Growth Strategies

Build and expand your nation through trade, diplomacy, and superior firepower.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cyber Nations Moderators

Growth Strategies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:41 am

Messiah
Should I pour all available income into infrastructure as long as my land area and military are sufficient?

What resources should I seek to secure in trade as I am starting out?

At what point do i switch from infrastructure growth (while maintaining adequate military and land area) to other goals?

Is a Monty Python reference really a suitable nation name for an alliance mate?

;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:27 pm

Phrank T Phish
"Peoples Republic of Communist Oppression" wouldnt fit :-(

id also love to know where to channel my meager earnings...
No one loves you.
They're just pretending to be nice. But they talk bad about you after you leave the room.
You're gonna die alone.

Re: Growth Strategies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:50 am

Kon
Messiah wrote:Should I pour all available income into infrastructure as long as my land area and military are sufficient?
Yes. Spend all your money on infrastructure, as long as you have enough soldiers and land to stay out of the red.

What resources should I seek to secure in trade as I am starting out?
By the time you read this, a guide to the best resource combos should be up. For information on what specific resources do, check here.
At what point do i switch from infrastructure growth (while maintaining adequate military and land area) to other goals?
When your population hits 1000 it would probably be wise to get your first improvement. I would recommend a Harbor which opens up your last trade slot. Then go back to buying infra until you can get your second improvement, which should be a Bank.
Is a Monty Python reference really a suitable nation name for an alliance mate?

;)
Of course! :cool:
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:09 am

Kon
The beginning is by far the most boring part of the game. Probably poor planning on admin's part. The good news is that in the next few days, we should have somebody who has agreed to be our protector alliance. It's customary for a very large alliance to protect a small alliance like us until we are able to repel the occasional idiot on our own, and often helps out with things like loans, grants, and trades. So once we get a couple million dollars in aid we can probably put the slow, boring part behind us for the most part. :thumb:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:39 am

Kon
Following a nice conversation with Lavo, a true god of CN economics, I have added new tips to the tips thread.
6) See here for important info on trades. The modifiers of all resources and bonus resources are listed here.

7) Due to a recent update causing balance issues (thanks admin!), it is now best to keep your government as Capitalism, unless your people want Republic. Communism is best during war.

8) If you have Firefox, snag this nifty addon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:25 am

Miasma
Our protectors will also provide the opportunity to do Tech deals. A great way to build.

I'd be well about 1.5 k NS if not for two rogues.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:44 am

Lord_Gabranth
I suggest buying infrastructure up to 999.99, then waiting until you get enough money to buy it too 1200-ish. If you don't, you get hit with huge negative economic faulties, and you'll end up being stuck in a rump for a while. Also, Banks and Factories are you friends. Buy land up to what is required, then don't buy anymore. Period. It'll grow slowly but surely. Buying more would be a waste of money. And don't buy tech from the game, do tech deals. Which I'm sure Kahn will explain. Jeese I've been playing this game WAY too long.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:17 am

janec
Why would you avoid buying tech from the game? :S

EDITED by Authorities: Advertisement Link Signature removed. Bad bot, bad.

Re:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 am

Stracius
janec wrote:Posted: Feb 23, 2012
Lord_Gabranth wrote:Posted: Aug 11, 2008
Thread necromancy is bad ju ju. Piranhas will devour your toes for doing so.

Oh, and hello new person! Please to make a new post properly introducing yourself so that we may all welcome you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Kon
Hehe yes this was quite the necro post! All the same, nice to meet you, janec.

To answer your question, it's better to sell technology to larger nations, who will pay a lot more money than it takes for you to get the tech. Technology only benefits you if you have the infrastructure to match. People usually recommend a 2:1 infrastructure-to-tech ratio, so it's better to focus on infrastructure early on.

Return to “Cyber Nations”