Hey there Fellas.

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Hey there Fellas.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 am

Miasma
As Kahn spoke of in an earlier thread, I am making a return to SSX.

I don't want to presume anything about my welcome, so I open this thread up for comments, questions, concerns, etc.
Anyone who doesn't know me is invited to get to know me in this thread too.

So then, Hi. :thumb:

Re: Hey there Fellas.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:30 am

Messiah
Welcome back, NW!
"All I was trying to do was get people to want to make their own new ring of light so that it is forever a name with meaning and substance ...." - BlackDove the Beneficent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 am

Jericho78
Welcome back NW, don't know you but I've seen you in and out of the forums a few times. Hopefully it will be a long stay this time. :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:29 am

Kon
Welcome back, my friend! If you'd like, I think Anubis could fix you up with your new name, or if not you could just reregister. I am interested in hearing what your plans are for the alliance. In particular, with regards to recruiting. What do you believe should be our first priority?
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:18 am

Miasma
I'm okay with retaining my old name here, unless it's just remarkably easy to change. For those that don't know, I go by Miasma around the CN circles.

My ideas regarding recruiting start with raising the profile of the alliance on a grand CN scale. A thread or two on the OWF, a couple of treaties, publicizing our IRC channel on Coldfront. You know, things that will plant a seed of recognition in the average CN-er's head. The benefit of this is the possibility of experienced defectors, sort of like me.
Then, as our profile is being raised, we target allianceless, experienced players, most likely ones that grow weary of the scope of CN politics, as the drudgery of the peace periods is among us, and a new Hegemony is trying to establish itself.
Personally, I would set a goal of a million or two NS before we start going after newbs. In my travels I find them to be the least accepting of CN norms, which is acceptable in other alliances, but a bit tougher for us considering the lack of an authoritarian system.

That's the basic premise I'm operating under.

Thoughts, questions, critiques?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
NWRoyale wrote:I'm okay with retaining my old name here, unless it's just remarkably easy to change. For those that don't know, I go by Miasma around the CN circles.
It should be a simple change in the Admin Panel. I can change it pretty quickly if you like, though it will also change the username you login with iirc.
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

Forever an eXile and proud of it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:16 pm

M.Steiner
Anybody can change their username without the need of an admin, unless that function has been disabled at some point. I did it a long time ago. And yes you'll have to login with the new username from then on ofc. :)

User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Account Details. See the username box at the top? Replace your current name with the new one and hit submit. Should do the trick. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-MS wrote:Anybody can change their username without the need of an admin, unless that function has been disabled at some point. I did it a long time ago. And yes you'll have to login with the new username from then on ofc. :)

User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Account Details. See the username box at the top? Replace your current name with the new one and hit submit. Should do the trick. :thumb:
Heh, I've never needed to do that. Guess it's not an Admin Panel change after all :) Thanks for the heads up MS!
"Perhaps this is what I have always wished for since that day. The loss and destruction of all. That's right, one must destroy before creating. In that case, if my conscience becomes a hindrance to me, then I will simply erase it. I have no other choice but to move forward....therefore!" - Lelouch vi Britannia/Zero, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:20 am

Miasma
I looked in the Control Panel, and my Username wasn't an option to be changed, unless I'm missing something.

Anubis, if you'd change me to Miasma, I'd be very appreciative!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:11 am

M.Steiner
Sorry about that. It did used to work for all members at one point, not quite sure when that changed to admins only. I'm guessing the permissions for it were probably changed by one of the board updates unintentionally, so my fault there!

Your username should now be Miasma so you'll need to login with that now but your pass should be the same as whatever it was before. :)

(Hope you don't mind me doing that Anny, didn't seem fair me ignoring the thread & leaving it to you when i'm about and know what to do hehe)
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:26 am

Miasma
Wonderful, Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Anubis
Site Admin
SSX-MS wrote:(Hope you don't mind me doing that Anny, didn't seem fair me ignoring the thread & leaving it to you when i'm about and know what to do hehe)
Nope, tis fine, and thanks for doing so. Saves me work so why should I complain? ;)

I'll look at the permissions issue this weekend when I get a chance. If the functionality is there, there is no reason users should not have access to it. Glad you're all sorted now regardless NW.

Return to “Cyber Nations”