Trade circle attempt...

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Trade circle attempt...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:58 pm

Inquisitor
I have furs and sugar. With my current trades, I can't keep all my partners if I get into a circle, but I can keep some of them.

I currently trade with all SSX except Kap Verde, who provides me with Cattle and Pigs.

Trade partners-
Kap Verde (non SSX)- Cattle and Pigs
Zeph- Gold and Pigs
Oz - Fish and Pigs
Syro - Wine and Lumber
Falcon - Marble and Uranium

I also am trading with Syro and Falcon, and each of them have an "odd man out" resource (and I have Furs), so my thinking of sorta the most good, and still get a good trade circle would be something like this:

Aluminum
Cattle - Kap
Iron
Lumber -
Marble - Falcon (?)
Pigs - Kap
Spices
Sugar -Me
Water
Wheat

With the extra resources:
Furs - Me
Uranium - Falcon (?)

I think it will be easier to complete if I already haqve both Cattle AND Pigs, which is why I am considering keeping Kap (and also he's been a partner since very early in the game). Falcon with Uranium is probably the hardest one to place, so my temptation would be to keep Falcon. I could go either way. I can only keep 1 of the current SSX partners and still complete the circle, unless my math is wrong on the "extra" resources?

I am looking for suggestions, I don't see any way to keep everyone, that does none of us any good long term, and I don't see a way to really keep more than 1 SSX trade partner, either.

Kahn could presumably trade with whoever I drop to minimize the damage and get some temp benefit, even though he already has pigs?
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Messiah
I think it is well considered, Inquisitor.

Definitely keep Kap, if he is willing to stay. He has a great resource set and could easily join another circle.

I think Falcon and Zeph would be the most difficult to fit into a complete trade circle. Most players don't need uranium, and those that do are usually at the top of the game. If you keep Falcon, I would start by searching nuclear nations without complete circles first. They are most likely to want a stable circle providing uranium.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Inquisitor
So what's better? Help Falc out or help Syro?
No signature

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Messiah
Well, let me first say that, as many of us have seen, establishing a stable trade circle can be very difficult. Isileth and I were lucky to get a stable trade circle early, but even we just had to replace a member (we got lucky and found an immediate taker). Flexibility is essential. No matter who you choose as a partner, you should all be aware that changes may have to be made before moving forward and that one of those changes might be you.

That said, I would give Falcon a try. The uranium angle might work out. If it doesn't, you may have to part ways for other circles. Just don't take it personally.

I'll look at Zephir's situation tomorrow. Syro can get into a Type A if he is diligent and patient.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:18 pm

Inquisitor
Lets take it as a given that I need to help one of them. If I fail at that, so be it, but not going to not try.

I don't see a way to keep Zeph or Oz long term.

I don't have the patience for this sort of stuff, generally, but if the game is going to progress for me, its becoming increasingly clear I need to do something myself and not wait on handouts from God, as it were.

I just loathe the idea of leaving people hanging, so much that I prefer to sacrifice any potential short term gains myself.

"Its only a game" after all.
No signature

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:11 am

Ozone
I'm OK at the moment. Got a full circle going with burgers and steel as bonus resources. I'll stick with this for a few weeks and see what happens.
"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" George Bush, Jan. 11, 2000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:29 am

Zephir
Don't worry about me, I'll arrange something.
"You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese." - Spaced (1999)

Return to “Cyber Nations”