So, to make sure I do not screw this up...

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

So, to make sure I do not screw this up...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Inquisitor
Kahn said I would be getting 3mm in foreign aid and that I was to send half of it to Isi. Luckily, when i got the money I checked my other messages before blindly doing that and it appears I was signed up fo some kind of 5x5 tech deal. Sadly, I had already started spending it, but i think that I inadvertently did most of the right things (inf, land, soldiers to keep things in balance, then harbor then foreign ministry).

I think I understand hte mechanics of the deal, someone clue me in to the finer points so my baby brain doesn't screw this up?
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:43 am

Messiah
To the best of my understanding, it works as follows.

You'll receive 3 million in aid. Accept it and buy 50 tech. Offer 50 tech in aid to two nations named in the trade agreement (if you don't know their names, don't offer the tech until you are sure). When the first one accepts, buy 50 more tech to fulfill the second aid offer you made. When the second offer is accepted, you get to keep the remaining funds from the deal, usually around 1.3 million. Go on a spending spree.

These deals are popular because tech prices go up the more you have. For sellers, maintaining a tech level of no more than 50 and then only long enough to sell, tech is as cheap as it gets. At higher tech levels, it costs a nation far more than 3 million to buy 50 additional tech. Tech buying nations get a bargain and sellers make some money.

Aid slots are inactive for 10 days after use. You will use one slot to receive 3 million and two to send tech. Get all of your aid transactions done on the same day and you can repeat it 10 days later. I think this is what buyers expect.

I think sellers are supposed to keep their infrastructure below 999. Not sure why, but it has something to do with the profitability of the transactions.

That is how I understand it, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:43 am

Kon
What happened is you got two aid offers. One for the tech deal, and the one I talked about. Unfortunately you will need all your slots for the tech deal, so don't use any to aid Isi yet. :lol:

I just saw what happened and sent you this PM ingame:
Change of plans. Hold on to that 3 million you got from raasaa. Whenever you have aid slots available (read: not taken up by a tech deal), send 2 mil to Adrian (link) and 1 mil to Isi (link). To do that, click on their nation and hit the Aid link at the very top, above their Government Info section. Thanks. :)
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:42 pm

Inquisitor
Not gotten any aid yet from rasaa so, cool.

Ok then, think I got it.

They are asking for a couple batches of 50 tech, I assume I build it, send it, then wait till they collect to do it again? Is ther an advantage to not spending the money immediately?
No signature

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Phrank T Phish
buy 50 tech, then offer the 50 tech to BOTH people you have been told to send it to. when the first accepts, buy another 50 tech and wait for the second guy to accept. 10 days later, rinse and repeat....

as long as you have enough chinyen left to buy the 2 x 50 tech then alls good, the rest of the cash is yours anyway.
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Isileth
Actually we are currently in a 5x5 deal but the basics are really the same.

You should receive 5 lots of 3 million on the 1st (although some have sent it early).

On the 11th you send an offer of 50 tech to all 5 buyers, send them all at once but only have 50 tech. Each time someone accepts buy another 50.

Then you send another 50 on the 21st.

Any money to be thrown my way would have to wait till the 1st of Sept (If we do another tech deal that month then you may as well keep it).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:02 am

Lord_Gabranth
To be more efficient, buy 50 tech, send *Wait for them to accept* Buy 50 more tech * Send * Vice versa.

Return to “Cyber Nations”