Division

A cult classic goes online! Futuristic warfare in 100 tonne death machines where the screams of your enemies can't be heard over the sounds of explosions!

Moderators: Global Moderators, MWO Moderators

Mechwarrior Online Division

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Rock-n-Roll
When is it appropriate for us to set up a forum and start lining up for a new MW:O division? You pretty much have the entirety of the old Promethean Legacy merc unit in here chomping at the bit for this game plus it looks like a quite a few others.

Groups are already starting to form themselves over at the MW:O site and I would love to be able to make our presence known.

Re: Mechwarrior Online Division

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
If you guys want a forum all you need to do is ask, since it's plain there's more than five of you in line waiting for this. I've been expecting the request for a while, but haven't wanted to jump the gun until you guys were ready to formalise everything :)

I will set one up for you now. If you, or someone else, wants to pass me a forum description and a suggested list of mods I can also set those up for you too.

Similarly, if you want any of you to have access to the News/Screenshot Systems then we can discuss that too - let me know.

Will see what I can do about a group site too if at all possible...I like us having them, think they're a really good advert for us. Unless anyone objects?

EDIT - Done, thanks to Mech and Synn for jointly providing the description for the forum :) Go wild guys!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Thanks for setting this up. Let's have at it folks!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
No worries. I made you the first moderator for the forum so you can create Stickies/Announcements and go power mad if you like.

As I say, if you let me know any other names when you decide upon them I will add them to the group :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:43 am

M.Steiner
I haven't been following MWO as it's not really my cup of tea but I wish you all luck with your new group! :thumb:
Anubis wrote:Similarly, if you want any of you to have access to the News/Screenshot Systems then we can discuss that too - let me know.
Just thinking.. I understand this game has just gone into closed beta or is just about to, right?.
Pretty much all of the closed betas I have been invited to over the years have had an NDA of some description attached to them especially early on. Usually prohibiting one from discussing any beta details in public outside of the official beta forums provided or hosting screenshots & videos in publicly accessible areas too. I don't know very much about the game and I could be wrong but if CB has only just started I would very much expect it to have one too. If that's the case it's probably not a good idea for us to host & share screenshots on our site until that is relaxed or removed unless they're promotional/concept images which they themselves have released. I probably don't need to point that out but thought I would just incase hehe :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:12 am

Chimera
MS is correct of course. No sense getting banned from the game before its even out :)

July is not too far away...
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I meant for the eventual release, rather than for the beta. But MS does raise good points - breaching the NDA is certainly a no no :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
To follow up, a shiny new website for you all, design courtesy of MS' genius-level imagination as usual (and thanks to Rock for okaying the design for us too) ;)

Mechwarrior Online Group Website

As previously mentioned, anyone who wants access to either the News or Gallery administration systems please let me know and we'll sort something out for you. Also, if you want to change any of the content on the "Join Us" page to tailor it to the group more uniquely, just let me know and we can sort that out too :)

Hope you all like it!

Return to “Mechwarrior Online”