Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

Anything going on in here?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:56 pm

Rock-n-Roll
anything?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:29 pm

Padishar
Well everything west of the hootenanny has been farely focused on the DDO MMO by Turbine...... currently in beta.

I personally lost faith in Turbine some time ago.
Don't know the exact day exactly.... it went something like:
"Ok this is the last time they screw me and take my money... no really this is the last time." :sometime later: "Ok this time is the last time...." :sometime later: "Holy crap they really did me a good one this time, maybe I should take a break for awhile."

And I never came back......

Quick history lesson. I can talk all day about how Turbine has screwed AC1 over, but will just give you a quick overview of Turbine support structure instead (to make things shorter and less like a book report).

A group of gamers get together and join the fledgling MMO market making AC1. Later, due to great success and support it becomes a corporation and slowly goes down the toliet.

Since they had a support base of money coming in from AC1, they completely and utterly abused there AC1 loyal followers to funnel all support to AC2..... This all by itself I could write a book on..... :shake:

While AC2 came out the gate early and looked great they snagged the licenses for MiddleEarth and D&D.....
AC2 was never finished and abondoned in favor of the next money big money train. Right after selling an expansion for AC2 to try and squeeze more money out of the few that played and sucker more people into playing an unfinished game (the expansion still only implemented a few things promised from the start), they release they are closing AC2. Thanks for your money and stupidly following/believing us like lost sheep, but we got these killer licenses now... who needs you?

Like I said when I started, I could break down the horrible support structure; the poor decisions; the once close knit community with the devs which eventually changed to an abusive abandoned community; poorly coded connection bugs which YOU have to call them and pay for to get them to fix..... and on and on I could go.
They now have the second worst rated support score of MMO's next to SOE. :shake:

So, 6+ years of abuse is enough. Beyond a few reviews (curiosity) I havn't even attempted to bother with either DDO or MiddleEarth.....

My love/hate relationship with Turbine has finally tilted more towards the latter.......

On the flip side, its good to see ya Rock :thumb: :thumb: hehe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:03 pm

BlueFlames
I'm stocking up on materials and players for the campaign I'll be running in my residence hall's basement next semester. I'm planning on chronicling it in here once it gets going.

You're also jumping the gun just a bit. I could be wrong, but I thought the unwritten rule was letting the forum grow mold for at least a month before pulling the trigger on it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:28 pm

Messiah
Talon was runnig a campaign up until about early October, then he took a mistress and we haven't heard from him since.

Actually, he took a new job and moved, then had trouble getting high speed access. I am not sure if we will be continuing with his campaign or not.

Playing in his campagin were myself, Serberus, Koshikata, and Skydog. Lazlo played for several sessions. Coldboot was interested in having a look, and I think Serb had a friend who was interested.

As of now, nothing is happening. I have considered starting up a new campaign. It has been very nice to be a player again after so many years at the helm, and I am not sure I am ready to take charge again without a serious group of players.

So, Rock, that is the state of our online D&D group. Sure do miss the good old days with Ragnar, and the gang.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:32 pm

Chimera
Ah Ragnar. High of Leadership, Low of Hitpoints.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:25 pm

Rock-n-Roll
Hey, Ragnar only had so few hitpoints so that he could be the one who died alot, sparing everyone else from that fate.

If anything new starts up, it might could be that I would be interested.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:37 pm

Messiah
Just got word from Talon that he is ready to start up again. I am sure there is a spot for you, if you like, but we are already at about 7th level. Love to have you!

(I am sure we can convince Talon to give you a HP bonus as incentive to join)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:50 am

Talon
Rock you are more than welcome to play. I have sent you an email.

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”