RAWR!

Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

RAWR!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Gryphon
Alright - I've never played D+D in my LIFE! BUT! I have mysteriously come across three of the core books - The monster manual - Player Guide - and the Dungeon masters Guide...

I'm not sure what Edition they are... They all look like really fancy spellbooks or somesuch...

For anyone who would be able to find out te ISBNS are:

Players handbook - 0-7869-1550-1
DM guide - 0-7869-1550-1
monster manual - 0-7869-1552-8

Anyone know if these are still usable - as I'd like to give it a go at some point... although if it means shelling out for new books, then I might not bother...

Oooh - the first print was august 2000 if that helps - I just can't seem to find the edition of the rules labelled anywhere....
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:59 pm

BlueFlames
Those sound like the 3rd Edition books. The current edition of the rules is 3.5, and there have been some substantial changes between the two editions.

If there's a good used book store nearby, you might want to see how much you can trade those books in for. At the very least, I bet you could get enough to pay for a current Player's Handbook, and unless you're DM'ing, that's all you really need to get going.
Shattered Star Exiles: A schism. A bond. A squad.
"I don't know what's more twisted: blowing up ambulances or setting it to Huey Lewis." --Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:02 pm

Gryphon
BlueFlames wrote:Those sound like the 3rd Edition books. The current edition of the rules is 3.5, and there have been some substantial changes between the two editions.

If there's a good used book store nearby, you might want to see how much you can trade those books in for. At the very least, I bet you could get enough to pay for a current Player's Handbook, and unless you're DM'ing, that's all you really need to get going.
Hoki koki :) thanking you's for the info! :thumb:
ESO - EU - Ebonheart
Jalfrezi - Khajit DK/Destro
Peeks-Through-Windows - Argonian Templar/Resto

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”