The End Game??

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Re: The End Game??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 pm

M.Steiner
SSX-Andy wrote:It goes faster to gear up now than before.

Have 3 pieces of centurion gear (from just a few days of PvP).

After our hardmode Black Talon run tonight I think my gear at least can do that one. Though Eeks tanked most of it, I got to try my gear out some and it held up well enough. Just puts a bit more strain on the healers.
Aye so much easier now than it was before. ;)

And nice on the hardmode! All SSX or did you guys fill in with a random or two?.
And did you guys manage to clear it?. Sorry I missed that. My internet was all over the place last night which is just typical lol, connection didn't come back (and stay) until 3:30am. Hoping it behaves itself today :/
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Ash
It was all SSX, Chimera/ Chaos/ Andy and Lee. Healer, DPS and 2 tanks.

:thumb:
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:13 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Great job tonight guys! I'd say we did amazingly for our first night at running, and it was huge amounts of fun.

Myself and MS' 15 minute flight across Directive 7 in order to escape from a rampaging enraged boss which had wreaked havoc upon the party will also be forever remembered as a great adventure in the annals of time!

Stuck the only screenshot I managed to get into the gallery (damn them for doing whatever they've done to Print Screen to stop the ones I took from saving...). I know MS has a few too - looking forward to seeing them :)

Same time next week???
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:09 am

M.Steiner
Aye lots of fun tonight guys. Really enjoyed this evening :D
It's stuff like this I've been missing and it's really great to have a game where we can do things like this together again. I'd only done a handful of flashpoints leveling up to 50 as I was only really interested in doing them with you guys tbh, glad I'm experiencing some of them for the first time with people here who just care about having fun. :)
I know guild features are one of their top priorities so hopefully we'll have lots more activites to do together as they slowly start adding more content too ^^

And yep same time next week I'd say, I've updated the sticky above and the motd ingame to suit and can post news later. Though people can still do runs during the week if there's enough on and interested, just a good idea to keep a scheduled saturday I think as people will always know what day and time to likely expect them and more people are usually around.

Anyway, looking forward to more! :thumb:

(oh and I've just added the few screenies I managed to take to the gallery too)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 am

Anubis
Site Admin
M.Steiner wrote:(oh and I've just added the few screenies I managed to take to the gallery too)
I really, really LOVE the one of me frying the General :D
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:40 am

Ash
We ran another Hard Mode yesterday on the spur of the moment.
Chimera/ Chaos/ Lee and myself.
Had a go at Boarding Party, which generally went well except for the final trio of bosses.
Where once we had the Tactics working it became obvious that we were short of DPS,
which came down to gear.
The dps drop off was down to me, Chaos (Vel) was decked out in a mix of Centurion/ Champion Eliminator PvP gear,
whilst I was wearing the equipment modified from daily commendations.

I find it strange that to be able to gear for the PvE end game you need PvP gear.

Personally I have started PvPing to upgrade to Centurion/ Champion gear (though i hate the armour style).
Also it may be worth gearing up via the earlier Flashpoints
ie Black Talon, Hammer Station, Athiss and Mandolorian Raiders.

:smack:

EDIT - Correction, at the moment only Hard Mode versions of the Faction specific Flashpoints are available
which means its Black Talon/ Boarding Party/ The Foundry/ Directive 7/ Battle for Ilum/ False Emperor

So ironically you get Columni pieces by being kitted out in Champion items .... odd :weird:

EDIT 2 - We may have got our tactics backwards last night once the healer was down.

http://dulfy.net/2012/01/18/mini-flashp ... ing-party/

suggests you take out Jorland second, allowing you to kite Massey even if he enrages ... may be worth a try.
Ash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:34 pm

M.Steiner
Ash wrote:I find it strange that to be able to gear for the PvE end game you need PvP gear.
Don't think that's the case so much. All the guides I've looked at which detail how to gear yourself at 50 and where different set piece tokens are gotten from have all listed the daily commendations for the epic mods which, like for Eeks, should put peoples gear on par/just over Tionese, and they're also recommended for the Rakata earpieces & implants too though I only got the former. If someone manages to get champion gear on the other hand that's going to be superior as it has higher level mods, or even better - Battlemaster which has 58 epics but the dailies are always listed as a viable option. (I've just gotten battlemaster boots too).

The thing with the 4man hm flashpoints is that there are only 4 people. If even 1 persons gear isn't up to scratch or they're not pulling their weight enough it's impossible to get away with when there are only 3 other people in the group. If you're the tank or healer than nobody else can cover for you unless you happen to have an off t/h and if you're one of the 2 damage dealers and your dps is too low then the other person can't make up for that either. Not that I'm suggesting any of you were slacking btw but this is probably why some people do the below first;

Going by what I have heard & read it's suggested to start with the eaiser flashpoints first which are BT & BP and to run the Eternity Vault operation in normal mode. Use those to gear up and then go at the more difficult hardmodes. EV may be a great idea for us too actually for the same reasons as above. For a start it's normal mode and is apparently easier than some of the more difficult hard modes, there will be 8 of us instead of 4 so if 1 or 2 people need to be carried it's easier to get away with and we can start getting Columi from there too.
We have exactly 8 level 50s now so Eternity Vault is an option for us but it would call for all 8 of us to be online for it. We could see how many we have online on saturday again and if every 1 of us is available we could try that if people fancy?, if not do BT & BP. Either way I think I'll mark the following week for EV on the MOTD ingame too (sat 3rd), gives people 2 weeks notice so hopefully we can manage to get all 8 of us online for it. What do you guys think? :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Ash
I understand what your saying and where you are coming from,
I have geared up through the Daily commendations, not got the implants/ earpiece.
My pistol and all armour is lvl 128, next level would be Champion/ Columi.
At the end of the day our tactics may have been off for the last trio of bosses on Boarding Party.

On another topic I'll throw the spanner in the works immediately with regards to an all SSX Operation,
I'm away this weekend and have a Black Tie affair on the 3rd..... sorry.

;)
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:17 am

Ash
Well we managed to complete Boarding Party on Hard Mode,
kudos to Rigby (MS), Snowstar (Andy) and Eeks (Lee).

Tried the 2 versions of the Kill the Healer first tactic and wiped until Andy suggested taking
out Commander Jorland first, then Security Chief Massey and finally the healer.
First attempt we came within a gnats whisker of completing before wiping.
Second attempt success with all parties still on their feet.

And to cap it all, the Columi Tech Gloves dropped, my Bounty Hunter was very happy

Ash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 pm

SSX-Andy
It was a fun run and really nice that we managed to get that last boss.

With just one DPS I did fear that we had too little damage to do it, but with some nice teamwork it all worked out fine anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:35 pm

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:damn them for doing whatever they've done to Print Screen to stop the ones I took from saving...
Meant to reply to this after I'd tested but forgot. Check your keybindings and make sure print screen is still assigned to screen shot. You can find it under miscellaneous, 5th one down.
I don't usually use prt scr to take my screenies as they tend to come out really compressed compared to when I use fraps but I've taken some random screenies over the last day or two to test and they've all saved perfectly in Libraries>Documents>Star Wars - The Old Republic>Screenshots. I'm guessing your button has become unbound somehow but if it's still bound try unbinding/rebinding or alternatively binding a secondary key to it as well and see if that works. :)

Also, aye, great run last night guys.
You know, I honestly don't mind wiping when we have an outcome like that. All part of the fun and makes downing said boss much more gratifying when we finally manage it.
We'll have to give the Foundry a try on hard mode at some point and see how we go with that but at least we know we're capable of both BT & BP now so those alone will help to keep improving peoples gear and experience. :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Chimera
Glad to hear you finally got that one down :)

I'm all for raiding on Saturday; I don't get home until 10-11 pm GMT during the weekdays so that's why its hard for me to do anything really during the week. If other people are around that time I'm always up for doing some HMs.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Scorpius
Guys you should be able to start ops now as long as you've modded you end game gear with Illum commendation mods and crafted purples. I'd suggest Eternity vault first as the first boss of karraga's palace is a gear/healer check. You can do both Ops with just one tank including hardmodes (not sure on Nightmare not started them yet).
Anyways glad to see your all having fun and if you want any tips on the ops drop me a pm and I'll get on vent and have a chat with you all. (You do have vent right ? :p )
P.S. Sorry I did'nt come with you all but I had other obligations at the time. I may create a Sniper on your server just to hang with the old crowd again.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Scorpius
[quote="Ash"]

I find it strange that to be able to gear for the PvE end game you need PvP gear.

[quote]
It helps but is not needed. I never used any out of principle and did just fine. What I lacked in health (Jugg Tank) I made up with in avoidance and mitigation. Which you loose out on with PVP gear. Columni > High level PvP gear as your health will rocket up and you'll have the aforementioned avoidance and mitigation to go with it.
Power Corrupts, Ultimate Power is Fun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Chimera
I think people might tend to take the PvP route to get gear for PvE because its less monotonous than doing dailies over and over and goes a bit quicker. I don't PvP that much because my FPS is difficult to work with...but PvP gear is definitely handy for upping your hitpoints, which is nice for the hardmodes and operations.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:46 pm

SSX-Andy
Despite HK-47 being buggy as hell, hardmode Foundry is now beaten.

If they fix the bugs it will be one easy Flashpoint, way easier than Boarding Party.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 am

Ash
Gratz guys on beating the Foundry

Ash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:07 am

Chaos
Excluding HK-47 bugging on us a few times that was a fun time. Can't wait for EV next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:16 am

M.Steiner
Ah you guys did the Foundry today? Congrats! ^^
Was my Mum's birthday this weekend so other than a bit of playing my alt and leaving him crafting whilst I did other stuff I've not been at my desk for too long. Should be around more next weekend and for this EV run we've had planned for the last few weeks (providing we have the numbers). Can do the Foundry and some others if not. :)

Anyhow I shall post our latest flashpoint achievement to the group website tomorrow! :thumb:
Scorpius wrote:P.S. Sorry I did'nt come with you all but I had other obligations at the time. I may create a Sniper on your server just to hang with the old crowd again.
Heya Scorp. Figured you may have when I noticed you were missing from our pre-launch guild list. That's cool though, playing with anyone we know?
If you ever fancy rolling a character on our server too you're always welcome :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Grats guys! :D

Sounds like you're progressing pretty well considering you've only been at this for a few weeks ^^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Rock-n-Roll
So, I'm at at the beginning game...so see you in few months ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:47 am

SSX-Andy
Rock-n-Roll wrote:So, I'm at at the beginning game...so see you in few months ;)
Months? Slacker. You got three weeks. Now start playing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Great job tonight guys! For our first time running it, I'd say we did incredibly well at the Eternity Vault! Pics going into the Gallery shortly :)

Hopefully either tomorrow or next week we'll go all the way and complete the whole thing :thumb:

EDIT: Pics up :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:00 am

Lee
love the Ev dance.

also love the picture before it which catches the end of a conversation saying... "was that it?" :lol:
Eeks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 am

M.Steiner
Great weekend guys. Have just made a news post about our events and also uploaded the screenies I took during Sat/Sun too. Getting a nice collection now ^^
Looking forward to our next group activites ;D

(Feel free to swap those news post images onto our news server instead of imageshack when you have a minute too, Anny. Figured I'd make the post before I went to bed rather than wait ;))

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”