The End Game??

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

The End Game??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:26 am

Ash
Okay I just thought I would throw this out to get the ball rolling.

A number of us (7 at the last count woth a number close behind) have hit level 50 and are in the
process of gearing up either by PvP or PvE (daily commendations).

I now a couple of us have been running flashpoints on an ad hoc basis but I was thinking
that maybe we should schedule a night/ or day where we do some of the following as a guild.

1. Hard Mode Flashpoints.

2. Premade PvP.

3. Operations.

I am concerned that if we are not careful that the initial interest will wain and people will drift away.

So any thoughts, ideas, comments?
Ash
The quiet one in the corner

Re: The End Game??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:29 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I agree, and have been waiting for this to be raised for a while now (since MS capped really).

Pick a day, and lets run with some scheduled group content. Should be a lot of fun. If you want my opinion, the best day for me would be Saturday.

I should point out though that I'm not really 'gearing up' at present, since my gaming attention is elsewhere for now. I'm not overly fussed about endgame content myself, so if that makes me a liability to any grouping then I am happy to just sit out - I don't mind. Don't want people to assume I'm expecting to come, without putting in the same amount of effort as others are :)
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:01 pm

SSX-Andy
I'll hit 50 soon with my lil Juggernaut. Depending on whether my gf gets a leave this weekend or not, I'm up for something. Although my gear atm isn't much to cheer for.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:04 pm

M.Steiner
Ash wrote:I am concerned that if we are not careful that the initial interest will wain and people will drift away.
I would hope not, I've been 50 for just over a month now lol. But I see your point :)

We'll have 7 level 50s. I'll add Snowstar rather than Lysea as Andy will be 50 on that character any day now.

Myself (healer)
Eeks (tank)
Velindia (dps)
Wulfe (hybrid)
Chymera (healer)
Lordanubis (dps)
Snowstar (tank)

I don't know how this all goes but I would assume that we'd be best doing the hm flashpoints before jumping into the operations as I figure they will be much harder and thus require better gear from those and the experience that goes with them. Could be wrong.

As far as gearing up for flashpoints goes, right at this very minute everybody has the opportunity to do this if they want in. Unlike WoW when we had progressed far in and people were expecting to be ran through instances we had already cleared or other members having to overgear so they could carry others through the place because their gear wasn't sufficient, we don't have that issue atm because we're starting from scratch and it's still early days.

For those who haven't hit 50 yet - The 2 main ways of gearing up at 50 are to either PVP and get yourself kitted out in champion gear. They do have expertise stats but the other stats on the champ gear are great and a massive improvement. Centurion isn't much of an improvement over some pieces I had and Battlemaster will take much longer as you'd need valor 60 but you can start aiming for champion as soon as you hit 50 if that's your thing. [This pvp gear guide explains how this all works. Some of the recent patch changes have altered the amount of commendations you get from these but it gives you an idea how they work]
Or you can do the pve dailies in Belsavis & Ilum. These reward certain mods (and give you commendations to buy a couple of other mods like armourings). Stick a bunch of these in a set of custom gear along with the top crafted modifications to fill the other slots. You can also get some fantastic earpieces from these as well (and some implants, though my crafted ones still had the edge). Once you have these you're pretty much good to go. There are a few heroic +2/4 dailies but the rest can be done solo. Eeks and I grouped up and were running these together and got through all of Belsavis (both south & north) & Ilum in around 1hr 30min. After selling loot and handing all your dailies in you can make around 150k per day doing this too so if you need to buy mats or anything else off the GTN or you're after a landspeeder then this is easy money. Ofc extra cash will be good for any expensive repairs/respecs too. Or if you need to buy a thousand skills like Anny here :lol: :p
;D

People should also aim to get a matrix cube constructed. When combining 3 red shards an Agent can get [Matrix Cube M7-R3]. These are some of the best you can acquire and they're a piece of piss, all they require is some exploring. [Here's a list of the other level 50 matrix relics, some may require 3x yellow or 3x blue or whatever rather than red but there's a datacron guide here which shows you where they all are for whichever you need.

You could probably gear up from normal level 50 flashpoints rather than hard mode too I guess but I can't comment on this as I've been focusing on pvp and dailies. :)

On the importance of gearing up and going by the test run myself, Eeks & Andy did when the 3 of us weren't wearing amazing gear. I would say it's most important for the tank and any people healing to be as well geared as they can get themselves, more so than dps. Though that doesn't mean dps shouldn't bother :p. Some of the mobs we encountered hit damn hard and if your tank is undergeared he's not going to be able to take as much damage which will make your healers life more difficult and if your healer(s) wearing crap gear too then...
I can't account for all of our gears but I can say that myself and Eeks should already be good to go in this department. My gear consists of; full Champion set (inc offhand) but now with Battlemaster suit, pants, and blaster rifle, crafted purple imps, daily earpiece, columi relic and my classes constructed matrix cube. Eeks has gone the other route and is all modded up.

As for days I would say the weekends would be best for any pre-arranged group stuff. I know we tend to be a lot more active over the weekends and see US guys like Mech during EU times more often then too so we'd probably be able to get more people involved on a saturday/sunday for instance. This is thinking longterm too when we have more 50s.
I'm up for doing things on the spur of the moment as well though. Say if 4 of us are already on and have the time to try a hm BT run during the week or something, if those people can make a suitable group ofc.
If any of you want to try a SSX Black Talon hardmode run this weekend count me in. :)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Ash
Personally I'm upgrading my current Orange armour via the Daily Commendation route for a damage orientated set,
then I'll acquire a set designed for off tanking.

Weekends tend to be better for me also.

And looking at that list we seem to have an even balance of numbers between the roles.
Although I wonder if my Hybrid DPS will last long.

Also I will endeavour to get the Cybertech items useful for gear to artifact level.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:26 pm

M.Steiner
I forgot to say in my other post and this should go without saying but if anyone needs a pair of level 49 purple implants crafting by all means let me know. I've been trying to unlock and construct them for people when (and sometimes in advance) of them hitting 50 and I think I've kitted most people out so far but I'm starting to lose track lol. When each variation of the imps are linkable on Torhead I'll be making a long overdue list of everything I can craft but until then just gimme a shout and I'll see what I have available!. If I haven't already unlocked something with suitable stats for you then I'll start reversing an imp that does until I get the purple of it.
I can't guarantee slots obviously as these are not only random but harder to get on the higher end than the low end, even when you have several companions with maxed affection but I'll reserve any I do get for clannies if they can be used :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Chaos
I've been concentrating on warzones latly because i'v actually been having some fun doing those. But i would love to run some hard mode Flashpoints sometime soon too. My BH(Velindia) is specced DPS atm. Weekends would be the best time for me, but i should be able to make it in the evening server time some nights of the week.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:26 am

Anubis
Site Admin
Since there is general agreement then, shall we pencil in a time? And maybe fogure out who is needed and who isn't? Not sure how many you can take on a Flashpoint, but I'm not sure it'll be 7?
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:12 am

M.Steiner
Anubis wrote:Since there is general agreement then, shall we pencil in a time? And maybe fogure out who is needed and who isn't? Not sure how many you can take on a Flashpoint, but I'm not sure it'll be 7?
4 players for hardmode flashpoints. So when we get to a point where there are plenty of us wanting to do these, which we're almost at tbh. We're going to have to have different groups arranging to run them and/or rotating people in and out. Like right now we appear to have 2 level 50 healers and (shortly) will have 2 lvl 50 tanks. So it would probably be best to have 2 of us heal & tank for group1 and then the other 2 heal & tank for a second group. Then the other 4 slots (2 from each) could be filled with other members. Should hopefully help from having people feeling left out as peeps can always organize new groups within the guild as more hit 50 and want to participate. At least that's my thinking hehe :)
At some point we could probably rotate a random or two into these groups which would be a good way of meeting new peeps (and maybe potential recruits) but I would rather we got comfortable with doing these with our own members first personally.
When we come to doing Operations however those are 8man so more of us would be able to do those in 1 single group, annnnd if/when the time comes they can be run as 16man too. I'm not sure what the group makeup for these would be, whether it would be 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 dps/off tank/healer so I'll have to look into that when the time comes...

Anyway. Flashpoints.
Each group of 4 should have a tank and a healer for starters and then you'd fill your other 2 slots with dps/hybrid or whatever. As long as Eeks is available this weekend, and I know he's been looking forward to these too, we have the most important role covered. [Andy isn't 50 on his tank just yet but he was saying to me earlier that he probably won't be on much this weekend anyway due to the above.]

If it's saturday we're going for with this then I can do anytime before 4pm (GMT) and then anytime after 6pm. Leaving a couple of hours inbetween as whilst I would be able to be around on and off during that time, I'll have to keep breaking off to do cooking & eat but other than that I can login just about whenever. If it's gonna be sunday then I'll figure the times out for that and post back if needed. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:20 am

Ash
Cough... Snow hit 50 earlier

Also as an aside after wasting my time waiting for a balloon in the dune sea,
I have discovered that you can only have one Matrix assembled at a time.

:smack:
Ash

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:43 am

M.Steiner
Ash wrote:I have discovered that you can only have one Matrix assembled at a time.
Ah yes, can only have 1 of them but if it's a pre-level 50 one that you have you can disassemble it to reuse the shards into assembling a new level 50 one.
Easily done :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 am

Ash
It was the fact that i had one pretty easily, straight 3 x yellow.

Then took me alot longer to get the 3 x blues, as one involved a balloon ride over the Dune Sea,
and I'm sure Eeks will sympathise with me on that one. :shake:

:clown:
Ash

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 pm

SSX-Andy
That balloon ride over the dune sea sure is fun... Especially if you miss the drop down to the +Str cube the first time.

I have hit 50 on the juggernaut, but not even done with Voss, so have all of Corellia to do to unlock the dailies there and finish the storyline. My gear really isn't up for taking the punishment of hard mode just yet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Chimera
Saturday and Sunday works fine for me.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Since I'm guessing this didn't happen this weekend, since MS didn't prod me, shall we try and nail down a time for next week?

I'm good all day Saturday honestly, but maybe our old WoW-EU raiding time of 7pm GMT might be a place to start? Or a couple of hours later?

Just figure we need to arrange this a bit more specifically than the day, so that people don't need to idle ingame all day in order to participate.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:24 am

M.Steiner
Andy, Chaos, Chim & myself did a few flashpoints together this evening though they weren't hardmodes. I took some pics so I'll be sticking them up in our gallery shortly. [Edit - They're up.]
I was hoping that Eeks would make an appearance before this weekend so I could poke him about this in advance but guessing he's been busy. Couldn't go ahead with a hardmode flashpoint without his tanking other than looking for a random well geared tank and Andy's only been 50 for a few days on his tank. Didn't really want our first SSX hardmode to be just 3 SSX and have our tank, who basically leads all the pulls and everything, as some random person we happened to find. Plus I know he's been looking forward to doing them too so wouldn't have wanted to leave him out :)

So...

How about we pencil in a SSX hardmode flashpoint (or 2) for next Saturday (18th), and I'd been thinking 7pm GMT too Anny. Should be a decent time for both our EU & US members with it being the weekend. :thumb:
Andy and our other lvl 50s can continue improving gear as best they can during the week, me included even though I'm sure it's more than sufficient already hehe. With any luck we'll see Eeks during the week to give him a headsup on this too, then we'll just have to see who turns up on sat.
If we only have 1 tank online and 1 healer then we'll only be able to run the 1 group together, unless there's 2 other lvl 50 guildies online who wanted to find a random healer & tank to fill slots for a second group, but that would be up to them. If however both Andy & Eeks are online and both myself and Chim are too then we could possibly try running 2 groups. All depends who's online at the time. But.. If we don't have the right peeps for flashpoints and/or one group goes ahead but there's a few people left out we could group up and play some warzones as a guild instead. Much easier to arrange and they should be fun too?. Important thing is to do more things together as a group methinks!

Sound good?. I'll stick a news item up on the site about it tomorrow if so and change the MOTD ingame so people see when they login. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Sounds good to me :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Chaos
I have a boy scout function to go to Saturday morning. It will last till sometime in the afternoon. Not sure how long i will be, so i may not make it for the next round of fun. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm

M.Steiner
Hopefully there will be lots more to come ;)
I've made a post to stick at the top of the forum btw where we can keep dates & times for any runs we have organised too btw. Will make news post later when I've done some more warzones ^^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Lee
blimey - disappear for a weekend for a spur of the moment, lazy, takeaway eating, gearsofwar3 weekend with best mate = miss loads.

firstly. yes, dune sea i feel pain. there was a 105 minute diatribe of abuse dictated whilst i waited, missed a spawn and generally thought it was bollocks.

i know it was mentioned when i popped on earlier, should be around this weekend. dont have any plans that would mean i couldnt. if theres four which ever way round it is i'm sure we could do it.... if theres more then we can do two on consecutive days or later... we all seem pretty easy.

on the gear issue (well covered ms) i have done the daily = bought mods route, stat wise with top mods my gear is comparable to Tionese (T1) and some better. It is only a point here or there short of T2 (but without set bonus) really, which would add up over the full set of course.....

i would like to think that with the HM being 4's and there being quite a few of them, we would get to quite a casual point whereby anyone on could just see a few others share a daily/weekly and just go do it(one) without pressure or planning.
we'll leave that for the two big chaps 8/16 (soon to be 3 with rakghouls?)

overall, looking forward to it.
Eeks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 am

Ash
In the process of finishing armour upgrade via daily commendations, only 2 left to get.
Bought Purple lvl 49 enhancements.
Just got to upgrade the modifications from the blue lvl 49 to purple lvl 49,
which is dependent upon me getting my hands on Mando Ore.
Underworld Trading is gathering Grade 6 materials, so in conjunction with the Exchange
I should be okay.

All i need to do then is acquire a set of armour specced for off-tanking and then my DPS hybrid is good to go.

Should be around Saturday evening, walking during the day, but should be back.

:thumb:
Ash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Chimera
Yeah that sounds good for Saturday. I haven't really been able to play more than an hour or two on weekdays as of late so weekends have been my time to play. Hopefully that will change with work in the near future but we'll see.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Chaos
Ash i believe i have some mando iron in my bank. give me a shout next time we're both online and i'll see what i have.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:20 pm

M.Steiner
So, how's everyones gear coming along? :)
I've even upgraded mine slightly too lol. I now have a Battlemaster belt to add to my other bm pieces (blaster rifle, suit, pants & imps) and if I get 1 more battlemaster commendation tonight I'll be getting the boots as well. :thumb:

Gearing up with PvP has been made much, much easier than it was before for people below valor 60. Up until recently champion bags only contained 3x Centurion commendations and if you were lucky you'd get 1x Centurion commendation and 1 unassembled champion token to exchange for whatever slot it was for too. But, even with those you could get duplicates of what you already had so this system was basically all about luck. I could go 10 bags with sod all and then get 2 duplicates of something I already had lol.
Right now however you get 13 Centurion commendations & 7 Champion commendations per champion bag, still with the chance of getting an unassembled champion token. So with those champion commendations (which you got none of before) you can save up and pick the pieces you want first or still need.
Piece of cake really, kinda annoyed that it wasn't like this when I was gathering my champion pieces too! lol :p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:22 am

SSX-Andy
It goes faster to gear up now than before.

Have 3 pieces of centurion gear (from just a few days of PvP).

After our hardmode Black Talon run tonight I think my gear at least can do that one. Though Eeks tanked most of it, I got to try my gear out some and it held up well enough. Just puts a bit more strain on the healers.

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”