Weekly Group Game

Shivans, space crack and the SCP.

Moderator: Global Moderators

Weekly Group Game

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:08 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Near the close of last year both myself and Lighty put up polls establishing what would be a good time for people to play FS2. Results from that seem to indicate that people would be abke and willing to play on a Saturday from around 8pm GMT.

I am aware that since the polls were issued there has been quite a long hiatus between them and us taking any action, so I think its time to remedy that.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a regular weekly game going. However before we can attempt that we need to know who would be interested and whether Saturday at 8pm is still a reasonable time.

Can anyone who's interested post here please, and say whether the day and time suits them :) Lets hope we can get as many people as possible.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:12 pm

c
Sounds fine :)

Time to dust off the preciousss and kick some arse. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:36 pm

BlackDove
I'm game.

You know come to think of it.

QD has it been two years since the last time I touched Code Name Robin Hood? Man we used to do that thing like crazy.

It'd be good to replay that sometimes. I was always the beautiful Perseus.

Also...I'm getting an 8/1mb line this month. That'd probably average my upload to about 120kbps.

Might be good for hosting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:58 am

Ripsaw
Saturday 8pm GMT is more than fine for me ...
Hope to see ya all in Space then :thumb:
You get what you Deserve ...
SSX-Ripsaw
aka. SSC-Ripsaw aka. TPH--Phreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:47 pm

Singh
8pm GMT is around 4Am here. But what hte hell, im doing an allnighter for my writing anyway. Count me in if its an open match :p
There is a rule in the universe, saying that anything is possible. But then, if anything is possible, is it not possible that in some instances, everything is actually impossible?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:00 pm

c
The more the merrier. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:04 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Just so you all know, I'm not planning to start the first game today, but probably next Saturday. Give those who haven't seen the thread time to post, and when we have confirmed numbers, sort out who will host etc.

Glad to see theres a few of you interested btw :thumb:

EDIT: I will play tonight if theres people who do want to play. Just get onto IRC and poke me. I'd simply planned on having this fully organised before starting it.
Last edited by Anubis on Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:05 pm

BlackDove
I have a pretty good host, 56ish kbps upload.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:47 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Well we did have a game for tonight planned, but unforseen problems stopped it from happening. Some couldn't be helped (such as BD's joystick failing), and some were down to the fact that this is a new thing (Singh not being able to keep awake coz it was 4am in his timezone).

The way forward now is to re-organise things so that everyone can play. Lets move onto the issues and try to resolve them.

Firstly, the time is unsuitable for some players, mainly Singh. Im thinking that maybe those of us who are around at 6pm GMT (i know not everyone is available then) could have a couple of games then, to give Singh and anyone else in his position the chance to participate. We would then play again at 8pm GMT, so that those who cant make 6pm GMT can play. This way everyone gets a game.

Secondly, a host. If he doesnt mind then we will take advantage of BD's server for a first week or two. Hopefully then we will be able to start a rotation of one person hosting each week, that way its fairer on everyone.

Thirdly, a meeting place. Everyone has access to an IRC client whether it be one on their PC or the one on the main site. Can I propose that everyone joins our IRC channel (#SSX) five or ten minutes before 8pm GMT. That way we know who's here and we arent waiting around ingame for people who havent been able to come along on that particular week.

As this is a new thing there will most likely be problems we encounter for the first couple of weeks, until we get a well organised system for this in place (i.e. times that suit everyone, final hosting decisions). Hopefully we'll have the first group game next week. In the meantime if you could comment on that which I've mentioned in this post or throw out ideas or comments of your own I'd be grateful. Lets try and get this game ready to go for next week :thumb:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:57 pm

Singh
I apologize for leaving - but I was half-sick with a cold and just couldn't stay up much longer :(

Promise I will stay up this time though :)
There is a rule in the universe, saying that anything is possible. But then, if anything is possible, is it not possible that in some instances, everything is actually impossible?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:56 pm

Arrox
I am good to go. Count me in :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:05 pm

c
Welcome to the forums, Arrox.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:51 am

Medford
OMG Rippy ur alive!! :p
How are ya man?
when u guys thinking of playing again??
aka DW-Spawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:07 pm

BlackDove
I think the official time is pretty much outlined in the first post.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:51 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
I apologise for my absence last night guys. I was out at the time, and couldn't get back until about 9pm. I'm gonna try and keep next week free.

Thanks go to BD for taking command of the group game :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:47 pm

BlackDove
I will blaim you forever and nothing you do or say can make things right between us anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:03 pm

c
We love you too ;) :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:27 pm

BlackDove
;D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:43 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
Just letting people know that the game will take place this week, same day and time. Be there if you can. I look forward to flying with you :)

Return to “FreeSpace”