Undermountain Contest

Roll the dice! Formerly the D&D Forum.

Moderators: Global Moderators, D&D Moderators

Undermountain Contest

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:31 am

BlueFlames
Right, I know we're not all Forgotten Realms fans here... Okay, I'm not a Forgotten Realms fan, but I do know we're all fans of those beautiful US greenbacks and free D&D manuals. Bearing that in mind, I bring news from the WotC advertising pit.

Wizards has been running a series of articles updating the enormous Undermountain dungeon to 3.5 rules. Thus far, they've been going room-by-room, and now they're handing out an opportunity for you to leave your mark on the updated Undermountain. They've selected a room from the first level map and invited readers to make their own description (in 2000 words or less). Entries will be accepted from May 1 (two days ago) until May 31.

The Wizards forum moderators are going to choose the top ten entries at the end of the month, and an open poll will be run to choose the final winner. Said winner will have the piece commissioned for $140 and get a free copy of the upcoming Waterdeep book for the Forgotten Realms setting.

More detailed rules are available on the WotC website.

[edit]Someone slap me if I don't remember to desticky this at the end of May.[/edit]

[edit 2]The entry deadline is up. Keep an eye on Wizards website to see when the final voting begins.[/edit 2]
Last edited by BlueFlames on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shattered Star Exiles: A schism. A bond. A squad.
"I don't know what's more twisted: blowing up ambulances or setting it to Huey Lewis." --Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:24 pm

Chimera
Basically, when the players step into my room they are shrunk to 2 inches tall and then have to deal with a hungry tabby cat that's been thrown in to the room, who strangely enough, has the dispel magic device for the shrinking effect hanging from its collar.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:34 am

BlueFlames
Anybody who likes waiting for the final half hour to do these things should be advised that you're down to the final half hour.

Return to “Tabletop RPGs”